Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 9.10.14 (Read 38 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Congrats, Steve! I'm glad to know that Mom and Jude Robert Thorman are both doing well - cute kid with a great, expressive face!

Marj, I hope DD and Henry will both be OK.

Yesterday afternoon I discovered that we have a major crisis with our late Oct. 5K. I didn't get much sleep last night. It was too late to do much to deal with the issue yesterday, so I will be focused on finding ways to resolve the crisis today, and for as long as it takes. Everything was going pretty well up to this point... No workout today.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Dave59

I hope you get your race crisis figured out Jay.

I was up at 4:20 to help Cindy catch an early flight.  She is headed to Tallahassee.

Then I ran a very plodding 6.42 miles.  I am always a little tired the day after the hill workout. 

Cindy got out a suitcase last night to start packing and the cats started getting weird.  I don't think they like being left alone when we travel. I carried Cindy's bag out to the car and when I came in they were both sitting near the door and looking at it.  It took a few minutes for it to sink in that I wasn't going anywhere and they returned to their normal irritating selves.  When they aren't sleeping, they spend the day jumping on my desk and trying to jump on my lap.

2 and a half weeks of bachelorhood for me!  (Then I leave for Florida to take over as the helper.)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Marj--best wishes to DD.  Hope they figure it out quick.

Jay--at least you'll have 2 days with a bunch of experienced racers (and me) to help you work it out. 

4 naked miles (the Garmin is already packed) as a shakeout for the relay.  No real idea of how fast, but I was thinking that my first leg is only a little longer than that, so I should be fine.  I just looked at TC's anticipated running times spread sheet and it won't be until somewhere around 8pm on Friday, with #2 at 8am on Saturday.  I'm sure that means I'll get a good nights sleep in between

Dave--I've been cat sitting while DW and DD take a short vacation in Vegas.  My duty is not too tough--leave enough food to get her through the day and then get pestered for more until bedtime.  She's actually been better than normal about needing food at 5am.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Slo

Soggy soggy night...I was up at 2am unplugging clogged gutters because laying in bed and listening to them spill over was driveing me nuts.

Another morining of 0 miles.

Congrats Steve! Great photos of the new arrival !

I'm RD'ing a small 5k race for the local chapter of the American Red Cross. It's been a very fun and I have a great group on the committee. Our race isn't until November but I'm already excited about it. Hope everything works out Jay!

Another morining of 0 miles.

...yes, but at least you're logging it in.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

TammyinGP

good morning!!

Congrats on Baby Jude!

Marj, keep us posted on your daughter. my thoughts are with you all.

no running yesterday - long day at work, then a board meeting.

David has pre-districts today. It doesn't mean anything really but just getting familiar with the course for Districts. It's a very challenging course and won't be a PR course. It's very hilly with several sharp turns. It's about a 2 hr bus drive away, so very long day for him. He won't be back in town until 8-8:30 pm.

I might try and get in a run later but am meeting up with some friends after work to celebrate a birthday and then plan to head over to the track and run until David gets back in town from his meet. The running will depend on how many drinks I have I suppose.

Tammy

Sayhey! MM#130

...yes, but at least you're logging it in.....

LOL, tw.   (Maybe 'cuz I work in a large bureaucracy, where you might just get this sort of praise...straightfaced.)

Um stumpy, I think y'all are down a team member, so you might could be called upon for an earlier leg.  Be prepared!  You too, Deez.  After delivering beau coup babies and saving a life, you're ready for whatever TC tosses at you, I'm sure.

Love Batpa.  Say, what does Tag think?  Is he a Granddog?  I mean, we know he's a grand dog, so why not?

Good luck at the vet, Leslie.

Thanks for the insight and sympathy, Erika.   I think you're right to question the 3 year booster.  Sad for Abby, too.  MAkes me think about trying to brush their teeth, but really??  I do clip their claws, but the teeth brushing would end up like so many "best laid plans" I fear.

Hope you get the medical mysteries resoved, marj and henrun.  You know we're with you.

Oh, reference to red dress is b/c Hahs House Harriers have a red dress run tradition (not a member, but friends are).  My new one is printed, brown design.  I was going to take it to DC to wear to Middle School on Monday (I'm going along with my college roomie to her school for the day; she is a science teacher) but it's rather heavy.

Sayhey wild, looking at snow tomorrow??  My old hometown is!  Rapid's due for 1.5 inches, some surrounding towns for 3 or 4!!

Good luck and best wishes on that 5K crisis, Jay.

Dave, I learned I have to pack in secret; when I was packing earlier this year, one of our two beloved felines peed on the bed to let us know she wasn't on board with the trip.  I'm hoping the new catsitter we found will help; she seems very interactive and warm.

We did 400s last night, which I find tough.  I don't reset my watch (I did stop it for the 90 second braks between each 400) so I just have my total time with the warm up and cool down miles.  The 3 miles that included the 12 400s were all in the 6:30 zone.  I think I'm supposed to do them faster, but that's quite ok.

