Masters Running

Palos Bank Southwest Half Marathon RR w/pics ~ (Read 212 times)

I love to run!

Palos Bank Southwest Half Marathon RR w/pics This was the inaugural Half Marathon in the area for Mel, who owns our local running store Running For Kicks. Mel is the race director also for this race and did a wonderful job. Very well organized and if you read my earlier post, Mel got Khalid Khannouchi involved as well. Photobucket It was a beutiful day for a race, about 40* at the start, sunny just a hint of a breeze. The start line is about 6 miles from our front door, which is very cool! Photobucket Photobucket mrsbill did a great job, as usual, with the pics, and is the best support any man could ask for... (not bad looking either Thank you Honey ) Photobucket I'm just getting ready to taper for the Bayshore Marathon in 3 weeks, and this race finished out a 62 mile week for me. My goal was to run a 1:45 or under, I didn't want to go all out, or get injured. I felt very ready.... Photobucket The course was an out and back with only 3 turns, and you never had to lose your pace with any of the turns, sweet! Photobucket I planned on about 8 minute miles from the start and figured I would pick it up on the last half... Where's mrbill? Photobucket Mile 1 : 7:49 ~ I feel good, but I should slow down a bit. MIle 2 : 7:55 ~ That's better, let's hold that pace. Mile 3 : 7:56 ~ OK, let's hold this. mrsbill took a ride to meet me out on the course. (she's a sweetie) Photobucket Mile 4 : 8:00 Mile 5 : 8:04 Mile 6 : 7:59 ~ I need to pick it up for some negative splits. Mile 7 : 8:08 ~ Grabbed a cup of water. Um, pick it up d00d!! Mile 8 : 7:41 ~ That's what I'm talkin' about! Mile 9 : 7:47 Mile 10 : 7:40 ~ OK, save some for the finish. Mile 11 : 7:47 ~ I'm feeling the pinch! Mile 12 : 7:58 ~ I stop for some Powrade. (they had the blue stuff ) Mile 13 : 7:47 ~ I'm hurting now and just want it to be over..... but I'm bringin' it home! Photobucket 13.1 : 00:43 ~ Whew, I'm done!! The medals were awesome.... Photobucket ...as was the post race party. There was a band... Photobucket ...and a beer garden! They had Miller Genuine Draft 64, which, I guess is OK for after a rough 13 mile run....but not for just chillin'. So, chip time = 1:43:20 ~ I'll take it! Photobucket I got to meet 'Twisted' out there at the post race party, very cool guy. Class act. He did a great job on his race today, as well. Photobucket All in all, a great day and a great tune-up race for Bayshore. I think I'm ready!! Thanks for reading *Does anyone recoginze the shirt I'm wearing?* (on the back it says Boomer Reuinion Run.)
    One More Mile

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Great job Bill!! I'm so happy you found us and are posting regularly!! Is anyone helping you with the photo's? ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

I love to run!

Thanks hopeful! I'm going to try again with the pics.... I think I've got it now, Thank you! Cool
        One More Mile

King of PhotoShop

I like to see a race where the runner has a good plan and executes it well. Nice adjustment after mile one. Yes, I would say you are ready. Nice pics. Spareribs
            Great job, mrbill. You're sure ready for Bayshore. Maybe our paths will cross. Congratulations. TomS
            evanflein

I'd say you're ready. Excellent job on the pacing. Thanks for the pictures, I love RR's with pics!! Smile
                MrBill, What a great race!! and beautiful pic and Khalid. Wow. Super weekend and you are ready for the Bayshore Marathon, which I believe is the same day I am running the Ottawa Marathon (good vibes). Your training has been great and you will have a great one. Thanks for the great read. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

wildchild

Carolyn

Well done, mrbill! I, too, like RRs with pictures. But my DH and DD have never come to my races, so I never have any pictures of my own. Your DW is sweet to come be your support team and photographer! Great race, and great photos. Your DW is a keeper!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I love to run!

Thanks everyone!! You guys are also a great support team! I'm so glad I stumbled into you again Cool
                    One More Mile
                    TammyinGP

Great report MrBill! And I loved all the pics along the way. You ran a real strong race and exceeded your goal! Congratulations! btw: at the Eugene Marathon this weekend, I noticed one guy, as he was crossing the finish line, wearing a OneMoreMile shirt . . . thought of you!

Tammy

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Great job MrBill.. You are SO ready for Bayshore! What an excellent RR, I loved it! It sure looked like IRC! Thanks for sharing. Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Great race mrbill, I'll keep my eye out for you at Bayshore. Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Great racing and running mrbill and I am so glad to see you here. I was pretty new to CR when everyone went various places and worried that you were away for good. The pictures are super and I agree with all here-- you are ready indeed. I love One More Mile (the notion and the products). I am actually pictured in the One More Mile photo gallery (I am coming out of Cinderella's castle during the Disney Half-marthaon and wearing one more mile gloves! Big grin My fave is "Kick Assphalt" however.....anyway, seems like you have way more than one more mile to cover with some fleet feet. Thanks and Great job! CNYrunner

I love to run!

Great racing and running mrbill and I am so glad to see you here. I was pretty new to CR when everyone went various places and worried that you were away for good. The pictures are super and I agree with all here-- you are ready indeed. I love One More Mile (the notion and the products). I am actually pictured in the One More Mile photo gallery (I am coming out of Cinderella's castle during the Disney Half-marthaon and wearing one more mile gloves! Big grin My fave is "Kick Assphalt" however.....anyway, seems like you have way more than one more mile to cover with some fleet feet. Thanks and Great job! CNYrunner
                              Thank you, it's great to be here. I love that pic on the One More Mile gallery! Now I know who it is Big grin I am the one cruising around the Chicago lakefront Tongue
                              One More Mile

jfa

Ooooooh Nooooooooo!!! Surprised Great job Bill!! Very Impressive!!