Masters Running

Thoisday, 12.3.15 (Read 29 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' (still) everyone.

I'm just popping in to get this started today.

I think I may have overdone it on my workout yesterday, so I took it nice and easy over 4+ miles this morning. It was dang foggy out, and I might have seen better without my headlamp, but I wouldn't have been seen as well, so I kept it on, despite the fact that I was passed by only 1 car along the way. I thought I was going to have a relatively quiet day today, so I got myself onto the agenda of a 6pm meeting: I want to see if an existing non-profit will serve as the fiscal agent of our fledging (not registered as a 501c3) group so we can apply for and accept grants to help fund local research projects. Fun, eh?

Have a greta Thoisday!

Ja

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Mornin' (still) everyone.

I took it nice and easy over 4+ miles this morning. It was dang foggy out, and I might have seen better without my headlamp, 

hey jay.  with nothing about the next couple of days looking that quiet out here, my nice-and-easy this morning was the acustomed five mile walk commute in hooded rain coat, reflective bike vest, headlamp and red blinkie in back (do you have one?).  Don't want to admit it but, even at 49-degrees, nice, warm gloves too plus nice, warm Japanese runpopo jikatabi shoes.  Hope the rain and colds aren't still keeping everyone else in, . . . or from posting..  .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!  We're supposed to get some rain, and it's cloudy.....is that woeful enough??  Just an easy 10K for me this morning, and no Speedsters tonight.   I'm supposed to try and run with someone in a local marathon on the 13th; she's trying to BQ and so I am trying to go light until then.  This, I find, is challenging.

There should be more summer marathons.  That is all I have today.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Well, we're having nasty, nasty, nasty weather here.  Massive winds, pouring rain.  For some reason the cats were loath to venture outside.

I must say that I'm highly disappointed that 2Kitty is not the rebel we supposed him to be.

Posie Lady - Safe travels to you and the Easy Pacer.

Anybody seen Ribs lately?

Anybody seen Dave lately?

Deez - My YTD is disappointing, as well, as life threw me a few curve balls.  Oh well.  Hoping 2016 is a better year!

I did 40 min of stat biking with 5 x 1 min progressively harder "strides," followed by about 30 min of core/ST - mostly glutes, hips, core, and balancing.

Our department secretary, who would through three months of chemo this past year, is going in for a PET scan this morning - on her birthday - as a follow up.  Praying she gets the gift of "All Clear."

Have a wonderful day, friends ~

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

...it's 'cause you were GOING TOO FAST jay////

'nuff said

===============

......25-min NordicTrakSkier (I LURVE this thing)

and

40-min PoolRun,,,,,,,,,,with running in shallows

...................good running guys

ps-mikeE//........just pace yourself, Plenty of Time before the DW gets back.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Only on a forum like this could someone ever type the phrase "There should be more summer marathons" and mean it!  Worse yet, I agree! 

Ran 14 today. Fortunately company called on my headset so I had someone to talk to for the final 4 or 5 miles. What a difference that makes! Really speeds up the trek. Anyone want to call me while I run 20 this Saturday?

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Thinking I should drop out of the FA challenge - I just don't feel like getting out there even for a measly mile!! rying to go to work tomorrow and next week I work 3 12's in a row - really don't think I am going to feel like running after those shifts!! 

denise

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

On the running slower in the fog subject--that would be me, too.  Same 3.8 miles around the lake, just took some extra time and what felt like extra effort at that.  Even had my headlamp on--made for an interesting cone of light in the fog.  Back to shorts in 48°.  Not normal Dec. weather.

The 1000 mile pace bunny has long left me in the dust.  Don't think it's very likely that i'll even hit 800 miles this year.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

C-R

Nyuk, nyuk nyuk. Love the 3 Stooges ref.

I love my headlamp but I rely on my knuckle light even more.

Got another 10k at lunch. Getting into a groove I hope.

Summer marathons? Nope. No thanks. I prefer the colder weather runs. No rain please but colder weather.

Well back at the rfps.

Cheers all.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Nice long runs for Mike and Twocat.

This morning, it was in the low 30s and there was a light wind.  I did 3 miles at an 11:02 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

The 1000 mile pace bunny has long left me in the dust.  Don't think it's very likely that i'll even hit 800 miles this year.

That makes two of us, Stumpy.  Wish my time on the stationary bike counted (which right now is at 33 hrs).

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

moebo

C-R, I'm with you. I don't know how much fun I'd have running a marathon in the summer--I really don't do well in heat and humidity.

Twocat, your advice about ordering lots of different shoes and sending them back if they don't work out is genius! I will make that one of my projects for the new year.

Mariposai, you must be so glad to have your son back! What was his job with the Peace Corps in Macedonia?

5 miles for me this morning. I also had shorts weather, felt weird but great.

Mariposai

I hope I can sleep tonight.  Tomorrow I will welcome my son David back to the USA. He spent a very successful tour with Peace Corps Macedonia.  He assisted various nonprofit organizations to train staff and capacity building.  While we were there his national counterparts sang accolades about his work. We are very proud of our second generation Peace Corps volunteer.

Ohh, running report,  8 miles on heavy snowing wearher most of them with my RP plus over an hour of snow shoveling for my driveway and my elderly neighbor's driveway.  Hard work,  but a great way to serve others.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Good for you for running in new snow, Mariposai. I really don't like that at all. Too much stumbling and slipping around. Maybe it's our snow that doesn't pack well and shifts under your feet, like running on cornstarch. I hate it

Summer marathons? Great! Just come north! The Mayor's Marathon in June in Anchorage offers most of the same amenities you'd find at any medium city marathon, and the views are awesome with hardly any heat and NO humidity. Really!

My headlamp is bugging me... digs into my forehead, leaving a red mark when I take it off. Had to stop for a couple of adjustments tonight, but other than that it was a good run. Last night was the first foray onto the new bikepath in the winter, and it was plowed right down to the pavement/dirt. Loved it! This is going to make a big difference in winter running from work, that's for sure. So... 7.3 last night, and 5.4 tonight. Heading to San Francisco tomorrow morning really early so not sure about a Friday run, but looking forward to running on the waterfront on Saturday!

Marathon Maniac #957

Mariposai - I am so excited for you to have David home! And 8 miles in the snow is like 14 miles on dry pavement, in my opinion....

No run for me on Thursday, just 40 minutes or so of P90X Core Synergistics.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."