Masters Running

New Year's Daily 01.01.15 (Read 40 times)

New skirt in town

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to reconnect with my RA friends.  I tend to get sucked into Facebook, where I can connect with many of you, but not all of you, and not as richly as I would like.

So, here goes! Some of you many know from FB that I'm 7 weeks into rehab for a metatarsal stress fracture.  I've been slowly reintroducing running over the past week.  Today I ran 3.7 miles PAIN FREE (well, ran/walked, really).  I wanted to go farther, but I held back.  There will be time to increase my mileage and speed, but for now I'm just loving that my foot is on the mend.

I've been tearing it up on the elliptical, completing long workouts, interval workouts, and even tempo workouts in an effort to maintain my fitness.  I've also been focused on resistance work and core training, which will hopefully serve me well as I head into these next months of (slowly) increased mileage.

Looking forward to hearing from all of you!

--RT

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

Slo

Ok, 2015...Lets do this!

Day 1 and I'm ahead of the pace bunny!

Hi Robin! Long time!

Phlegm Farm would be a good description of my run this morning. Still recovering from an upper resp infection but wanted to keep my New Year Day streak going and make sure I don't fall behind that damn pace bunny.

New skirt in town

I'm already behind my pace bunny.  Hurry up and heal, foot!

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

...Good Thinking rt//........always let TheInjury tell YOU what the work-out is gonna be......

==========

......20's here..........60-min bikeride

7-gears up and 7-gears down

couple of Runners out,

still

playing with my bike helmet mirror thing,

had

a great view of MY OWN HEAD today,

though

probably not a good long term biking strategy

Note to Self:

put the shoes INSIDE overnite before a Winter work-out

..........good running guys........Happy New Year.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

King of PhotoShop

Hi Robin with whom I communicate every day on FB!

We didn't want to do anything today with this weather, 32 and steady rain, but the Club had a new year's day potluck breakfast so we went out to Grapevine, ran 4 miles in the rain and rejoined our friends in the clubhouse around the heater and had some fruitcake and other goodies, then just got home.

I will read and cook today, plus add up all my books, miles and other achievements from 2014.  It was a bad year of running for me what with the surgery and all, so just 1471 miles.  2015 will be better I'm sure. Happy New Year to you all. Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #957

Happy New Year!

Robin - glad to have you back!  While I do see you on FB, this is the place I stop in every day.  FB is just something I glance at once or twice a week, so I miss a lot there.

Ribs - 32 and steady rain has to be just about my least-favorite running weather.  Good for you for getting out in it.  I think I would have skipped the run and gone straight to the potluck...

Today is a holiday but I will likely remote in and work a half-day so I can take tomorrow off.  We're having some friends over for dinner tomorrow night for a Mexican themed meal: chipotle pork tacos with homemade salsa, spicy pinto beans, pico de gallo, and Mexican fried rice.  I'm trying a new dessert called cherry clafoutis to finish it off.  I'd better to my LR tomorrow so I can have room for all those calories....

6.35 miles for me today in 20 degrees with a brisk wind.  Lots of sun, though.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tramps

Hi Robin!

What great news for Deez to start off the new year!

Ribs--yuck.  Cold rain is the worst.  Tough of you to head out there.

Holly--yum.  That sounds tasty.

Had fun listening to a rocksteady/reggae band last night well past midnight...even if were about the oldest people there!   Something I'll have to get used to, I suppose, as the years add up.

I told myself today was a running-optional day and I'm going to let the pace bunny jump out ahead.  But I'll be catching up tomorrow.  I didn't make my 2014 in 2014, but will try again: 2015 in 2015!

Will watch our local Winter Classic in a bit.  Gorgeous day for it--if a bit too sunny.

Have a great year.

Be safe. Be kind.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy New Year's Day to all.

Decided to do a solo run rather than getting up early for a 4 mile race in Salem.  so 4.4 miles at 9:30 pace.  24F and breezy, so I wore my new running jacket and was nice and comfy.

I had also planned on doing some work over the next couple days, but I may have waited a bit too long to change and it appears that my corporate password has expired.  I guess I'll suffer until Monday when I can get it reset.  Oh no--no emails.

Hi Robin--glad to see you here, too.

I reset my pace bunny and we'll see if I can get past him this year.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Dave59

Fun start to the year.  A group of us rented a place called Whiting Forest. We brought food and drinks and ran loops around some trails.

I ended up with 5.8 or so.

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Ran local running club 5K, Cham-Pain, today.  Weather was 33 F and gusty winds but great way to start the New Year.  Though I have to admit that at the start I wasn't really motivated.  Amazing what a good run can change that.

Happy New Year's all.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Happy New Year, everyone!

Like Robin, I've been away from here for far too long and am resolved to stay better connected this year.

2014 wasn't a bad year..... finished another 50K, plus a few other off-road type races, but have been slacking recently.  Ostensibly due to some gut issues and minor hip soreness, but that's just my excuse for the seasonal laziness.  More seriously, I'm needing to protect my increasingly arthritic knee and plan to back off the major goals, enjoy the trails with friends, and spend more time this year doing trail maintenance and volunteering at local ultras.

........ so yes... today is a couch potato/ hockey watching day!

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

C-R

Hey everyone.

Busy New Year's day for everyone. I waited to run Holly and it got to 27 with that steady wind. At one point I thought I was running backwards. It was great though as the sun was bright and crisp.

Nothing special on tap. Just trying to clean up a little work stuff and a couple of small house projects.

Good to see you back robin. Heal up everyone. We have lots of miles and smiles in '15.

Cheers/

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

mrrun

Shadowrunner - our race was in the same weather  low 30's and windy.  good to see lots of friends there - including the awesome RW, Jay, who picked off runners like they were roadkill - lots of fun to be behind him and see his skill.

stopped at the liquor store on the way home for our usual wine and some bourbon to try bourbon mashed potatoes!

welcome robin & heme!

ribs - don't run in that weather - you're breaking twocat's @

Holly - send some of that food our way,

marj

deez, what great news!  I'm so glad to hear it,  DrRobin, it's good to hear from you.  Good luck with the continued rehab.  shadow, nice 5K.

Nice long runs for Mike, Twocat, and CNY.

This morning, it was about 20° and it was a bit windy.  I did 6 miles at an 11:28 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

A good 2015 and lots of good runs for all.

TomS

TammyinGP

Nice start to the daily and New Year, Robin. thanks for getting us started.

David and I went to our Southern Oregon Runners Club Resolution Run.  It was casual, not timed, just run-what-u-like sort of run. We ran 4.1 then had a nice SOR sponsored breakfast of fruit, muffins, champagne, juice, etc.   Ran another 1.4 when I got home with the dogs, so got in a total of 5.5 for the day. and I'm ahead of David so far this year in miles!!  lol.

Last night about 9:30 he was adding up his monthly miles in his journal  and realized he was short 4/10 of a mile for his 1000 goal due to a math error early in the year. So he got out of his pj's, put on his running clothes and headlamp and headed out to run 4/10 around the driveway to make his goal.

Have a great New Years Day all!!

Tammy