Masters Running

Sunday the 27th Runs, etc. (missing Miami ...) (Read 453 times)

Manchild

Too bad Bill but rest assured that you will be back in short order. Speaking of back. I took my much healed back for a spin this am. Ran my normal nearly five mile loop with no real discomfort after having taken two days off (one, a planned rest day). Off to JV and Varsity BBall games at the HS. Good luck to MC Stumpy, you're from Wakefield ...I've run around that lake like a zillion times. My MIL lives above it in North Reading. Nice race BAP!!That's my PR in the half! Tall, care to share a recipe? Nice runs PDR and Tselbs and all the rest... Chris

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Like everyone has said - you made the right choice Bill - now get some rest and feel better soon. This morning was my long run and I had 10 miles planned. I executed those 10 miles, but it wasn't pretty. I pretty much knew right from the get go that my legs were dead - but the stubborn part of me didn't listen and trudged my way through the slushy slippery stuff. Took me almost 2 hours!!! Last night DH and I went to a benefit dinner/raffle/auction for an acquaintance that was paralyzed from the waste down after a hunting accident. Only 24 years old. It was heart warming to see all the people that came out with their wallets open to help in any way they could. Be thankful for the legs you have - you never know what tomorrow has in store for you. I won a 3-month family membership to our very nice fitness center, and another one month membership (individual) for a smaller health club. These two will bring me right up to the summer months! Now my better half . . . . . well he is going on a wild boar hunt. Confused Cheers! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Chris--the lake is probably the main reason I'm still running. It's too easy to get to, to be able to blow off a run Smile I'm out there early in the morning. of course, with my great grasp of MA geography, I first thought W. Tisbury was on the Cape--close, but not quite. Seems like a nice place to live. Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Bill Get Well ! PDR and Holly you gals are awesome bap good race Tall---Peanut Butter Pie OMG that sounds sooo goood Big grin Will looks you had a successful week 54 miles! Great job! Me, 12 miles with several good sized hills on about 2 inches of fresh snow again.. Man uphill on snow is hard. 29.9 miles for the week Smile

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Marathon Maniac #957

PDR – nice LR at MP! I wish I could put out 12 miles at MP, but 5 seemed to be my limit today – very nicely done by you, though. BAP – nice HM! Tall – that sounds delicious! Arf – I think he’s invited only boys, but DD and his 13-y/o girl cousin will be there. I don’t know yet if I will skate – depends on how much supervision the kids seem to need, but I know DD (age 5) will be begging for my help (and company) with her skating in a party full of big boys. Hopeful – nice prizes! Way to tough it out on your LR, too – feels great to have it done, doesn’t it? Sarge – running on 2” of snow means about double effort points for you in my book. Okay, now it’s time to gather up the kids and head out. Wish me luck…Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tramps

What a nice variety of runs today…BAP’s and (upcoming) MC’s races, Dale’s strength run, Stumpy’s and TomS’s snowy Yaktrax runs, PDR’s stepback, Holly’s MP miles mix, Jlynne’s wintery run, CNYrunners’ 60-mile weeks, Perch’s magical healing miles, WRFB 16+miler, charleygross’ better-back run, Mary’s tough ten-miler, and Sarge’s hilly, snowy 12. Bill and Evryday are on the sidelines healing up. Tall—peanut butter pie…you’re gonna deep fry that, right? Felt great to sleep late today but it meant just a 10-miler for me @ a sproinky 8:38.

Be safe. Be kind.

Renee the dog

I don't normally post here, just read along, but my run was so nice this morning, I thought I'd share. Following up yesterday's 6 mi "Run through the Ice on the Boardwalk" adventure, I decided I'd not head up there for today's 3 miler. So, as I approached the boardwalk, I went to the beach instead, and OH HOW NICE! The sand was perfectly level and firm. Lovely lovely lovely! There were patches of snow (no ice) here and there, so the dog could run from one to another in sheer joy. I just went with her and enjoyed the lack of wind, the great recovery feel of something different under my feet, and had a blast! Other folks on the beach were clapping and giving me the thumbs up -- I guess we both looked like little kids -- I know I felt like one. Big grin Running usually puts a smile on my face. Today it also put one in my heart.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

nonoruns, welcome and thanks for sharing I love it! Big grin

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Great Sunday runs everyone.... Today, out at 8:00 AM...26....calm, foggy, wet degrees.... The trees were covered in White frost....and what was really interesting....my running buddy and I (after a few miles) noticed that the hair on our legs were frozen and white.... Wish we had taken a pic. He arrived a little early and had already run five miles, I hung in and ran 16..my first LR since Houston and at a reasonable 9:05 pace during the first 10 miles, 9:15 for the remainder....so I was pleased.... By the time this run was over (the last few miles) the fog had burned off and the sun was shining....should reach the mid 60's today. Now, on my way the Gainesville Texas see my parents..
                      6 miles on the treadmill, 1% incline, at 9:19 mile pace. This gives me 27 miles for the week. I don't remember the last time I ran that many miles in a week. I'm pleased with the mileage, but I simply can't run faster than 9:00 miles or my left knee quits. To be honest, I can't run far enough or fast enough to improve my fitness. I get up a good sweat but I'm not even tired when I'm done. Dark Horse
                      I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                      SteveP

mmmm peanut butter pie.

SteveP

Bill you made the right decision a race today would have accomplished nothing but setting you back . Its always hard to scrap a run but a race takes even more fortitude. Good call! DH It must be frustrating. What has the DR. said? I don't recall what your issue is. Welcome nonoruns. Some times you just gotta tell someone who understands. I guess that would be us. 10 miles on the treadmill for me today. I think that may be a pr for me on a treadmill. I normally hate them but have been having a knee issue that I believe is from running in the squirrlly conditions along the roads here. Snow on top of ice and the sidewalks not being shoveled, Oh well I watched a movie to pass the time. This is the end of my first week of my marathon schedule so I really didn't want to miss any runs. The knee feels fine and with warmer weather in the future I hope to be back on the roads Tuesday. Good runs to everyone.

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

munchkn883

Definitely a day off for me. After my 7.8 miles yesterday, my hip and lower back were hurting. I'll get a few miles in tomorrow. Right now I'm going to go get the ice and hopefully it will help the hip and back.
                              Running stupid here in PA - 22 miles @ 6:20/mile - my runs had been kind of crappy so I was testing myself a bit... Good runs to all! Ray Evil grin Surprised Confused Cry Sleepy
                              pfriese

Tough LSD today after yesterdays 5K. The legs were much more tired than I expected. I had planned on 16 miles today, but ended up with 14 miles at 10:10/mile. Have a great Sunday, Paul