Masters Running

February Boomer-Masters Miles (Read 766 times)

It is amazing to see how many people are here at the Masters Running group! I am trying to get in shape to PR at Boston. So far things look dicey on that front but I am not done yet! February miles: 303 YTD: 572 I am staying well ahead of that pace bunny which oddly makes me pretty happy!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Feb - 247 YTD - 470 8k PR - 31:25 Turned 62 this month
      Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
        92.1 miles in February for FLKJR No racing or PR's but looking forward to the beginning of race season the end of this month. New Bedford 1/2 and a few local 5k's in March to kick off the season. Can't wait! Feeling slow and logy lately...hope it's just the winter blah's. Fran
        Henrun

Thanks Wild Child. february was not only a short month but also vacation time (and a month of sore knees). Therefore, only henrun will enter total miles. henrun: 72. 4 Marj - less than 2 weeks of running and ignoring Tramps motto - a mile is a terrible thing to waste!
            Good running to all! 106 beautiful miles for me for the month of Feb. 2008.
            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
            Teresadfp

One day at a time

88.7 miles in February for me - another PR. Would have been a few more, except for our ski trip to Vermont. There were NO good roads to run on - all very winding, narrow, and ice-covered. I also went to 6 integrated strength training classes at the Y. Total for the year: 167.7 miles. I'm barely ahead of the 1000-mile bunny! And today's 7.5 mile run, the farthest I've ever run, didn't seem that hard. Running rules! Big grin Big grin Big grin

Ultrachick

February was a good month for me- 198 miles - had I been paying closer attention I would have squeeked in 2 more! 376 for the year so far-I don't know by how much but I'm sure I'm RunningAhead of last year!! (sorry-couldn't resist) Big grin I'm looking forward to some good spring skiing, getting ready for Boston and beyond and today starts the two week countdown to turning 40! Kelly
                If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
                  My running has often suffered during the cold winter months just because I do NOT like winter weather and trying to run in it. Therefore mileage has always been sparse during January and February. My plan this year was to "beef" up miles in this window of time. February was an all time high for me for that particular month......78.4 miles January was an all time high for me for that particular month.......88.76 miles. Therefore, be it decreed on this day of March 2008 that I now have 167.16 miles for the year and am leading the 1,000 mile pace bunny. Thanks for this thread.
                  Vista
                  bap

Thanks for starting this thread. Just 77 in February Average pace: 9:16 Average heart-rate 130 (72% of max)

Certified Running Coach
                    Crocked since 2013

Tramps

I plugged away with 154 miles this month. With no Spring marathon, I'm still getting used to (and enjoying) a lot of casual, play-it-by-ear running. Thanks for doing the thread. It's great to read a summary of what folks are up to. Oops, forgot I had an automatic PR back on Feb 2 for my first-ever 4-miler @ 28:14. Big grin

Be safe. Be kind.

wildchild

Carolyn

I ran 108.3 miles in February. Almost my second best month after January but not quite - October 2007 was 108.4 miles. Still, my 6th month in a row over 100 miles. I expect March will be less, though, since we'll be away in Japan for 2 weeks. I'll take running stuff, but typically I don't run as much as usual on family vacations, and we'll be walking a ton. Thank you to Breger Bill for taking over the boomer miles next month. For those who liked the picture - it's not one of mine, I got it from the National Park Service website. It's Palisade Lakes Trail in Mt. Ranier Nat. Park. I'm finishing up the final tallies but waiting for some weekend warriors and relayers to get home and post their totals.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Late posting, just back from AZ.. February 2008: 250.3 miles @ 8:45 pace average Year to date: 490.7 mi @ 8:49 average pace 20K PR at 1:34:16 1st place AG 55-59 Fun month!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

HermosaBoy

Another month down -- first one post surgery. Not too shabby... February: 221.4 Mi

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

I am pleased to say I did 169kms which is just over 105 miles, in spite of adverse weather and losing a couple of days to stomach flu. Also did a new longest run of 28.4 kms about 17.5 miles, and ran a pb for 21.1kms, (I assume I don't need to convert THAT distance!) Congratulations to all who met their targets! Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

71.3 miles for me in Feb. I took a few days off at the end of the month to rest my AT. Thanks for doing this, WC, and I love the beautiful photo! Jem