Masters Running

4.8.13 Monday's Daily (Read 46 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Tammy, I also wanted to tell you how great those photos of David are: What intensity and focus on his face on the track! And seeing him hanging in midair in the long jump is amazing. Both shots are definitely keepers!

Janie b good - everyone is right, you just have to be patient and work your way back up. It'll happen.

Nice long ones, Opie, Stumpy, and Mike! Stumpy, nice work with the cake too.

Feel better, OM. Recovery naps can do wonderful things, and I hope yours did.

Nice job in the windy and warm half yesterday, Holly, with some extra miles tacked on for good measure.

Marj, I did the Cohasset 10K a bunch of years ago, and still remember that beautiful course. Congrats to you and Henrun on your 2nd place AG hardware!

Amazing effort in your first half Ironman, PFriese!! nothing like just jumping in with both feet, eh?

SRD for me today, so I got nothing.

Have a momentous Monday!

Jay

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning Jay, and all to follow.

No run for me today, just a light weights and core workout.

Enjoy the day!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Good morning Jay and all to follow. Even though today was a rest day, I'll bet you were still up at 4:00 AM, right? Wink

Some awesome racing yesterday. Congrats Paul, Marj, Henry, Carolyn and Mariposai.  You guys keep me always striving to get better.

Speaking of getting better, hope you're on the mend Esther.

Janie - I feel your pain. I was never fast but could average a good 9 minute mile. Since my back injury in January, I'm lucky to break 10:00. But I'm not complaining because I'm running!

Good luck with that job inteview Mike.

Where has SteveP been? And TomW, if you're lurking please let us know how you're doing.

Managed 6.5 miles yesterday, probably only 4 of that was running. But we had decent weather for the first time in ages and I had to take advantage of it. Today back to the ARC trainer, weights and core at the Y. My DS, DIL and the boys are moving this Thursday. Will head over to their old house after work today to help them clean cupboards and stuff.

Have a great Monday, and go Michigan/Louisville (you fill in the blank Smile)

Nice to see some real RR around here again.  Seems like they've been scarce lately.

Spring Summer is here as we're heading to the mid-80s today and warmer still tomorrow.  What a change.

I slogged through a very warm 6-miler.

King of PhotoShop

Teeth cleaning in the early morning, then short run of 2.9 with my RP. Now a full day of writing work ahead of me.

I picked up a new client:  Jersey Mike's, the submarine shop.  Maybe I'll ask to be paid in subs.  I am crazy about them.

Tomorrow I leave for work the rest of the week in Orlando, FL and then Pittsburgh, PA.  Busy week before Boston.  Spareribs

Congratulations Paul on your Ironman Tri!! Wow - that's very impressive!

I still have to read Mari's RR but a huge congrats to you also! I know it'll be a RR I want to read and savor every word of, so I need to do that when my attention can be undivided.

Thanks for the comments on my sons pics from the other day. He is a very determined and focused athlete - no matter what sport he is playing.  I'm so proud of him. Academically, he's just as impressive. He'll get his first taste of "college" later in June - he's attending a week long summer course at Southern Oregon University called "The Academy" which is geared towards the top 7th/8th graders, where they live on campus, select classes to attend, and also attend cultural events such as the Oregon Shakespheare Festival.

I might run at lunch today, depending on weather. Cold blast coming through today with off and on rain, so if it's "Off" at lunchtime, I'll run.

Tammy

King of PhotoShop

This blog post tells the story of the 1977 Boston Marathon, my first marathon ever.  How did i get to do Boston as my first?  Well, that's the story!

http://runningblog.dallasnews.com/2013/04/run-the-1977-boston-marathon-with-me.html/

Spareribs

That's a great story Ribs!

Tammy

Hi all!

Congrats on the 70.3, Paul!!

3 miles on the TM this morning before work.  It took about 2 miles before I felt the kinks had come out, but am happy to say that doing too much on Saturday didn't set off the PF again.  Yay!

Somehow, I can't seem to talk myself into going outside for these morning runs yet...... still a bit too cold and too dark.  I guess not running all winter has turned me into a bit of a wimp!

Holly, I didn't go back to look for the key, as I was a bit leery about challenging the foot too much after overdoing the run.  One of my friends is running the same route again tonight , so is going to be on the lookout for it.

ETA:  Greta story, Ribs!

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

C-R

That was great Ribs. Never figured you for a bandit alias runner but what a awesome first marathon story.

Got a little over 6.5 at lunch today. All of this outdoor running is really fun.

Great RR and pics. Wow!

Alright back to the grindstone.

MTA: Wanted to give a shout out to another master who is part of the group but doesn't post much. HStreet set a new CR for her age group for the Southern Indiana Marathon this past weekend. We lived 15 years in that town and I ran those roads many days. There are some good rolling hills and wicked wind so this was an excellent result. WTG HStreet!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Great story Ribs.

But the story about the 10th will be better.

What a great story, Ribs! You being a bandit? Unbelievable! Surprised

But then again, that was then, right?

No running today, but I did go out for an easy 3 miler yesterday afternoon.

ohhh

isn't it grand that Boston is just one week away? I decided that I will wear my butterfly wings on Boston morning to cheer on the runner Big grin!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

King of PhotoShop

I think technically a bandit just jumps into the race with no number. What i did was against the rules, but not strictly banditing I don't think.  I explained on another forum that back then this kind of thing, using someone else's number, did not carry with it the social opprobrium it does today.

But all that aside, thanks for reading it. It's getting tons of hits.  I wanted to do a bit better job on the comedic aspect of 3 or 4 times trying to catch that freaking bus only to have the cadets cheer and scream then pull away, but that part needed more work than I could give it.  It was NOT funny at the time.  Spareribs

Great story Ribs!

Sneaking out early today, quads a bit sore still from the downhill running, but looks like I will have time to run tonight.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Did go for a run, and am so glad I did.  Up to cougar mountain with the dog - so nice we have light in the evening now.  My usual 5 mile route, this time, although my legs were still a bit tired and sore from Saturday's trail run, I pushed it the last 2 miles and shocked myself with an o/a pace 35 seconds per mile faster than I've gone in 4 years.  Still 1 min/mile slower than the race I did on that route almost 5 years ago, but, that was a race, I was in terrific shape then and about 13 pounds lighter.  So I am hopeful....

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."