Masters Running

Saturday, April 19th Daily (Read 429 times)

Good morning friends........wakey.....wakey.........time to pull yourself out of those comfortable beds and try to get your "TO DO" list accomplished. Hopefully a nice run is included high in the priority area. I don't know about you, but all that is going on with our group going to Boston is very motivating and gives us all an extra spring in our step. Lest I don't mention it, we also have a good number of friends running other races this weekend and we look forward to those reports. I am also excited that the Mockingbirds are back in the bush in front of my place. This year I discovered them a little sooner, so right now they are at the egg stage. They go 12-13 days before we will see the babies, but I am not sure how far into that cycle it was before I discovered them on Thursday. I am doing a daily photo diary of their progress if you are interested in watching........"They are back.......Mockingbirds" I have a busy weekend, so am running only minimal miles for what I am working on for goals. This included 2 miles yesterday afternoon in the warmest of temperatures locally this spring.....84 degrees. I love running in the warm weather, but it may take me a while to adjust. Enjoy the day......enjoy the run.........enjoy the chatter in this thread today. Have a good day!
    Vista
      Saturday morning - a very nice easy 3.67 miles - 32:02 - (8:44) - Avg HR 120 Sunny and 54 degrees when I finished at about 7:45, it doesn't get much better than that! Cool Well I went in to Boston yesterday and picked up my race packet. As I entered the Hynes I went directly to where my number directed me and as I approached this very lovely young lady said "your mainerunnah" which caught me by surprise. So who do you think that was? It was Karin aka CNYrunner and she introduced me to the gentkman to her left who was none other than Bob aka btb1490! Wow what are the chances...pretty good I guess. So maybe just maybe this is all a good omen for what is to come on Monday in my little jaunt to Boston from Hopkinton! Good runs all, maybe I'll see a few of you tomorrow at the trials, I'll be heading down with our group of "Maine Rowdies" to cheer our fellow Mainiacs on: Joan Benoit-Samuelson, Emily Levan, Sheri Piers & Kristin Barry. They are all winners in my book! Big grin
        Wow.....the fun begins. Did you notice how smooth mainerunnah was with that "lovely young lady" comment? I KNEW the man was smart......(and also correct!!!) I did want to add that if any of you know families with children or teachers with classes who might enjoy and benefit from the following of the Mockingbird Family, I have created a BLOG to let them do so. Already I have school classes in Quebec, Canada, South Carolina and North Carolina checking in from emails that I again have sent this year. This BLOG will just make it easier for all involved. http://mockingbirdfamily.blogspot.com/ http://mockingbirdfamily.blogspot.com/ Thanks......enjoy.
        Vista

Hill Runner

Good morning guys, 10.20 miles of hills @ 8:49 pace on a beautiful summer morning...57 F and sunny Smile Good luck to all the Boston Runners & racers this weekend!

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
          Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
          Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

anachrotech

What's with the wakey, wakey? To do list? Nuts. Wash kitchen floor and clean the windows. blech I think I had the best sleep last night that I've had in years, seriously. Great run this morning but not very long. 3 miles in 32:50. Surprising what a little decent shuteye will do for a run. Good runs all.
            dg.

"wakey wakey! It's a beautiful morning out there!" Anachrotec, I'm glad had a great sleep and a great run. vista, thanks for starting us. I'm looking forward to more Mockingbird pictures, they are a treat. Mainerunnah, nice morning run. Perfect weather.. thanks for sharing the assorted details. it's almost as good as being there. Smile. No run this morning; a pilates workout & some yoga. callanetics last night. Today I think I'll start painting the back of the house. I like spring. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
              seemomgo

Vista - thanks for starting us off! I love your mocking bird posts. My kids really areliking it too! Mainerunnah - how cool for you to begin your Boston trip with these meetings! Good omen indeed! Anachrotec - zzzzzzzz's are really good. Why don't you regularly sleep well? I'm cranky without my sleep! Peter - you are so consistant in your running. Your quiet posts sometimes sneak by me - but I look for them as you tend to post such consistant times, miles etc....I need to follow your training book. Short run today as tomorrow is a long run - I'll do about 4 today. Lots of work around the house today - kids are getting ready to go to a TSA competition next week and their projects are all due Monday. Only 5 short weeks left until the end of the school year. eta - good morning dg! We must have posted at the same time! Jinx you owe me a coke!
                dg.