It's cooler here; 80s last night and 70s this am, with a little breeze even.  Did 8 this morning at overall 8:38 pace, first couple of miles were 9s, last 3 were under 8:20.  That moon was something special; so glad I was out there!

Happy Hump Day,

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

King of PhotoShop

Dave, when I haul out my suitcase to go on the road, my dog Lucy goes berserk, running around the house, sniffing at the suitcase and trying to jump up on me.  But she is the happiest one to greet me when I come home.

Sorry about your race logistics problem Jay and hope that gets resolved.

SLO, you have way too much energy.

5.5 solo today as the Saint works early on Wednesdays and could not join me. I'm still tired from that doggone race Saturday.  Spareribs

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

4 naked miles

And I thought Tet was pushing the envelope with his thongs.

Schedule calls for 9 tempo miles today.  Probably try it on the TM while PBJ Jr. is at boy scouts tonight.  Just enough time...

Marathon Maniac #957

And I thought Tet was pushing the envelope with his thongs.

When I packed a suitcase on Saturday morning and took it downstairs, the dogs got very excited.  I don't know if they were trying to keep me home ore thinking they were coming along, but as soon as I opened the door to the garage, they both squirmed through the opening and jumped right into the car through the open door (DD had opened it for me).  It took some coaxing to get them back in the house...

4 easy-paced miles for me today.

Good luck to the Reach the Beachers!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Henrun

Coming out of lurkerdom for an update on our travails. Good news all around.

Marj is on her way up to NH to see DD. DD has texted me that she's going home from the hospital tomorrow. I'll get a further update once Marj sees her.

I had an MRI this am. It revealed several micro tears in the upper part of my Achilles and the doc said there's little chance of a tendon tear unless I do sprints or play volleyball, tennis, or basketball (highly unlikely!!). He also said I can return to "jogging" on flat surfaces. That was enough to get me out of my funk.

Yay, Henrun!!  Lots of good news for you and your family.

Erika - Our vet had us stop giving Fats his shots around 16-17.  He was mostly indoor by that time, and the vet said he'd more than likely built up all the immunity he needed.  Sorry to hear things are still iffy with Abby.  Bad teeth were one of the deciding factors in us letting Fats go at age 19.5.

Holly - Cute about your pups.

Jay - Your race has become a one way as opposed to an out and back, right?  Hope you're able to get the transportation of the runners figured out without too many issues.  For one of our annual races, they uses buses from the local school district.  I have no idea what the cost/insurance is with that.

Dave - Our cat, Goofy, is my computer room buddy.  He recently decided he likes to sit behind the monitor while I'm working.  Crazy cat.

6 miles this a.m. with 20 min of hill repeats in the middle.  The legs started out fairly sproinky, but by the time I got to the hill repeats, they were like "Say what??"   And a special shout out to the guy at the Patriot Gas Station who let me use the bathroom even though he wasn't open yet.  He's my hero for today.

Speaking of Goofy, had to take him to the vet this a.m. with Wilson.  He hasn't eaten in two days and puked up green bile this morning.  This is the second time in the last two months this has happened.  We paid a boat load of $$ the first round for blood work that showed nothing but a healthy cat.  I think he may just be one of those that when his stomach takes even the smallest turn, that's it.  Last time they gave him fluids and a shot with some anti-nausea medicine and he perked right up.  Hope that happens this time, too.

Wilson was an unhappy camper about not getting any food, but he wasn't as huge a pest as I anticipated. I managed to coax him back under the covers at 3:00 a.m. after everyone else ate and went outside.  He seemed to sleep great.  Me, on the other hand . . . . oh well.  Such is life ~

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

All this talk about pets getting excited when you pull out your suitcases for business trips/vacations is making me sad. My goldfish, "John Doe" never shows any emotion at all. Maybe he just doesn't care about me.

Good news about Marj's DD going home from the hospital Henry. I hope she's feeling better and they can figure out what's causing her symptoms. And glad your MRI didn't show any major problems. Now go run!

Still need a picture of you in your new red dress, Amy

You are a great cat lady Leslie. Putting their needs ahead of your sleep. Oh wait. If they don't get what they want, nobody sleeps, right?!

6 miles on the elliptical this morning followed with 30 minutes of weights and core, and I got up close and personal with the foam roller trying to stretch out my sore, achy quad muscles. And - since today was the deadline for getting a half price discount, I signed up for next year's Tough Mudder. Second one should be a breeze, right?!

Good luck to all of the Reach the Beacher's!

...just razzin' ya Slo//..........somedays TheMagic just isn't happening.......

when I forgot BOTH wgt sessions yesterday....

===========

...but I digress......

........34-min HH RCWalking

34mprnb

deo

HotBath

TENS treatment

,,,,,,,,,,,,,kinda like Nirvana with Batteries,,,,,,,,,

..................good running guys.............Run With What You Got........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Slo

I hear ya TW

I love how pets can get excited by certain sights, sounds and words.

We have a list of words that shall not be said around the dog unless you actually mean it.