Masters Running

Welcome Ultra-Maniac no. 985 Francesca's incredible qualifying ultras in two weeks (Read 281 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Two ultras in two weeks for 51 miles the 5/17 Redmond Watershed 12 Hour Challenge and 62.2 miles in last week's 20th Century 100K. Most MM's do qualify with three marathons in three months (78.6 miles) and those who enter via the two-in-two weeks route are usually 52.4 miles for two consecutive marathons. It's very few (maybe just you, I think) who have qualified with 113.3 miles in 13 days (plus the first one being part of an 80mile plus running week). All these years seeing you in various 5 and 10K's and the couple of halfs, I knew you had run one marathon back in 2005 (Vancover International Marathon - me too) but, I sorry to say I thought you were just teasing when you mentioned in one of the 5K's earlier this year about the 100K Passatore you saw in your hometown in Italy and thought you would do one too. You sure did. bravissimo utra-maniac goddess francesca now go check with ultra goddess arf about what's after 100k! -Big grinBig grinBig grin http://mm.littlemarathon.com/ScoreCard.asp

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

wildchild

Carolyn

Wow, way to go MM985! You deserve the title "Maniac" - wear it proudly! Big grin

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

GreenMan

Frantastic, Congratulations! MM911 jjj
        Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
        arf

MM #405

YAY Francesca!!!! Congrats on joining the looney bin!!! I hope I get to meet you someday real soon! Big grin arf....MM # 405 ...and I'm sure you already know what distance we all have to conquer now Wink
          Mariposai

I bow to you MM 405 You are amazing. I hope to meet you one of this days to help you celebrate this achievement.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

whoops, I just eta'ed the subject line as franc59 is MM#985 ======== aamos - 130 tetsujin - 209 arf - 405 divechief - 505 pfriese - 747 jjj - 911 holly - 975 francesca - 985 etc.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Wow! Great job! Tet - I'm #957. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave59

I'm lounging at my desk, scratching my head, and wondering why you maniacs seem so happy that people know how crazy you all are. Big grin Ummm, congratulations, I guess. Clowning around

huskydon

Congratulations to francesca! 113 miles is more than I run in a whole month! huskydon
                      Welcome MM #985 Gino MM #970 (also joined recently, but qualifying criteria - almost 30 years ago...)

Maniac 505

985: Welcome to the asylum. congrats on the accomplishment Tet has said so much about you, I already feel like I know you. I so look forward to whenever we finally get to meet at an event Dave (MM 505)
                          Us ordinary mortals find this hard to comprehend but are awed by all the marathon maniacs. Congratulations, Franc. TomS
                            That is simply amazing, Francesca!!! Back to back weeks of 50+ mile ultras?!?!? I'm in awe...... Congrats on the Maniac status!! John