Masters Running

Super Sunday (Read 51 times)

Yeah Stumpy!!!!  There is no turning back now!

Thanks for that slice of humble pie, Tramps. Blush

TW - you really said "scroot"?

No run today, got a cold and taking it easy.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

.........ever notice SomeDays it Just Ain't Happening??

That was me today.  I ran outside in a windy 15 degrees, made if 6 miles and went home.  Hopped on the TM for 2.25 miles more and gave it up.  Just no energy.  I have no idea why.  But it just wasn't happening, and was deteriorating to a walk/run nightmare, so I gave it up.  Did some squats and dead lifts and a couple planks and called it a day.

Django Unchained was awesome.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

Holly, Happy Birthday to your DS!  Glad you liked the movie.

Stumpy, great that you've signed up for a marathon!  We'll be tracking your progress!

I've signed up for my 1st ultra, the Gorge Waterfalls 50k in the Columbia River Gorge near Portland, OR on March 30.   Dove had an entry she couldn't use, but she transferred it to me (the race was full).  My brother lives in Portland, and I haven't seen him in a while, so I'll combine the race with a visit, and get a bonus of a free place to stay.

I just got home from my first 20+ miler of the training cycle, and it felt good.  21.21 miles of steep snowy trails, wearing shorts and long sleeves.  I'm so lucky to have such beautiful trails here, and such nice weather for the first weekend in February!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Bushrat Runner

Yay Wildchild!

Our run was amazing (the weather) and soggy (my legs) but it all worked out.

I couldn't keep up with Mo at all today, so there she is disappearing into the distance.

We ran out to the waterfront. Most of the tide flats are clear around the cannery at the end of the road we ran out on.

But if you look past Mo below the bluff you can see all the chunks of shorefast ice still piled in there. Not time for a beach run yet. But with as warm as it's been, it almost seems like we are getting spring early, maybe it started in late December!

Behind the cannery is this falling-apart contraption. I think it is actually the remains of a set of marine ways, which is a rail system they used (and still do use where they have them) to put boats in and out of the water.

Choco the wonder dog, trotting among the metal scrap.

Behind the cannery are a bunch of boats stored waiting for the next salmon run. These boats are in the water for about 4 weeks total out of the year.

We ended up running 7.7 miles. It actually felt okay, but definitely soggy.

Good runs all.

evanflein

Wow Troy, all your snow is gone! Those boats are really only used 4weeks a year? Nice run for you guys.

yeah Stumpy on the marathon, and Wildchild for her first 50k! You guys will do great!

Nice race for you, Maine, following up a good half earlier.

Hi Robin!

Well it took me a while because I kept forgetting stuff and having to go back home, but finally got to DH's office for my run while he worked and watched the game. 10.1 miles at avg pace of 8:18, but what was interesting to me is how consistent the miles were. Started in 8:30's and ended up in 8:15's with final mile at 8:09. I do have to confess to a few stops though, mostly because I didn't know where to go. The bike paths aren't in great shape, but the neighborhood roads are good hard pack. A couple of run ins with loose dogs (Grrrr) and stops for cars, but I ended up doing three laps of some roads, most are about .4 mile long so lots of back and forth, and multiple laps of some sections. I find this sort of run harder than a straight out-and-back or point-to-point. I don't like to have to work so hard to figure out where to go. Oh we'll, better than the treadmill, right?

8:32

8:31

8:21

8:14

8:16

8:15

8:14

8:15

8:12

8:09

8:17 for the last .14

Not bad, but a little frustrating that this is my longest run in a while.

Mariposai

Erika, see...you can run that Colorado marathon and faster than any goddess here!!! you go girl.

I never got out for a run, but I did ski for 5 miles in conditions that took more skills and quads than my planned 3 miles would have require of me.

On to next week Smile my dream is a 40 miles week...it has been so long since I got that many miles in one week.

Troy, I was wondering where you were! gorgeous pictures as always!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

No run today, got a cold and taking it easy.

me too just getting over one enough not to want to risk running in the cold mist today. oh well.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Troy - that's a lot of boat for only 4 weeks a year.  I bet just sitting out in the weather gives them some serious wear and tear.

Erika = gret run! I only dream about those paces now.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

okay Troy, I won't complain about running in the rain anymore.

hey, that looks like one of the one's I fished on in 1985.

I bet there's some really old one around, . . . not as old as me though

However, maybe I still have anothe 31 years of marathons left

http://www.firstpost.com/sports/fauja-singh-101-will-run-his-last-marathon-in-hong-kong-601692.html

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)