Masters Running

Sarah Needs to Run Like a Girl! (Read 391 times)

evanflein

Regardless of your politics, I think everyone here, especially my fellow masters women, can appreciate this article from the Anchorage Daily News today. http://www.adn.com/life/story/522480.html

Top 'O the World!

Well said.
      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
        Regardless of your politics, I think everyone here, especially my fellow masters women, can appreciate this article from the Anchorage Daily News today.
        Our governor, Jennifer Granholm, was also a beauty contestant at one time, and was touted for a possiblity of a national office (however, she was born in Canada, so is ineligible for where your gov has gone). She also happens to be a fitness buff who changed the annual Labor Day governor's walk across the Mackinaw Bridge into a run where she does quite well. One other note of interest is that she has been playing the part of Sarah Palin in Joe Biden's rehearsals for their October debate. So Michigan can breed some strong women, too (not to mention hopeful, dg, aamos, anacrotech, and the rest).

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Our governor, Jennifer Granholm, was also a beauty contestant at one time, and was touted for a possiblity of a national office (however, she was born in Canada, so is ineligible for where your gov has gone).
          Roch, Is there anything in the U.S. constitution about the vice president having to be born a U.S. citizen? I don't remember. If there is no constitutional requirement for the vice president to be born a U.S. citizen, then my opinion would be that your governor could serve as vice president. However, she would not be eligible to serve as president, so if anything happened to the president, the presidency would devolve to the speaker of the house (if that is the officer next in line). Dark Horse
          I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thank you erika. It's hard not to be a runner when you live here [Mendenhall Glacier and Lake at base of popular 3.5 mile East Glacier Loop Trail] Sarah Palin, the Republican nominee for Vice President of the United States, is also a sub-4 hour marathon runner. She ran a hot 3:59:36 at Humpy's Anchorage Marathon, August 21 2005, finishing 15th among the women, 4th in her age group. Palin has been running for quite some time. In July 2000, Sarah and four other Palin family members competed in Health Valley 5K on the Wasilla course, with the following results: Todd Palin 23.24, Track Palin 31.49, Faye Palin 33.00, Bristol Palin 39.17, Sarah Palin 39.38. http://runtri.blogspot.com/2008/08/sarah-palin-mccain-vp-choice-is.html

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Those GuDivas sound like women I'd like to meet. I would say "run with" except I don't think I could keep up with them.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Barefoot Rick

Barefoot Runner

Love it Jon! Love it!! The Palin Posse!!!
                thank you erika. It's hard not to be a runner when you live here [Mendenhall Glacier and Lake at base of popular 3.5 mile East Glacier Loop Trail] Sarah Palin, the Republican nominee for Vice President of the United States, is also a sub-4 hour marathon runner. She ran a hot 3:59:36 at Humpy's Anchorage Marathon, August 21 2005, finishing 15th among the women, 4th in her age group. Palin has been running for quite some time. In July 2000, Sarah and four other Palin family members competed in Health Valley 5K on the Wasilla course, with the following results: Todd Palin 23.24, Track Palin 31.49, Faye Palin 33.00, Bristol Palin 39.17, Sarah Palin 39.38. http://runtri.blogspot.com/2008/08/sarah-palin-mccain-vp-choice-is.html
                Romans 10:15 - How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things!
                  http://barefootrunner.org
                  Regardless of your politics, I think everyone here, especially my fellow masters women, can appreciate this article from the Anchorage Daily News today. http://www.adn.com/life/story/522480.html
                  You're so right or perhaps I should say correct Erika Big grin

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

evanflein

You're so right or perhaps I should say correct Erika Big grin
                    That's correct, Sarge... nobody could ever accuse me of being "right!" Big grin
                    TammyinGP

That's correct, Sarge... nobody could ever accuse me of being "right!" Big grin
                      but we can accuse you of being out in left field Cool

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

nobody could ever accuse me of being "right!" Big grin
                        or sinister either.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)