Masters Running

Weds 10/29 daily , early... (Read 506 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Ok, I am freaking out here, as I knew I would with my type A personality and competitive spirit. First Marathon, foot hurting, meeting a gal friend of Ribs, not running for a week (is that a nice way of say'n crash and burn baby), work off the charts, to do list I can't keep control of...mostly of of my Marathon, people at work asking if I am going to win my race (people really don't understand this one), and I know I am forgetting something for my race Roll eyes Well, at least I am joined by great company...Me, Erika, Twocat, and Steve...hey Bob, want to injure something and join us, lol....just kidding fren! Funny, haven't run in 4 days, but it feels like a Month...I feel like a slug. OK, I promise to try and keep my mind off this stuff today. Crazy Tapering TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

wildchild

Carolyn

Dude, it's still Tuesday! Stop freaking out and GO TO BED!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

just what he needs, another goddess tellin' him to go to bed.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Ok, I'll add to it. Tim... GO TO BED!!! Hey Tim, you're just a few days off running. I'm trying a marathon and I haven't had a quality run in 3 WEEKS. So... chill out and settle down. You'll be fine.
            Well, at least I am joined by great company...Me, Erika, Twocat, and Steve...hey Bob, want to injure something and join us, lol....just kidding fren!
            No I can't say that I want to join you and the list of walking running wounded! I would also tell you to chill and go to bed but I'm pretty sure that you've been sleeping for a few hours now. Wink This too shall pass and you will be just fine, one way or another instinct will take over and you'll get it done. And remember you are not alone, we'll all be there with you...well in thought anyways. Big grin

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

After a 15 hr work day yesterday pretty tired for the 5 am run this morning.. Brisk upper 20's. 6 miles with 2 at MP in 52:23 (8:44 pace, AHR 157). .. now it's all slow runs til Sunday. It was nice once I got out there. Must be the HIE.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I sure hope Tim is getting some sleep!! You'll be fine - quit thinking too much. Steve - I give up. What is HIE? The dogs were antsy at 4 a.m. - finally I got up with them at 4:30 and let them outside. A few minutes later I heard a pack of coyotes howling through the woods out back. Freaked me out as I called in the dogs. Of course, they didn't listen to me.... but I counted all 4 .... especially the puppy and all was well. Out the door at 4:50 with Brinkly, a little cautious with the thought of the coyotes when I saw big shadows cross the road ...deer. shew! Avg. 9:33 pace and I didn't walk at all! My HR was up though. Happy Hump Day! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #3309

Oops, I had the wrong date on the subject line...I was super tired last night and wasn't thinking clearly. I actually fell asleep with my keyboard on my lap in my living room....went to bed at 3:00 am. It's really not the fact I am not running that's bothering as much, but the fact that I CAN'T run because of my foot...which feels a little better this morning with 3 more days to heal up...boy, a short run would be sweet right now. I must be acting kinda strange because people at work are all asking me "what's up with you, your not acting like yourself"...they just don't get it and never will I suppose. Over slept, so need to get some work done. Thanks for all your help everyone. I am thinking about switching my Hotel to a Holiday Inn Express Big grin Trying to chill out Tim...not very well.

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

dg.

good morning! Mary, you run with a pack coyotes out there? I guess it sounds like they might always be out there... but after such a fresh reminder!? What does being 'a little cautious' mean? what would you/they do if ya'll met? --Perch is going to become a Kenyan (he was mostly there anyway) by staying at the Holiday Inn Express. Smile. Carolyn, thanks for your healing wishes yesterday. Sorry your run wasn't the best but 70 sure sounds nice. Cold & very windy here, but I'll take this over Tall's snow! 45 minutes prehab this morning (Mark Verstegen). Some rehab stuff soon. This injury stuff isn't very time efficient. I know pain is the goal for tennis balls or foam rollers (at least, for those of us using them) but is there a limit? I worked on the bad spots last night (piriformis) & then woke up in the middle of the night with it throbbing. I don't know where the line is. hugs to all those tapering.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Mary, you run with a pack coyotes out there? I guess it sounds like they might always be out there... but after such a fresh reminder!? What does being 'a little cautious' mean? what would you they/you do if ya'll met?
                      ummm - not quite sure - me thinks that Brinkley is supposed to protect me! Hope your are feeling better soon Deb - I can't advise you either way.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Renee the dog

I worked on the bad spots last night (piriformis) & then woke up in the middle of the night with it throbbing. I don't know where the line is.
                        dg, That's usually when my injuries take a turn for the better. Hope it is for you too! {{ dg's posterior}} Big grin Probably not running today as I think my babysitter is sick. Mr Nono comes home tomorrow night, so I'll just push my 7 over to then...no biggie, but it has to get done tomorrow as we are going on the Auto Train to FL on Friday-Saturday. I don't think I'm allowed to run 7 mi on the train...and gosh it would really mess with the Garmin!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Tim I feel your pain! I have not run a single mile since last Friday and will not be running today. But here are our choices: be underprepared through a week plus of excessive taper or be hurt and DNS or DNF the race. Our pick. I am going for the excessive taper option. You are too (well so far!) just keep telling yourself that it is just over tapering and that if you line up otherwise healthy you will run well. At least that is what I keep hoping! perchcreek I am so jealous! See above. Sad hopeful4ever I am not sure coyotes are much to worry about. Unless you are a small pet and alone they are very unlikely to do much other than run away. If there is one thing critters hate it is a fair fight! Smile Now deer, that is another story! They do scare me. Or at least my wallet! I spend a pile of money deer proofing the evergreens each winter to stop them from mowing them all down. I do feel sorry for them. Our deer control policy is to starve down the population and reduce it via automobile collisions. Dumb and inhumane if you ask me but nobody around here asks me. [Shrug]

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Hill Runner

Good morning all, No running again for me today but I did power walk 4 miles yesterday afternoon. I have never had so much pain in my legs after a marathon...this is going on 4 days now. The good news is that I can actually go up & down steps now without too much pain which I couldn't do yesterday... Smile. I'll do some more walking this afternoon and see if I can run any. Good runs to all today.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                            Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                            Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Tim - now you know what they mean by "taper madness." Smile {{{Peter's legs}}} {{{Dg's butt}}} 6.15 extremely slow miles this morning on tired legs. I did, however, dress pretty accurately for the breezy 34 degrees and it was otherwise quite pleasant. (other topic moved to its own thread)

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

8 easy miles with T...8:02 pace... Tim-You will be fine...just remember to stay on your pace... Dg-When I had piriformis pain...my chiro gave me a stretch to do and that cleared it up...go on your hands and knees and then cross one leg over the other and stretch out the top leg... ETA- Holly...I heard Maui has a nice marathon Big grin
                                Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip