Masters Running

Dog Story Continued (Read 351 times)

King of PhotoShop

We picked Riblet up from school today, and told him "We're going on a surprise ride." He guessed every possible destination but the right one, ball game, amusement park, movies, but as we got further south and the country became so rural, he ran out of clues. At the breeder's home we got out of the car and I made introductions and this wonderful sweet lady invited Riblet to look at this beautiful litter of Sheltie pups and it was then that we told him we were giving him his very own pup, a sweet little 8-week old female. He was stunned, but when it sank in, here is what we saw When he first picked her up, he was tentative, wanting to be careful. He looked like someone carrying a paper bag full of eggs. It was really sweet to see him trying to get to know his new pup: The long ride home had me concerned. Poor thing, away from the litter, riding in a car with strangers, naturally she was subdued and quiet. But when we got home we put her down in the front yard. Neighbors came and said hello and wished us well, introducing their own pets. The pup romped and played with everyone, and it was a delight to see her play and be happy. Here is Riblet playing with her. The Saint said, "she is too quick to photograph!" This was a very big, exciting day for our family. We look forward to learning more about integrating this beautiful pup into our family. Before you ask, no we have no name yet. That will be Riblet's call, and he can take as long as he wishes. I can't remember when I have been so happy for him. Spareribs
    Mariposai

The pictures are priceless. Thanks for sharing this special moment in your family's life with us. To tell you the truth I was waiting for this posting all day long. I am sure the young man will do just great being the caretaker of this cuttie. Enjoy the adventure and welcome to a new chapter in your lives. Wink

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

seemomgo

You are a pretty good guy Ribs. You've made your son very happy! Your halo and wings are showing through! Keep us posted with lots of pictures please!!!

Top 'O the World!

**sniff** I'll have to read this later ~ after my eyes have cleared up a bit **sniff** Congratulations on your new addition!!! Smile psst: small radios work great for calming new puppies @ night!
          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
            I don't think there are words that can describe the look on your son's face, Spareribs! You made one young man very happy today. Good luck with your new family member! Jeanne

Marathon Maniac #957

What joy you have shared with us! Thank you, and I hope you will take us along for the ride as she grows and has new adventures with Riblet. They are both adorable..... Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

You are all going to have so much fun with your new family member. Thanks for sharing.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

SteveP

As you can tell from the responses so far there are two points we hope Riblet notices: 1. You're a good man Ribs 2. Puppys are Goddess magnets. Both bits of information are valuable in his adult years.

SteveP

The Jogger

Brilliant, no even better, CRACKER, 'every picture tells a story' and what a nice tale or is that tail Big grin Roy
                      just lovely, spareribs - thanks for sharing! susan
                        This is marvelous and thanks for sharing the photos. Your son's smile says it all. Karin/CNYrunner
                          Thanks for sharing the story and the pictures. I look forward to more. TomS
                            very, very nice! that smile is priceless Smile
                              Nice, Ribs.
                              Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
                              spacityrunner

Oh, how wonderful for Riblet and the Ribs family. Can't wait for the name....

Trails Rock!