Masters Running

I took one thing off my Bucket List (Read 260 times)

munchkn883

This past Sunday morning found DH and I on our flight up to NYC. We arrived a little before my sister-in-law and brother-in-law. I wanted them to come and share Monday with me. After they arrived we grabbed a limousine and headed to the motel. We stayed at the Millennium on Broadway that was right across the street from the GMA studio. We were too early to get into our rooms so we just checked in and left our bags and headed out for some lunch. We found a nice little Italian restaurant and the food was great. After lunch we headed over to Girshwen Theatre to see Wicked. This was our first Broadway Musical and it was nothing short of AWESOME! Show over, we had dinner reservations at Gallagher’s for a huge steak! Wow, by this time we are all pretty tired so we went back to our hotel. Monday morning at 6:30 we were walking into the side door of the building…no waiting in line for us!! Anyway, we were taken to a room full of flowers & food because Robin Roberts wanted to meet me before the show. I had to hold back the tears when she came into the room and hugged me. I introduced her to DH, SIL & BIL before she had to leave. I thought that was it, but much to my amazement we were ushered onto the set to watch, take pics and talk to Robin, Diane, Chris & Sam. Robin told me she was waiting for the right time to take off her wig and since she knew I was coming, this would be the day! Right before she, Diane & Chris sat on the sofa she called out my name to find out where I was. I told her I was right there and she could do this. Cut to commercial and when the show came back on the wig was off. After the show we all were standing around talking when Robin took my arm and said “do you all mind if Donna and I go over and have some time alone?”. I was floating! We went over to a sofa in front of a huge window and talked for about 10 minutes. Robin had a segment to do so left and was back in about 15 min. We all continued to stand around and chitchat. Robin is as down to earth and wonderful as I thought she would be. Diane, Sam & Chris were as wonderful! Diane told me I needed to be there everyday b/c it was so nice to look out and see a smiling face with lots of energy….I’m starting tomorrow (ha ha)!! I’m only posting one pic at this time b/c the reporter who went with us from our ABC affiliate station (WTVD) is sending me the ones she took as well. I promise more will come! There are no words to describe what Monday was like. Robin and I
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wow, how awesome is that! It's neat to hear that they're as nice as they seem. I can't wait to see more photos!
      seemomgo

Wow!!! What an awesome story. Your energy and enthusiasm must have really been something! You inspire us every day when you post and help many of us to remember to hug our loved ones and not take things for granted. You are a special lady Munch!!!! Thank you for sharing this with us. By the way, what else is on your list?

Renee the dog

Look at the two knock-outs in that photo! Wow! Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a wonderful day. Smile

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

munchkn883

seemomgo -- Just a few things.... Take my daughters (ages 26 & 30) to Disney World -- We are leaving on 5/8 for this!! Trip to Montana to go fishing with DH Hike down into the Grand Canyon Ride in a jet fighter or sit in a Stealth Bomber Go to my grandchildrens' weddings Visit the New England States
            wildchild

Carolyn

Hey Munch, I want to hike into the Grand Canyon, too, and when I suggested it to DH for a spring break trip, he wasn't interested. So maybe the two of us should plan a trip? Or three - my 15 year old daughter would probably go if I went. We're pretty close. Smile

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Wow......she is TALL huh? I knew she played a lot of basketball in her younger years, but seeing her beside you makes me realize just how tall she is. I am glad you had a good time there and will look forward to the other pictures. The two of you in this picture just radiate.. Joey
                Vista
                btb1490

What a wickedly special day you had in the Big Apple! Thanks for sharing!
                    Munch - I've only recently discovered your story and your bucketlist adventure, and I must say I am overwhelmed. You sound like an amazing person, and what an incredible journey you are on. Thanks so much for sharing. And - are you short Wink or is Robin just really tall?!? My goodness!

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Have a great time at Disney World! We loved it. If you get a chance, try to eat at Le Cellier, in the Canadian section of Epcot. Excellent food! The Soaring ride at Epcot is also a don't-miss, and the safari ride at the Animal Kingdom. Expedition Everest is great if you like roller coasters - not really as scary as I expected. That's one thing I liked about WDW - the rides weren't as terrifying as at other parks I've been to. Where will you be staying? We were at the Yacht Club, a beautiful hotel. After I booked it, though, I read that it was based on places in New England, and I thought, "Huh, we LIVE in New England, why did I book us there??" But it was nice. You'll have to give us a detailed report of your trip. Make sure to take notes while you're there, because so much happens that it's easy to forget cool stuff! Teresa
                      coastwalker

Hi Munch, Well, how cool is that!!!! As wonderful as Monday seems to have been for you, it seems that you had even more of an impact on Robin and the rest of the GMA crew. Why am I not surprised? Have you contacted either/both of your state senators about trying to get a ride in a jet fighter? Give it a shot, tell 'em your story. You never know... You continue to be an inspiration. Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

munchkn883

Jay -- after thing calm down I'll try to compose something to our Senators. Will keep you posted. Carolyn -- If DH starts to drag his feet, I'll give you a call for sure on the Grand Canyon! Leslie -- She is tall and I am short! Teresa -- I've written down what you said and put it in my "Disney" folder which I'll be taking! Thanks!
                            This is neat, munch. Good luck on the rest of your list. TomS
                              Awesome, munch! Hike the grand canyon....yeah, that's the ticket!
                              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                                This is marvelous and what a fabulous picture of two inspirational women. Thanks for sharing your special day with us. Karin