Masters Running

Masters Monkey Rumors... (Read 712 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

If we want the odds to be tilted in our favor for registration, Trent needs to know our real names.  If you will send them to me at hollys4874 at yahoo dot com, I will forward the list to him.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

What, I can't register as wildchild?  How about monkeychild?

(Holly, I know you already have my real name to send to Trent!)

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Just a reminder:

Wow. Now what's wrong with me that I find that really, really enticing....?

xor

I am interested in Monkey this year.

Marathon Maniac #957

If you stare at it long enough, it's eyes follow you around the room.....

Hi Stevie Ray!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

#artbydmcbride

I am interested in Monkey this year.

I am also interested in Monkey this year.   Cool  I don't have a "real name"

Runners run

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, those of you with a real name, let me know what it is, or you will be stuck in the throngs of non-RA runners (and the registraion closed out in 4 minutes last year) if you don't let me know so I can get you an inside edge.

(gotcha Steve and Wild - OM, are you in or what?)

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Like Joe, I'm running NYC two weeks before. I think my coach would kill me... Would this qualify me for Maniac status? Is there a cutoff time? I really would love to do this... 

Mariposai

I was thinking the same!!!

But not this year, sad to say!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Is there a cutoff time? I really would love to do this... 

Last year the registration opened and closed in 4 minutes on August 1.  I'm trying to get us in good with the RD.  Possible bribes with cookies and/or beer.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Oh no Holly, I meant a cutoff time for finishing the race! But I looked at previous years' results, and saw there were 7+ hours times, so I feel much better now... but yes, add me to the list, thanks!!

OM, you are so far beyond needing to worry about cutoff times.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

pfriese

Trent needs to know our real names. 

Unfortunately, Trent knows my real name. Big grin

OrangeMat

MM #6177

OM, you are so far beyond needing to worry about cutoff times.

Bill

Yes, but have you see those hills?? I like to hedge, you know....