Masters Running

Sunday in the Sun........ (Read 35 times)

and a Happy Father's Day.........

ok,

enough Small Talk,

,,,,I believe my Bicycle is Trying to Kill Me.....

I have gotten off the streets because my rearview mirrow dropped off

I have avoided residential areas because dogs run under my tires,

I have had virtually everything with a bolt, nut, or screw fall off the damn thing

and cars coming up behind me on the road send a shiver of terror thru my gizzard

coupled with a desire to become a monk and repent for every evil-doing I have dood.

today the seat dropped into the seat-holder-thing

every bolt was checked

every screw was tightened

and prayers were offered >>>>>and it got me again<<<<<<<

may have to look into this CouchPotato(e) Thing

==========

short version-

45-min bike ride

........good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

King of PhotoShop

So busy with everyone being nice to me, that I can only post a run report!

7 miles at the Lake this morning, my longest since surgery 40 days ago. Very pleased.  This afternoon we'll all go to my oldest son's house for dinner. Can't wait.  Happy Father's Day all!  Spareribs

Henrun

+1

took a 2 mile bike ride to meet Marj during her run. Now off to meet DS, DIL and GD for Father's Day doings by the water.

and a Happy Father's Day.........

ok,

enough Small Talk,

,,,,I believe my Bicycle is Trying to Kill Me.....

I have gotten off the streets because my rearview mirrow dropped off

I have avoided residential areas because dogs run under my tires,

I have had virtually everything with a bolt, nut, or screw fall off the damn thing

and cars coming up behind me on the road send a shiver of terror thru my gizzard

coupled with a desire to become a monk and repent for every evil-doing I have dood.

today the seat dropped into the seat-holder-thing

every bolt was checked

every screw was tightened

and prayers were offered >>>>>and it got me again<<<<<<<

==========

short version-

45-min bike ride

Mariposai

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers here.

We have a full day of activities today. Our son Daniel started the father's day celebration for his father by taking the Easy Pacer and I for an easy 4 miler. He is cooking lunch for his father and I am doing slow cooking ribs for dinner tonight.

I am feeling a little bit better today, but I am still pretty tired and a little bit under the weather. I tell you, whatever bug I got, it sure is lingering for many days.

Now a little race report from yesterday. This was a small race in a very remote mining community, they had a parade after the race. We had a fun day.

The Easy Pacer  took first place in his age group and 5th overall at the 10k distance. Ohh and he also ran a personal record for this distance on a very hilly course (almost 700ft in elevation gain). He is mighty happy with his medal.

My butterfly wings took 3rd place in my AG, which is surprising to me since I walked/ran most of the whole race.

Celebrated the fathers in your life!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Happy Father's Day!

Go Easy Pacer!

Busy as all of you are I expect today, but I did manage 9 miles by the river this morning.  I guess I will call that a LR, since my legs are still tired from last week's 50K.

Enjoy the day!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

==========

short version-

45-min bike ride

That's blasphemy!!  No couch potatoes here!!

Happy Father's Day to all our masters whether you are a dad or have stepped in as someone's dad - you all play an important role in someone's life!!

10.5 easy miles before church and a full day at the beach!!

denise

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  I've had a busy day with traveling back from Wisconsin Dells, mowing the lawn, pulling the Mustang out for the first time this year, washing the Mustang, then driving the Mustang over to see my dad for a little bit.  But it was a pretty good day.

tw--I have never heard of anybody having so much trouble with their dang bike...are you sure it's the bike?  Whoever is to blame, I don't see you giving up.

Congratulations on your 7 miler Ribs.  I think you're back.

I hope you had a nice day with your family Henry.

Wow, posie--you must be so proud of that Easy Pacer of yours.  He has really come a long way.  Congrats to you, too...and I hope you feel better real quick.

Yeah, Holly...9 miles a week after a 50k is a long run.  I really don't know how you do it.

It sounds like you had a fun day, deez....nice to hear.

Well, before we left the Dells, I went out and did 7 easy miles...well...they were slow miles...there were a whole lot more hills there than I'm used to.

