Masters Running

Sunday's Daily, 4.27.14 (Read 44 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Do you know which is which?

Of course I know which is which!  I'm their grandfather, for crying out loud!  The one on the left is Sonja...wait...that one is Freja...the one standing is So...no...that has to be Fre...does it really matter, which is which?

I got the you tube to work.  Great video!

Thanks for the rain, Starr!  Thanks a lot!  Of course, now that my run is done and I'm showered and I've eaten, the rain has stopped.

So, my daughter, Lori--we call her Larva (actually, everybody calls her Larva)--coaches 2 traveling soccer teams and a traveling basketball team.  Yesterday, both of her soccer teams won their league's indoor championships and her basketball team one all 3 of their games in a weekend tournament they're in.  Today, I texted her to see how things were going and I asked her how her daughter--we call her Big J (except for me, I call her Weiner) was doing.  She texted back, "Dad, she has been awesome.  We just won again so we are in the championship game.  There was a moment in the game today that I had tears in my eyes because I was so proud of her."  Boy, do I know how she feels.

Okay--that's all I've got.  Oh--they lost their game and settled for 2nd.  I hope she chewed those kids out good!

It's really coming down, now.  Thanks again, Starr.

Sayhey! MM#130

So much news!  so little thyme (I'm tryin to make supper here).....

Congrats and happy celebrating Mariposai!  You are so talented; glad you had such super helpers.  Sounds as if y'all are having big fun.

deez, please keep me posted on which Nov race you and your friends select......unless you want to keep it just for them, then I can go with the other one!

Steve, gorgeous photos and you always make me laugh.  No comment on the table (of course, if I could get a Fenway seat...) and yes, I listened to the whole series up north and we took it 2-1 is what I'm holding onto.

Thanks for setting me straight, Carolyn.  Next weekend will be an adventure, for certain!  Palm Bluff conservation area is north of Orlando (I'm staying near Sanford, now infamous spot) and I think that even though there is some single track, it will befairly tame.  [I do recall completing (very slowly) the marathon in Salida, CO a couple times, and that, while only 26.2, was a Big-C Challenge.]

Ribs, everyone is grumpy on Monday, and as you said, that day will probably be the worst one.  You know we're thinking of you so come on here if you need to distract yourself.  Once you get to the hospital, you'll have the nurses to flirt with and charm.

very cute g'kids......and I love the pride part of the story about your amazing coach there, Mike.

Just saw the news about the weather in OK and the marathon....very big and relieved congrats on the time and for completing it.  Some folks from here are out there doing a family relay.  And I was thinking of Tim, so glad to hear he is still tying up the laces.  Thanks for all the news.

Troy, feeling better?

Anyone else dealing with the harsh weather we're hearing about?

JAY, can't get over you posting the recap (and so meticulously) BEFORE breakfast.  You are quite a special person.  Thanks for the info, and give us the scoop on your race....at the expense of us tomorrow--really!

Echoing what Holly said about the weekend flying by.  Of course, I don't have two kiddoes and all the commitments you have, so hats off to you, for true.

hi Starr!  Love reading your posts.  I think I need a Minnesota fix....maybe Grandma's........

Lovely run this am.  A group of us try to meet Sundays at 6.  We ran the bridge this am, about 4.5 miles from where we start, and were treated first, on the way, to a glimmering slimmest possible sliver of a moon, then by a brilliant sunrise on the bridge, the sun coming up over the river.  And the scent of night blooming jasmine along the way.   Got in 12 at around a 9:15 pace.

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Tet!!!  have I ever told you I LOVE YOU!! 

Aamos - I will definitely keep you posted .....would love to be able to meet at a marathon that is not so busy as Boston!!

denise

...WONDERFUL picture mikeE//...........I'm sure they don't get spoiled toooooo much........

tet

may be a cyber-bully

but

he's OUR cyber-bully

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

SteveP

Speaking of tomorrow!! It will be a worse day than the surgery as it's clear liquids day, then an enema in the morning.  Ha Ha!  Spareribs

There's a song in those lines. I just know it.

Cute grandbabies MikeE

Love Tet's entire post. Except for what I don't understand.

DW rescued Honey as her mom is working her 12 hour shifts. Mental editing here. Now that DD#2 is in a family way, she and the baby daddy are taking things slow. The wedding date has been moved back a year. What ever the relationship works out to be, my interests are primarily for our grandchild. Is post conception the best time to slow things down? Any way, I indigest.

DW and Honey went clockwise on the Psycho Path. Tag and I went counter clockwise. Did one loop them met the dynamic duo and paced them back to the truck. Us fellas got nearly 3 miles in. The filets... fellets...chicks...DW and Honey made 2 miles.

SteveP

Mariposai

I noticed a LOT of people with jackets tied around their waists in this video.  Did you collect the fines?

Nope, I did not  collect any fines from the inaugural Omak Orchards in Bloom participants, but. today was the Woofin and Hoofin 1 mile and 5k run that my Omak Fit 4 Life Coalition organized and some RA members were caught with their jackets tied around their waists . .... what will Spareribs do

Ohhh, the not-so-Easy Pacer took first place in his age group finishing the run in 27 minutes. A 4' PR for him. I am so proud of my beloved.

Look at this picture!!!! I think Spareribs will have a great time with fines for these folks.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Just popping in to announce my return to weather reality (ie. home in CT).  It was a really long travel day.  Plane was delayed and overbooked. Traffic home was horrible. A good friends 18 year old daughter took advantage of the two parent situation to inflict as much pain on my friend as possible.  Just a long day.  On the good news front I got in my last double digit run (13 miles) prior to next Sunday's Cincinnati marathon. Tomorrow will be a bit short of 9, then 6 then 4 then 26.2!  Plus lunch with Holly S.! I can hardly wait!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tet!!!  have I ever told you I LOVE YOU!! 

No wonder I love running so much.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

15.1 miles today, for 56.7 for the week. I think I'll make 200+ for the month of April after all!