Masters Running

MONDAY Nov. 3 runs and rests (Read 750 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Wow - no one has started this yet today? It is a scheduled rest day for me. My 9 miler yesterday absolutely zapped every ounce of energy out of my body. I was a total slug the rest of the day. I'm guessing that I have not fully recovered from my marathon yet? I TiVo'd the one hour coverage of the NYC marathon yesterday afternoon and when I sat down to watch it, DH watched it with me. He asked again if we were going to do Milwaukee next year, and then went on to tell me how he is my number one fan and is behind me 110%. There was an 82 year old woman in the crowd of the Today show this morning that ran the marathon yesterday in 6 hours 5 minutes. She looked greta!! Happy Monday!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Good morning Mary. I was going to start the daily earlier, but I feel guilty if I haven't run, and today is cross training day for me. 4.5 miles on the eliptical trainer with some free weights and ab work this morning. The fog is as thick as pea soup here - it was a slow drive to the Y this morning at 4:30! Mary, are you still contemplating Milwaukee? When you make your decision, let me know. This one sounds like a good first marathon. If my body can hold up, I may join you! As tired and sore as many of us are, imagine how our political candidates must feel on this last day of campaigning. No matter what your decision is, make sure you get out and VOTE tomorrow! Have a great day, everyone.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good Morning.... Sorry about your tough run Mary...guess a Marathon takes a long time to recover from. That's really neat about the 82 year lady. And it is cool your DH is your number one fan...remember, we all are too Smile Boy Jlynne. you really start early...at the Y at 4:30 Shocked Funny at work today as people are asking how my weekend went. When I tell them I had to stop at 16 miles because of my foot... and blah blah blah, they say NOT the race silly....the Woman who stayed with you Roll eyes . Guess at least that takes the pressure off "a little" about my DNF to some degree here at work. Have a great day everyone Smile Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

3.4 sluggish miles for me last night. The weather was great and my mind was in it, but my legs were not cooperating. Now with the time change, it will be more and more difficult to get runs in before dark. I may have to invest in a reflective vest as after supper works the best for me. (Fortunately running on a full stomach never seems to bother me.) Busy time for me at work and home...it's hard to keep up with all the posts, but I try to pop in when I can. Great races to all the weekend runners! Maybe I'll try to find a fun Thanksgiving or Holiday run for kicks this year...we'll see. Janet
            I guess I got too busy at home to start the thread today. My bad. Smile Still busy, so I will just post my run: 5.1 miles, 45:52, 9:01/mi, AHR 134 (recovery) Good runs or rests, all!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

6 miles in the rain with T...8:01 pace Mary-It's a good thing to have a supportive spouse...My DW and kidlets have stood out in the rain many times to watch me finish...brings tears to my eyes everytime
              Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

I'll mirror Mary.. My 26.2 miler yesterday absolutely zapped every ounce of energy out of my body. 2 miles wobbly walk with Tory

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Mariposai

As tired and sore as many of us are, imagine how our political candidates must feel on this last day of campaigning. No matter what your decision is, make sure you get out and VOTE tomorrow! Have a great day, everyone.
                  I second that Jlynne. I have a dear friend who is running for a state representative position. She is dead beat as we all are three miles out from the finish line. I do not take for granted my "Voting for freedom" right since I know what it feels like to be forced to vote for a dictator in my former country. Rest day today from running, but thirty minutes of weights and core exercise helped me wake up this morning. Can't wait to read the race reports.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

3 miles with the 5K clubbers this morning. I enjoy seeing their progress as race day is now a mere 3 weeks away for them. Wishing a good recovery to all marathoners from the weekend.
                    Teresadfp

One day at a time

Only 4 miles today, after running 3 yesterday with DD10. My running partner is still hurting. It makes it tough, because I want to go farther. Maybe I will try to get in a couple of more miles this afternoon. Congrats to all the racers this weekend, and that includes you, Tim! I'm glad you were smart and stopped. You will obviously do well in the future, so don't be TOO discouraged!! I will enjoy following your progress.

Top 'O the World!

There was an 82 year old woman in the crowd of the Today show this morning that ran the marathon yesterday in 6 hours 5 minutes. She looked greta!! Happy Monday!
                        Saw her! Said this is her 21st NYC & 52nd marathon! Smile very kewl!
                        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! No run for me today – light x-training instead: shoulder presses, weighted squats, dead lifts, bench step-ups, hammer curls, reverse flies, butterflies, and various crunches. First time I have done bench step-ups since the tendon strain last summer, because those seemed to especially target the sore spot, but today they felt fine. I might be ready for lunges now. Smile Living in Ohio means that we have been especially bombarded with the constant political ads, phone calls, and about 26-28 visits from each of the candidates. I for one can hardly wait for the election to be over. Happily, I was able to vote by absentee ballot a couple weeks ago, so I won’t have to face the lines tomorrow. The in-laws are gone now, after a pleasant visit, and the house can get back to our normal routine..... Happy Monday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

Seems to be a lot of you resting/cross training today! Mary, Jeanne, Tim, Perch, Holly, and Mariposai. Mary, it's sweet that your DH is so supportive of your running! My DH is just kind of neutral about it. Perch, I bet Tory liked the walk, even if you were wobbly. Big grin I suppose I should be resting/cross training too today, as my ankle looks kind of like a kankle! It really doesn't hurt much, though, so I brought my running stuff to work, and was thinking an easy 3 might be OK... I'm wishing in hindsight that I did mail-in or early voting. I live in a small rural county with maybe 5,000 people and 3 polling places. The lines aren't usually very long and I always have neighbors to chat with in line, but still, the lines will probably be longer than usual before work tomorrow. But I will definitely vote - I don't think I've ever missed an election since I was 18.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

DickyG

New York City has established a Rat Information Portal, complete with a searchable map of rat inspections and violations, debuted last Thursday on the city's Web site. Beyond providing advice on rousting the rodents, the site aims to encourage residents to act as rat watchdogs, using the map to track trouble spots and pressure property owners who are slow to address them. An upper east side resident, Marvin "Tony" Soprano, stated "Fuggedaboutit..this is a big waste of time...all the rats I know are in the witness protection program." Roch: Really like the sound of your running club...we used to have one years ago but it sorta broke up as the running population around here really dropped off. Sarge: Also a great effort...17 miles in 2 days...that's as much as you've run in a while, right?Greenspan...yeah...what an idiot... Teresa: Another cool story about DS...he (and actually his entire team) are just awesome. Enke: 14 miles! Not bad, girl...not bad at all. Lou: Your pace was actually 8:49, not 9:01 Carolyn: Hope ankle heals quickly. So you haven't missed an election since you were 18? So I guess this is only your second one, right? Good run for me this morning...5.2 hilly miles in 46:37 (8:58)..the real encouraging part was that I was able to run the entire distance without walking and still had a little left at the end. Eagerly waiting for the NY RR's. DickyG
                                Lou: Your pace was actually 8:49, not 9:01
                                Picky, picky Smile
                                5.2 5.1 miles, 45:52, 9:01/mi, AHR 134 (recovery)
                                Fixed

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com