Masters Running

Urban Wildland 5k/Half Marathon RR (Read 204 times)

HermosaBoy

So, Hermosa's boys kicked some major booty today and dad was there doing what he is supposed to do -- cheer and take pictures. Just give you the summary: Young CamScam in the 5k -- lines up on the line and takes it out hard. So hard that he forgets to hit lap on his watch at the mile markers. Oh well, I told him the plan of attack was to be in the top 10 or 15 until 2 miles and then kick it home. He didn't totally follow the plan. He was 5th until sometime in the 3rd mile -- then he got passed by a couple, but still finished 7th out of 209 and 1/13 in his AG with a time of 21:01. I think he just might be ready to start cross country in two weeks. As for KeeMan -- another stellar performance. I gave him similar advice except told him to stay with the lead pack. He was in the pack when he disappeared from sight. I drove over and caught him at around the 10 mile mark and he was in 4th. 1st and 2nd were battling. 3rd was probably a minute back and then KeeMan with two runners hot on his tale. I heard CoachRon yell, "Come on you are a 10:00 two miler." I think this was more to psych out the runners on his tale. Worked for one, not the other. So, cut to the chase -- KeeMan was 5 out of 1103 and 1/14 in his AG with a new PR time of 1:17:06. In the course of the race I am pretty sure that he set PRs for 10k, 10 mile and the half. For those of you keeping track -- his 1:17:06 is 56 seconds faster than my PR. I can live with that! Big grin Thanks for reading -- will post some pictures when I get them uploaded. Photos: Half Marathon Start, 5k start and finish, Around Mile 9 of Half Marathon and Half Marathon finish. Check out the battle for first in the half marathon...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Woohoo! Man them kids got some fast feet! The CC team will be very happy camscam is on their team! Congrats to all Hermosa boys!
      -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
      also on Twitter
        Another good day at the races for the boys. Thanks for the report, Rob.
          Another great day for the runnin' Hermosa boys and a nice workout for you, Rob. The Keeman gave you a nice target for your next one.
          Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
            Congrats to the Hermosa Boys...we all know where they get those fast feet don't we dad? Wink Boy I really love reading your race reports even when they only involve your boys...i can feel the passion you have for your sons and for running. So very cool to be able to read about all of their accomplishments. I look forward to alot more reading in the near future!
              Excellent report and photos! Those sons of yours are speedy and your pride and joy just makes me grin. Thanks as always for sharing and I can't wait to read more as the season(s) unfolds. Super racing! Karin
                What a great day for the young hermosas with AG wins and speedy times. You have every right to be proud of them. TomS
                nowor

Cam Scram blows me away. I remember when he didn't train, was interested in running, wasn't interested. There he is winning AG and pounding his heart out. Well done Coach. Kee Man is surging ahead. What a team you have!

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

What elite runners!! Man are they fast! The next Ryan Halls??

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova