Masters Running

Freaky Friday - May 22 (Read 30 times)

First and foremost - THANK YOU to those of you who served and continue to serve in the military and those families and friends whose loved on paid the ultimate sacrifice. I realize Memorial Day is Monday, but considering how little I get in here these days, I wanted to put that front and center today.

And if I'm starting the thread, it is freaky, indeed.

Holly - Thanks for the link.  I'll check that out.  Starting a letter with "I'm not a biter . . . "  Hmmm . . . .

No workout for me.  Bonkos was last night, so I didn't get to bed until around 10:30, which is WAY past my regular bedtime.  This morning when the alarm went off at 5:00 there was just no way I was dragging myself out of bed.  When I finally did at 6:45, I had that whole foggy, cotton-headed feeling, like I'd been drinking the night before, but no hangover headache.  It's now 2 hours later, I've had some coffee and food, and I still feel like I'm not quite there.  This could be the start of a very long day . . . . .

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

well, I haven't been getting here much these days either and lately when I do pop in there are already so many posts on the daily that I find if I can't comment on certain things (because I haven't had the time lately to keep up on things), then I just don't post  . . . 

today we are closing up the office at 3 pm for the long wknd, so i'll head out to David's school since he gets out at 3:15 and he and I will get in a short run. Tomorrow morning we are running a 5 mile trail run together. . . okay, i not literally together, but I will see him on the "back" portion, as I"m still going "out". . .  We've never run this one before but because it's part of our So. Or. Trail Running Series, that you get points for, David is insisting. He's currently in 1st place for both Runner of the Year and Trail Runner of the Year, and he'll do everything he can to keep it that way 

Special thanks to all those that have served or have family members serving. My dad served in the AF in the 60's. Won't see my dad at all this wknd though as he's driving back to MN to help my brother pack up all this schtuff and move to Oregon. They should be back here in Oregon by the end of next week sometime - just taking their time heading back and making a fun road trip of it.

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

Tammy...can I adopt David?

Marathon Maniac #957

Tammy - no one expects you to respond to each and every post - everyone here totally understand that we are busy people.  We still like to hear from you, even if it is short.

I typed a long post but then my computer froze and I lost it.  So, I will keep this short.

5 easy-paced miles for me this morning in 43 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

Well, I survived  my first full week in my new job.  My brain hurts, but a happy type of hurt.

Speaking of happy, my son Daniel is home for the weekend. I am so happy.

Where is Tramps?

Well, knowing that is was going to be  89 in the afternoon, I decided to get up and run in the early morning.  8 miles with my rocking running buddy, who joined me for the tun as a surprise.  Smiles miles!.

Happy racing to all. And enjoy the  long weekend.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I really do know how Tammy feels about posting.  Sometimes I feel like all I do is talk about me and all my stuff.  I really do care about what everybody else is doing.  And Tammy had better keep posting...I want to hear how that kid of hers is doing.

I went for 10.2 miles in 1:16:44, tonight.  Tomorrow will be spent at the new house...

...Okay...the new house.  The new house is, actually, Debbie's grandmother's old house.  Debbie's grandparents bought it when Debbie was a year or two old...Debbie loved her grandmother and she loves that house.  Grandma left all of her things, including the house, to be divided between her 4 kids and Debbie.  But before she died, she asked Debbie to, please, buy her house.  Well...two years later...after dealing with lawyers from the different kids...we bought the house.  We are renting it out to Eric and a couple of our grandkids.  The house needs a ton of work.  We just paid $5200 for some plumbing work....which left some dry walling and flooring work to be done...so, that's what I'll be doing this weekend.  Next we tackle the wiring.  Boy, is this going to be fun.  I sure hope Grandma is happy. 

Okay--that's it--gotta go.  See ya!

Oh, crap!  I did it again...all about me...

TammyinGP

that's a great story Mike. When my paternal grandmother died, my cousin bought her house (in Princeton) and they lived in it for quite a few years before selling and moving to Waconia, but it was nice that it was kept in the family for awhile. I'm glad you guys have Debbie's grandma's house and sounds like it's a good arrangement to have Eric stay there too.

oh, one more thing about David (since he's really what is most exciting in my life right now! lol ).  He was made the Treasurer of the Josephine County Foundation, which is a community non-profit that is an extension of his FBLA program in school, except it's like a step up from the HS level of FBLA because there are some local philanthropists that are a part of it and other esteemed business people in the community. He will make some very good connections through this position.

okay, that's all . going to go watch Count of Monte Cristo with the family now. David just finished the book for his Honors English class so now we can watch the movie that we've had on the DVR for a few months waiting for him to finish.

Tammy

Knowing there are kids like David out there give me hope for my old age.

Mike - As an estate planning, probate, and trust administration paralegal, the scenario in which you found yourselves is very familiar.  I find family dynamics in these situations fascinating.  People who think estate planning, etc., is a boring part of law have no idea.  I think it's cool, though, that you guys were able to buy the house.  Hope it all works out for you. 

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Well, count me in as one who can't always comment on all the other posts. I try to remember most but usually can only comment on the ones at the top of my head. What can I say, my hard drive is full!

Love to hear about David though, and I agree with Leslie. I know there are a lot of kids out there like David who will be great leaders in the future. Ribs' son Hudson is another. There are so many, doing so many cool and meaningful things, it really will be ok.

Took today off but spent most of it doing errands and shopping. That's ok, I love having time to do this sort of stuff and not worry about running out of weekend. I also got my usual Saturday medium long run (MLR for those into acronyms) done, with 10.5 miles at just under 8:10 avg. Felt pretty good too, even though it was very warm (for us, 78°Wink and there was barely any breeze. The plan was to get the MLR done today so tomorrow (when we're expecting record breaking heat) would be just a shorter easy run, like 5 miles or so. Then I have the whole day to work in the yard and garden. If I can get an early enough start, that will be perfect!

Lamb burgers on the grill tonight, along with grilled peppers and all the fixins for the burgers. Yum. That hit the spot!