Masters Running

February Boomer-Masters Miles (Read 766 times)

I was feeling really good about my month until I read the mileage you early posters have run... Wow! Surprised Any hoo, I have put in 85.7 in Feb. which is 23.1 MORE miles than January, so I'm happy! Big grin First 1/2 marathon in 2 years is coming up on the 15th, and I think I'm almost ready. Thanks Wildchild for starting this and for the great picture.

Head Procrastinator

Thanks WC! 40.3 for me, had a rare race and felt kind of sproinky for about a week after. Was not able to bike this month, hoping March brings some nice weekend days to join my club for some rides. Barb
      ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
        94.5 miles this February, not too bad I guess since I missed 5 days sick and shortened runs 2 others because of the recovery. The weather was real bad also so did a couple extra days on the treadmill and they usually end up being 3 or 4 miles instead of 5 or 6 outside. My half is 9 weeks away so the time off won't hurt. March ahead everyone and have some great runs!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

February: 194.7 Miles - hey, I got more miles than WRFB! Evil grin 2008 Distance: 358.7 Miles My 2008 Goal was to average 200 miles per month. So far, due to illnesses and such I'm behind that goal. Though it really isn't important that I achieve that one. I put it out there just for motivation really. March will be a big month in my training plan, but due to a ski vacation coming up March will be short of 200 miles too, most likely. Dtoce is helping me train for Eugene and I have to give him a BIG shout out here "Thanks!". He has me running a bunch of fast finish MLR's and such that hopefully will help me to improve. Smile Bill PS: WildChild, I'll cover for you with this Thread for next month. But make sure you come back for the April edition and don't leave me hanging. Wink (I hope no one expects me to do the great job that you've been doing.)

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

I am impressed by the miles run by everyone. Good to be in the company of such motivated people, the inspiration helps us all. As someone I know once stated "Never underestimate the power of peer pressure." So true. For me 70.3 miles this month, but I take heart because I couldn't run until the 10th. Not a PR month but a good one all the same. Any mileage forward gets me one step closer to my first marathon. Wishing a healthy March to everyone.
              Wildchild - thanks for carrying on the Tramps tradition!! The picture is wonderful - thanks again! 137.3 miles for me - I took several days off from running this month. I seem to be getting back into the strength training groove. I've been doing 3 days/week of core/weights and 2 days/week of yoga for the whole month, and I can feel the difference. I'm hoping that this will become a habit and I won't slack off when the weather improves.

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Hey, why not post it: one single mile for me in February! An all-time low since I started running again almost 10 years ago. Angry

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

February: 194.7 Miles - hey, I got more miles than WRFB! Evil grin 2008 Distance: 358.7 Miles
                  Well, this month you did. Smile (not that it's a competition)
                  194.5 miles in February 369 miles YTD
                  Please be careful on the 200/month thing -- sometimes the miles become more important than the health. I know because I pushed it at the end of last year, and while I was only sidelined for a week after that, I think I was lucky.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

huskydon

Thanks Wildchild! Yes, many impressive mileage totals considering the weather in different parts of the country. For me, 97.8 miles in Feb, compared to 98.2 miles in Jan. Steady solid unspectacular running for several months now, hope it will result in some fast races very shortly (like tomorrow!). Best of luck to all of you!! huskydon
                      Thanks Wildchild... Feb-172 miles YTD- 290 miles
                      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                      SteveP

February, 2008: 74.4 Mi Feb brought a snow shoe race..Sweet. There has been a new PR world record in Grandson spoiling.

SteveP

Thank you wildchild. Loved the picture! February was a good solid month, carefully balanced between caution and challenge. If I can get through March without any last-minute injuries, Boston will become a reality. February: 173.5 2008: 363.4

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Renee the dog

72 mi. for me. I'll take it. It has been since Sept. since I had a full night's sleep more than once a week. There's a reason to have kids in your 20s & 30s...dealing with a poorly sleeping baby at 43 has been teaching me how old I am. Surprised But, I've been on an upward trend since this whole sleep disruption started...from 12 mi in Sept. to 72 now. I love reading about everyone's impressive totals. It gives me hope for the future.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

The Jogger

Thanks Wildchild Feb I did 95 miles but this should increase in March if all goes well as I start my 12 week program set out by my work colleague. Thanks Roy

jules2

Steady 73 miles this month plus 236 on the bike, year so far 174 running, 481 cycling, quite happy with that as I haven't got the time to run more miles so I go for quality. I only ran about 420 miles all last year and seriously thought I would'nt race again so the miles ran so far this year and the 32.40 5 miler last weekend are quite a boost to my morale. fussyrunner you have my first half for a year on the same day as me, good luck.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.