Masters Running

THE WEEKLY RUN & X-TRAINING THREAD w/e SEPT 7TH (Read 228 times)

Thanks Dark Horse... Dark Horse-10 miles + lots of travelling Dutchie42-8.5K +Krav Maga class + trip to hospital...hope you're better now evanflein-55.85 miles +walking,weights and pool running...great week fatozzig-23.57 miles + core + bike lyndenrunner-36.5 miles nowor-15 miles + core + bike pfriese-29.9 miles...nice 5K tetsujin-One more swim and lots of tapering
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-8@8:00 Tue-Off Wed-8@8:01 Thur-5@7:52 Fri-4@8:20 Sat-3.15@9:36 Sun-26.2@9:19 Total=54.35 miles
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        Thanks, lyndenrunner. Smile Monday: 6 miles running cross-country Tuesday: 4 miles running on the treadmill Wednesday: 100 pushups, 100 situps, 30 barbell curls, 1 mile on the elliptical Thursday: 5 miles running on the treadmill Friday: 100 pushups, 100 situps, 30 barbell curls Saturday: 5 miles running on the treadmill Sunday: 100 pushups, 100 situps, 30 barbell curls, 30 lat pulldowns, 30 leg curls, 1 mile on the elliptical Totals: 20 miles running, 1 mile on the elliptical, 300 pushups, 300 situps, weightlifting Dark Horse
        I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
          Thanks, Lyndenrunner. Mon - 5 miles, 10:45 pace, w/4 30-sec hill sprints at the end, which equaled .32 miles = 5.32 miles total. Tues - 1 hour strength/core; 30 min stationary bike. After work - should count for extra credit. Wink Wed - 6-mile progression run. 10:38 av pace Thurs - 1 hour strength/core Fri - 1:32:05 - 8.25 miles. Felt really good this a.m. Sat - 2.5 hours of trail running, approx. 12 miles (?) Sun -

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Or week starting Sept 1? This is first week of taper (yeah!), but still looks a lot like any cutback week... Monday: Rest Day Tuesday: Oops... another rest day Wednesday: 6.3 miles (this is Tuesday's run) Thursday: 8.1 miles (this would've been Wednesday's run) Friday: 5.5 miles at 7:58 avg pace, oops was s'posed to be EZ; half mile walk c/d Saturday: 8.6 miles at 8:11 avg pace, walked about .3 mile c/d Sunday: 14 miles, most on the Equinox course. Felt very hard altho avg pace was 9:30, which isn't bad for this hill but I was far off my pacing chart goal. 42.5 miles of running for the week which at 75% of my last peak mileage week was just right. Also walked a lot of cooldown, but didn't measure most of it. No weights this week due to time constraints, something I hope to fix next week. Thanks, Gordon, and good job on a hot marathon. The weather/temps matter more than we care to admit sometimes!!
              Thanks Lyndenrunner, Mon.......rest Tues......3 miles...3miles Wed......xtrain....slacker Thurs.....rest....slacker Frid.......3 miles...slacker Sat.......3 miles...slacker Sun.......3 miles....slacker Total 3 miles....I can't get my mind right.
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks lynden. Started off the week with 13.1 miles in an annual Labor Day half marathon that seems to be getting harder and harder every year (not that being in a new age group has anything to do with it). Smile Will be tapering the rest of the week, . . . maybe even until the Bellingham Bay Marathon at the end of the month. Say hi to divechief and arf at your Skagit Flats Marathon. you're gunna just fly! .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

pfriese

DayMilesComment
                  Monday43.6 miles bicycling - done
                  Tuesday6.4 miles running - done 9:44/mi avg pace; hills
                  Wednesday9.6 miles running - done9:56/mi avg pace; hills
                  Thursdayrest day - done
                  Fridayrest day - done
                  Saturday15.0 miles running - done 10:18/mi avg pace; LR
                  Sunday9.7 miles running - done10:38/mi avg pace
                  Total40.7 miles running 43.6 miles bicyclingDone Done
                  Paul
                  Dutchie42

I did my first run in a week this morning: 6.6K@6:59. My wrist didn't like the bouncing motion of running. But it wasn't painful. Did go and watched my Krav Maga class last Friday. They practiced the three way attack: one guy attacking with fists only, one with a (rubber) bat, one with a (rubber) knife. Man, I was glad to just be watching.

Dutchie
                    Run the day, or the day runs you.

nowor

Gordon, Hope your feet are flying! Mon-4.75 mi Wed-7 mi Thurs-Ball/Core class AM; yoga PM Fri-4.25 Sun- Biking Summary: 16 mi + other stuff