Masters Running

Hello from PJH/CanFit! (Read 218 times)

PJH

Hello from north of the border ... Mississauga to be exact. I hope this finds everyone well. I haven't posted for some time (last May), but am hoping to sneak in more frequently if no one objects. My family and I are doing well. I continue to run. Following Boston last year, I trained through the summer and ran the Toronto Marathon last October. I did well enough to qualify for Boston again in 2010 when I turn 60. I did injure myself though (lower ab tear) and have been 'rehabbing' over the past few months. I'm hanging in around 25-30 slow miles per week, doing some physio and hoping that things get progressively better. I've signed up for the Mississauga Half Marathon in May, but we'll see how it goes. My wife and I were blessed with another grand-daughter in December . My oldest son now has 4 girls under the age of 7 ... quite the busy little household, but no complaints here. My first year working on my own (training business) has been interesting and overall, went okay. It's nice not having to commute to work every day, but I do miss some of the people ... and I really miss the IT support that I took for granted all those years! Anyway, looking forward to catching up. I scanned through today's post. I see a lot of familiar names, but a lot of new ones too. For sure, all the talk about running is what I've missed most. Cheers! PJ
      As a fellow canuck I've always wondered what happened to you. Glad to hear things are going well with your life and with the recovery. And a new grandbaby is always fun. Congrats on making Boston again. I ran the historic Hamilton Boxing Day 10-miler over the holidays....I highly recommend it.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

evanflein

Hey PJ! I think I remember that you stayed in the same hotel we did last Boston, but we never connected (Holiday Inn Brookline). We'll be there again this year. Not sure if I'll be able to go back in 2010. Three years in a row... gets expensive! Good luck on the rehab and getting back at it. And congrats on the new grandbaby! Oh, and yes, when my DH struck out on his own, he really got a hard reminder of how much the IT "help desk" guys did for him before!

Marathon Maniac #957

PJ! I had the pleasure of running with you at Boston for just a little bit. Congrats on qualifying again. I didn't make it in my spring marathons, but who knows - maybe I'll get lucky in 2009, and get to see you there in 2010. Smile I really enjoyed watching your training last winter, and hope you can join us more regularly again.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dg.

Hi PJ! It's wonderful to 'see' you again. Sorry to hear about your injury... good luck with your rehab. It sounds like everything else is going very well. Very nice to have you back.
              It's good to hear from you PJH. It sounds like a lot is going well. I'm sorry to hear about the injury but it sounds like you're recovering well. Post often. TomS
                welcome back, PJ.
                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                Tramps

Welcome back, PJ! I look forward to hearing regularly from you. Congrats on the BQ again.

Be safe. Be kind.

coastwalker

Hi PJH, Welcome back, and congrats on the new granddaughter, qualifying for Boston again, and the new biz. It seems that, despite the injury, your life is full and good, and ain't that grand! Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.