Masters Running

Wed Aug 6th Possible / Hopefully Ribs Is Out Day (Read 479 times)

The Jogger

Morning Gang Good news from the Saint last night. Sounds like yoiu cook like MrsRoy, Saint. I use to be well over weight until I met MrsRoy, then with her cooking my appetite seemed to leave me, na, you couldn't be that bad. You can tell she doesn't read this Smile Went out for a hilly trail run this morning, 06:45 never out at that time and it was nice, the climb is 675 feet not counting the undulations so I suppose that would count as hilly? Anyway: 8m 01:27:11 @ 10:54 AHR 152 71% WHR Good Runs All on this good news day!!!!!!!!! Roy

Hill Runner

Good morning Roy, {{{{Spareribs}}}} I was selected for jury duty yesterday and this case, unfortunately , is likely to go into next week as well....Sad I'm just heading out the door to run this morning but won't get a chance to post it until tomorrow. Here's my run Tuesday... 8 miles of hills @ 9:15 pace on what is turning out to be a very H&H week here...oh, well , the bright side of this is that at least I'll be in a comfortable air conditioned building all this week. Good runs to all today

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
      Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
      Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning Smile A lot going on here at work this morning, so need to keep this short... It will be soooo nice to hear from Ribs again when he is able and willing Smile Smile 5.3 easy / recovery miles in H&H - 9:04 ave pace. Looking forward to my mid-week long run tonight with 6 1000 M repeats...always look forward to speed work Big grin Have a great "hump day" all, Tim PS: I read this in my cycling bud's blog last night, and cracked me up...wondered why he is so fast Big grin He is a pro rider and is very talented. http://justridinalong.blogspot.com/

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #957

Halllar wrote:
          I have always wanted to make it to one of the big boomer meetings. I will try and make it to wherever is decided by the masses. Lets just try and make sure Ribs will be fit enough to participate in the pre and post party at the least and possibly the run its self.
          Running, shmunning, I was hoping Ribs was going to be doing the cooking. Roy – you better HOPE she doesn’t read this. Timbo – question re cycling form: are you supposed to ride with your toes pointed down, or your heels down? Today was similar to Sunday's workout: bicycle down to the river trail, then 3 minutes run/1 minute walk segments for 46 minutes, then bike home again. 4.34 miles bicycle 4.04 miles run/walk (ave pace run/walk combined 11:36) Today I pick up my kit and team roster for another great adventure coaching DD’s soccer team (5-6-year-olds). I can hardly wait to meet them. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Morning gang! I'm sure Ribs will be happy to be home. So happy that all went so well. Up at 4:30 a.m. so I could get in my longest mid-week run - ever. Debated taking Brinkley along as it was still a little warm out, but the humidity level was down. He was so excited I just couldn't leave him home. 7 miles - 10:12 avg. page - 169 avg. hr. Still battled the heart rate on the hills - so a little walking was called for again. Trying to get back to where I was before my week+ layoff is a little harder than I thought it'd be. But, B'Nellie is improving and I am now getting some sleep at night! 9:33 / 154 9:39 / 162 9:42 / 172 10:24 / 173 10:16 / 176 10:47 / 173 11:02 / 172 Cheers!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Tramps

Good news re: Ribs. A rest day in the middle of a cutback week. I can feel myself getting fatter already. Roll eyes

Be safe. Be kind.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

I hope ribs gets home today! Why is it always muggy on speed work day? It was 72F with 69 F dewpoint this morning at 5 am. 10.1 miles in 1:27:34 (8:40, 151) After 3 mile warm-up wth Tory, ran 6 x 0.5 mile repeats with 2 min jog intervals. Targeted 7:15 pace due to the mugginess. SPlit#/Distace/time/pace/AHR,MHR Split 1 0.5 Miles 3:38 7:16 157, 164 Split 2 0.5 Miles 3:39 7:18 161, 166 Split 3 0.5 Miles 3:36 7:12 162, 169 Split 4 0.5 Miles 3:35 7:10 164, 171 Split 5 0.5 Miles 3:37 7:14 165, 170 Split 6 0.5 Miles 3:36 7:12 165, 171 Averaged 7:14 pace! Have great runs, Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Renee the dog