morning cmom! I was thinking the same thing about Peter's posts. I just count on him to steadily do wonderful things. enjoy your projects. ok. I owe you. Smile just say the day.
                    Good Morning friends! Now that I finished printing out mainerunnah's comment on our home printer, I have to get to Kinkos and get it enlarged for a poster sized wall decoration! Wink Very kind of you I must say! Seriously, it's a gorgeous morning here in Western, MA and I had quite the afternoon and evening once again in Boston. Indeed, Bob--BTB and I were stationed right next to one another handing out bib numbers in the 9,000-11,000 range. Even though the assignments are random, everything happens for a reason it seems. I recognized mainerunnah right away and it was wonderful to chat with him for a bit. He looks great and it is a good omen! We (btb and I) also met and chatted with henrun and marj, ileneforward, Aamos and her husband, tim--wa5yom and his wife. Fabulous! All great people and all even better looking in person of course. Aamos has quite the stylin' hair do by the way and was literally bouncing when we saw her. BtB is even more kind and caring in person than his posts would indicate. It's no easy task to watch so many people come in and get their bibs/chips when your plans have to change. Hats off to you Bob---your courage and grace is rare. By the way, Amy will be at mile 13 with the Boston Children's Hospital crew----that's the mile that tselbs and I have chosen. Cool! I am back at home now and just came in from a 3.5 mile run ---birds twittering, leaves popping and feeling fine. Wherever your running or walking path may take you today----have fun with it and enjoy. I am always grateful to be out there racing or not. Karin Vista--Joey....I love the mockingbird blogsite. My son is fascinated and wants to check it regularly as well---we just looked at it together.. Thank you!
                      Vista thanks for the wakey up! Good morning everyone! Easy 6.2 miles w/DW Perfect morning, sunny & 54 Smile My s ore legs & I are off to do a doubleheader at 12 noon. Have a great day Smile

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Renee the dog

So psyched for the Boston reports on the daily! GOOD LUCK everyone! Well, in-accuweather is reporting that it is 46 degrees here at the coast. Uh, Renee and I just got back from a 4mi that I almost cut short on her behalf. She was hosed down before we left, but it was W-A-R-M out. Checked weather.com, and it is 66, not 46 degrees. Just a slight difference. Wink The dog is a machine though! I made her stop at 2.5 mi. and catch her breath under a tree for a min. But then she was off pulling right after that. I love her. Running together actually made me fall in love with this dog. Tomorrow I will set the alarm for 5:30 to avoid any heat issues for a long run. Again, thanks to everyone checking in from Boston. It's sooooo exciting!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

........wakey.....wakey.........
                          go away, me sleepy.
                          go away.
                          Go Away... Let Me SLEEP.. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!
                          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                            The Boston excitement is building. It was neat to have maine and CNY report meeting other boomers already. enke, that was a neat taper poem you posted on Thurs. Nice long runs for wildchild (longest ever) and Peter. Good job on the speedwork for BC and maine. It was another beautiful morning here in the "thumb" of MI. The temp was in the mid 50s, it was clear and almost calm. I got in 8 miles in about 1:16 for a 9:30 pace. A good day and good runs for all. TomS
                            Teresadfp

One day at a time

A gorgeous day in Maine! My 10-year-old daughter and I parked at her school and headed out for a run together in 57-degree, sunny conditions. HAPPINESS IS!!!! She said she could do 3 miles for sure, so we ran about 1.6 miles and then headed back. Her best friend's mom drove by and honked, a nice thing to have happen. She still felt strong at 3 miles, so we ran along a couple of side streets and ended up going 4.1 miles, a distance PR for her! It's so much fun to run with her chattering up a storm. So that makes 31.5 miles for the week for me, a record! I'm so thankful I can do this - what a blessing. GOOD LUCK IN BOSTON! That's so neat you guys are all meeting each other! Teresa Smile

Me

Hello Everyone, 3 miles for me this morning. Mike