Masters Running

Dr. Dale (Dtoce) is an Ironman! (Read 374 times)

Some of you may remember Dr Dale (Dtoce) from Cool Running days.  He coached me for a time.  I ran across Dr. Dale's Ironman Lake Placid race report on BeginnerTriathlete.com by accident and thought you all might like to read his adventure.  I hope he doesn't mind me linking to it here.

I think he does a great job of describing the chaos that can happen on the Swim Leg and of just how tough an Ironman is.  (A runner of his caliber running a 4:28 marathon for example).

Congratulations Dtoce!  You are an IronMan!

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #957

Very cool!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

Of course I remember Dtoce! Most exellent runner and Doctor. I am not surprised at all that he has done a terrific job on his tri race!

Congrats, ohhh magnificent Tridoctor!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Hooray!  That is terrific news; thank you for relaying it, billr

King of PhotoShop

Good for him!  He is a terrific athlete, a first class medical professional and a kind-hearted gentleman.  I will never forget how helpful he was to me after my heart surgery. I am very happy to hear this.  Thanks Bill.  Spareribs

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Excellent!

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Delighted!

He's a class act and that RR is a gem.

Sal

pfriese

A great report. Thanks for posting the link Bill. 

Congratulations to Dale! Fantastic Report too.

Our favorite place in the world too and where we want to retire---Lake Placid. You rocked it DToce

Hi to all! Hope you are all taking good care of yourselves. I've stopped in from time to time and read the daily just to see what's happening, but life has been busy while training for IMLP.

thanks for all your nice comments about the race-I was surprised that Bill saw my report, but I knew he'd posted at BT, so thanks Bill

I feel like the tinman today...still sore, but back to work...

Dale

Tramps

Congrats, Doc Dale!  Nice read. 

My wife's been doing tri's and has several friends who did the Lake Placid race.  I'd heard it got pretty warm on the run. Sounds like you made it through just fine, though.  Well done!

Be safe. Be kind.

mrrun

Congrats Dale - great race and report!

marj

wildchild

Carolyn

Congrats, Dale!  What a huge accomplishment, and a great report.  Too bad it was so hot for the run. I don't know how you tri-guys find the time to train for 3 sports, especially with a job and family responsibilities!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Congrats, Doc!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

...nice going dtoce//...........I'm just glad you haven't been injured..........kind worried there for a while

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....