Morning all -- I blew off my run last night in exchange for a short fling with Mr. Don Julio... Got up and out by 6 this morning...ran 3 on the boardwalk by myself, then picked up Renee and ran southbound. Ran into another runner and his dog, and we decided to run together. Turns out this young man finished 72 in the Sea Isle Sand Run that I just did on Saturday night. He and a bunch of his friends came down...some ran, some supported. Very nice guy and Renee was in heaven. She loves teenagers and to have a teen with a running dog almost knocked her out! I seriously think I saw my dog swoon a bit. Big grin My totals for this morning were 5.5 mi in 56:07 or something like that. It was 75F and 89% H. If the air doesn't start coming off the ocean I may have to actually turn on the air conditioning. Thanks for all the comments in yesterday's thread about my parents' situation. It looks like my sister may have found an acceptable nursing home which will provide hospice for my Dad while taking Mom in and let them live together until he's gone. And then she can continue there as well. THEN, most importantly, my brother-in-law took my sister to Hershey Park and made her ride a bunch of roller coasters. She's a real screamer on the rides, and I'm sure it was good, cheap therapy for her to spend the afternoon screaming her head off. She said she was one of the oldest people in line for the coasters. Is 51 really the topping out age for coasters? I remember my Dad riding all the thrill rides with me when he was in his 50s...never thought anything about it. Hope SR gets sprung today!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Looks like Perch and I ran similar runs today! I ran 9 miles total with 7x1/2 mile repeats, 3 minutes jogging between rather than 2 minutes for Steve. And I walked some during the last few rest cycles. But smokin' quick for me! Repeat#/Time/Pace/AHR, MHR #1 3:48 (7:36) 152, 156 #2 3:45 (7:30) 156, 160 #3 3:42 (7:24) 158, 163 #4 3:41 (7:22) 160, 164 #5 3:43 (7:26) 160, 165 #6 3:39 (7:18) 162, 168 #7 3:31 (7:02 !!!) 164, 169 That last one 'bout kylled Byll. But I like to blast the last one - see what i can do. 78f and 90%. Nap Time. Byll

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #3309

Holly....toes down or heels down is just a preference thing (much like being a heel striker or fore foot runner) I personally ride toes down myself, but sometimes ride heels down if I am tired and need to change positions, or want to work my calves. Glad you are asking questions like this, and using your bike to cross train Smile 4.4 mile run / walk Smile TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Great job Bylll! Notice how the AHR ad MHR steadily climb throughout for both of us. What's up with that?

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Is 51 really the topping out age for coasters? I remember my Dad riding all the thrill rides with me when he was in his 50s...never thought anything about it.
                          I used to be a real coaster fanatic. Then a few years ago, after a long layoff, I rode a few at Cedar Point when we went there with my DS. I found that I couldn't take it anymore. Maybe my brain has shrunk and fits more loosely in my skull, because I sure felt like it was being rattled around and I came off with a headache. Not fun, and I haven't been back to a park since.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Good morning, all! {{{{{{nonoruns}}}}}}}} - sounds like a good solution for your parents. The roller coaster story makes me smile. I keep thinking I'm past my roller coaster days, but maybe I need to reconsider. Roy - nice hilly 8 miler! dg - I've been reading about a new Asics shoe - the Fortitude - it's supposed to have a wider toe box. I'm going to try to find a pair since I am not enchanted with the Nimbus X's. Camp was absolutely wonderful - I came home with a completely different dog. Mary - how is Nellie doing?? Pictures??? Heavy rain and thunderstorms here this morning, so I opted for an easy treadmll run - 6.6 miles @9:43 pace and 146 average HR. Good runs to all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

"Notice how the AHR ad MHR steadily climb throughout for both of us. What's up with that?"
                              Ummm. Maybe we were dieing out there? Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Dave59

Easy 4 miles this morning. (What else is there to say?)