Masters Running

Simply Saturday daily 4.12.14 (Read 40 times)

Mariposai

Gorgeous spring weather here in Pullman, WA where I am having a lot of fun visiting with my son Daniel during his university's "mom's weekend". We had a great dinner at a Japanese restaurant last night as a kick off and today we have a day full of activities ahead of us, including a 3k race that we are entering together. I am smiling big, of course!

Have a wonderful weekend you all!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

...mornin' mari/////////

===========

...28mprnb

deo

...............Claire Visit,,,,,,meaning LessSleep and MoreLaughing

...................and DD1 is in from Ankara, Turkey so going up to Ky after work

...................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

pfriese

A beautiful spring morning here in Oklahoma, too. I'm still feeling great, so I joined the OKC running club's marathon training group this morning for a nice Saturday morning run. I caught up to Opie at the first water stop and we ran together until the next water stop (3 miles). He was running 15, but 10-12 was the most I thought I should do, so I turned back there. It was nice running with him and catching up. Anyways, 11 miles at 9:30/mile made for a great start for the weekend.

Paul

King of PhotoShop

You recover pretty quickly Paul. Well done.  And best to Opie.

Well, my 4.5 miles this morning allowed me to close out my week with a whopping 16.7 miles!  Now I think I can quit licking my wounds and get back to training.

Cleveland next week.  Spareribs

Good Morning Mari, et al. It sounds like you will have a great Mom's weekend.

Paul, it is great that you got to run with Opie.  I still can't believe you ran the Paris Marathon. I will get your report read today sometime.

TW, any day with a grandchild is the greatest. And to spend time with your DD is super special too.

Ribs, what is up next for you and The Saint?

I just got back from my 8.17 mile run. I wanted to get out before it got too windy. 5F and sunshine. I really have to psych myself up for these long runs. The schedule actually had a 10k race, but there isn't one, so decided to go for 8.  There were some hills, but manageable. I did wish the drinking fountains at the parks were open, I could have used that. The last two miles I got in on the Army Reserve group doing their 2 mile PT time trials. The poor guy ahead of me looked even less like a runner than I do and I even passed him!

Now it is time to out the dock together with MrStarr. Oh, he picked up 65 dead fish along the shore this morning! Yikes!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

C-R

Hey all. Been so busy lately I miss posting and reading in here.

Very nice mari. Enjoy that time.

You too Tom

Pfriese - nice run and congrats on Paris too.

hey starr - nicely done.

so has my local marathon this morning no was looking to BQ @ 3:25. Ran with the 3:15 group until 22 when nature interrupted a great run. Cost me 5 minutes but still managed 3:19 and change. this is the most sore I have been after a race and actually Tompkins a 20 minute ice bath. Should help. Now for soccer with the kids and some good bbq tonight. Cheers.

Oh and stop slacking ribs.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Marathon Maniac #957

Well, my 4.5 miles this morning allowed me to close out my week with a whopping 16.7 miles!  Now I think I can quit licking my wounds and get back to training.

I'm right here with you, Ribs.  I took yet another day off running, partly because we had very early morning plans - getting DS to his 2nd ACT exam by 7:45, an 8am oil change for one of the cars, and an 8:30 softball practice for DD - but also to give my foot, which is improving nicely, one more day of rest.

Once home from the oil change and grocery, I spent a couple hours weeding and rototilling my garden, and then planting spinach, carrots, Swiss chard, and onions.

Now, after a lovely lunch of Panini sandwiches and fruit, I don't really feel like running.  I don't know how you late-day runners do it.  If I don't do it first thing, it's so hard to talk myself into it later.

So now it's time for a shower, then off to the driving range with DD.

Starr - nice job!

Mariposai - enjoy!

TomWhite - Turkey, wow!  Enjoy your visit!

Paul - what Ribs said....

C-R - WELL DONE ON YOUR BQ!!!

Happy Saturday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Now, after a lovely lunch of Panini sandwiches and fruit, I don't really feel like running.  I don't know how you late-day runners do it.  If I don't do it first thing, it's so hard to talk myself into it later.

Practice

Nice runs and workouts today everyone.

Out for 18 miles this morning along the D&R Towpath [running solo since running buddy in London]. I was surprised parking lot was empty when arrived. Last couple of weeks with trout fishing season parking has been dicey.  Temps were about 49-50F at start but when I finished 65-68F i.e., started w/shirt finished w/o it.  It was my longest run this year and with great weather too.   I had other long runs planned earlier in training plan, but snow, ice, sleet, locusts, meteors, etc. had me truncate them to lesser miles.  I kept the pace a nice easy pace since this is my first really long run this year.  Overall time was 2:38:15 for the run so about 8:45 pace.

Enjoy the weekend folks.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Gorgeous spring weather here in Pullman, WA where I am having a lot of fun visiting with my son Daniel during his university's "mom's weekend". We had a great dinner at a Japanese restaurant last night as a kick off and today we have a day full of activities ahead of us, including a 3k race that we are entering together. I am smiling big, of course!

I know exactly what you mean mari.

Except for the 3k part they didn't have in those days,

I could have written the same sentence wnen I got to do it over there in opposite land with DD.

Graduation day is even better.

Great start to the month so far but 11 perfect days of tapering

are about to get ruined by a Twelfth-Man Seahawks 12K tomorrow. oh well.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

sounds like a great weekend Posai!!

TW - more smiling I'm sure too!!

Pfriese - you're amazing -- cant imagine 11 miles so soon after a marathon!

Ribs - no more wound licking!!

Starr - nice run - enjoy your time one the dock with Mr Starr!

C-R - sweet marathon!!

Holly - you probably need more down time after your marathon - It's much easier running later in the day if you've made plans to meet someone

ShadowRunner - strong 18 miles!!

Tet - enjoy your non-taper day tomorrow!!

My day started with 6.8 miles around 6:15 this morning -- started with an easy mile, then 3 tempoish miles and 2+ easy .... lots of stretching and foam rolling then off to packet stuffing for the marathon bags!!  Love doing this -- they added an extra shift last night because of the added runners this year and between the first two shifts we had about 14,000 bags done!!  Included in the runners bag is a clear bag this year for gear runners want to leave at Boston Common to pick up after the race.  9 more days!!

denise

Tramps

I'm with Holly on the need to run first thing in the morning, otherwise the day gets away from me.

And I'm with everyone else having a gorgeous Spring day--almost summer-like here, really.

Out for 5 this morning.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mariposai

Happy mama reporting. Daniel and I took first place as mom-son pair. I was the first woman finisher  and 5th OA. We received some nice gift certificates for dining at a very nice restaurant and a bakery. Off to have some more fun.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Yeah Mari!!!  What a great thing for you and your son!  Congrats, and such a nice prize too!

C-R. impressive marathon even with nature calling.

I did 13.1 miles at the Bridle Trails.  I am not really running enough during the week to do a long run like that, but I have to make sure I can do this for Ave. of the Giants.  It's almost sure to be a PW for me, but I don't care.

My feet really were killing me the last mile.  See, not enough running.

Date #3 with Door#15 tomorrow morning.  It's been very spring-like in my heart these days!  No, he's not a runner, but fit and was a fast track runner in HS. So maybe I can work on him to take it up again. 

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

enkephalin wow a third date!  Sounds promising.

I ran 16 today.  Tomorrow I run race support for my DW who is doing the More HM in NYC.  We depart from a friend's house at 6am.  Oh joy!  Post race it is off to the airport to catch a flight to Austin.  The weather starts with highs in the upper 60's and graduates to the low 80's while I am out there.  My bag has half my summer wardrobe in it.  Then again it has my summer wardrobe!    My season returns!  Well, at least down there.  Here it is still a bit cool.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

My season returns! 

+1

Mari - well done!

Enke - details?

I had a lovely time this afternoon at the driving range, then chipping and putting with DD.  Windy, but the temp was 74 degrees!  Our golf league starts in 2 weeks, plus I plan to play a lot more with DD this summer.  At 11, she's already pretty good, with a beautiful swing.  I have my hopes on a golf scholarship for this one....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."