Okay--that's about all I've got.  Time for bed and to start a new week.  See ya!  Oh--happy Father's Day!  Speaking of fathers...here's a picture of Mikey with my granddaughter...I just think it's the perfect Father's Day picture....

Ribs longest run was my mileage for the week. Now I know where I am starting from.

Subdood - loved the pics!

TomWhite - go show that bike what you are made of!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

wildchild

Carolyn

I went for a wonderful hike with DH and DD this morning for Father's Day - about 5 miles on some steep beautiful trails. The wildflowers are in full bloom!  Then we talked to DH's dad and my dad - they're both doing well.  This afternoon, I went back to the state park for a 9 mile trail run - my last long-ish run before the Bighorn 50 mile next weekend!   I've convinced DH and DD to come with me to the race - we're making it a family camping and climbing trip.  But they really don't get why I'm running 50 miles, and there's no way to explain it to someone who doesn't already get it.

Great picture, Mike!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Carolyn, I think it's so funny that they just don't get it.   Glad you could make it a family trip after all.

Mike E, where was that taken? It looks like the Valley... (aka: Wasilla area). Where does Mikey live?

Made it out for my long run today... 16.48 miles. Ok, I'm calling it 16.5. Did pretty good except I need more than water on these runs at these temps/humidity (73° and 24%). Maybe some Nuun halfway thru would've been a good idea. Last two miles had some lower leg cramps, right above my left outer ankle. Weird. Made it feel like I didn't know where my foot would land. Still, a good run and I managed to slow it down a bit.

Got the rest of my potatoes in the garden tonight. That does it for the stuff I needed to plant. I think I'll do beets from the Farmers Market. I've got more garden space to fill. Might do some spinach and leaf lettuce, and cover the rest with black plastic to leave it fallow for the year. My garden has gotten too big for just the two of us, anyway.

Mike E

MM #5615

Erika--Mikey lives in Palmer.

SteveP

Holly, I feel bad for your dad and SM are missing out on two fantastic young people. I, for one, sure enjoy their accomplishments, anecdotes and adventures.

SubDood, Saturday sounds like it was grand.

Remi earned a treat! The run sounds heavenly.

Yikes TW!!

A happy Easy Pacer is a great thing.

What a great camping weekend. All the kids made it. Expecting DDs #1&#2 are looking more radiant than ever. DS told me how I've helped him with his job at a hardware store. He nearly didn't apply until we had a talk. He was gun shy about sales. As it's part of a chain, he's also been tapped to work IT. DD#3 & SIL are simply delightful. We got to spend time with our former foster grandson , Roman, and his brother Rebel. The younger boy's middle name is "Mathew". So everyone has been calling "Matt". After we all fell in love with Roman, the foster care system decided to place him with his preme brother who was going to need 24 hour care. As much as it broke the kids' hearts, neither one of them could give up a career and still meet their monthly expenses. Often, DD#1 would go to the hospital and hold Matty for a few hours. It's hard to imagine the emotions she was feeling at the time. The family the boys got placed with are just a few miles away. The parents have become friends with DD#1 and SIL and the two get to be included on an occasional weekend adventure.

Tag, Honey and I got to hit some fantastic trails Saturday. We got just over six miles in.

Tag still isn't warming up to Marley. DW and I had her for a bit. She licked Tag's face and he jumped off the bed in disgust.  Marley does have an occasional surprise for him

SteveP

Thanks for the chuckle, TW, but no couch for you yet.  MikeE, I like the picture of Mikey and gdd, she looks almost old enough for dance lessons, too!  SteveP, thanks for the great photos of your trail run. Marley is so cute!  Wild, I am totally amazed at your ultra races, do you know how far 50 miles is???

I got out for a walk with the dogs after all the company left Sunday afternoon.  Smokey, the 75 pound lab, is a bit much to handle on the leash so I started running with her a bit, making sure she didn't run in front of me and trip me. I think she could be a good running partner. Bandit likes to run too.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich