Masters Running

Saturday, February 7, let`s-do-two-runs-today thread (Read 418 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Unless it gets lost, sorry to start the Saturday topic so early but hoping to couple a final 5K circuit of the Imperial Palace in Tokyo in a few minutes at 9:30 am with a similar run from the bathhouse at Green Lake nineteen hours from now but at the same 9:30am SAturday in Seattle. Sounds like something Robert would do but with marathons. ] In between times, will fly 4,700 mile across the Pacific back home at last , at last. sayonara Nihon good morning Seattle

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Well that would be a fun accomplishment! Hope you don't have any delays along the way so you can pull this one off, Tet! It'll be good to have you home, friend. I think TimBo has missed you... Smile
      TammyinGP

Tamalina has missed you too . . . Blush I'm running a long run tomorrow afternoon, errr. . . . this afternoon . . .be back later. . .

Tammy

tet- don't tell me what happens yet tomorrow, I want to be surprised. I haven't even finished Friday yet.
            Neat idea Tetsujin!! SInce I missed today's 3-miler, I mean yesterday's, tomorrow, I mean today, I will do two runs, but consecutively in time and space, 3+6=9.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

TammyinGP

I know that's really you Tet . . . disguising yourself as Enke. But your confusing sentence gave you away. nice try.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Tet – welcome back! A little early for Saturday, but I don’t mind. I haven’t done my Saturday run yet, but I will post a couple pictures of the fast-growing-puppy Daisy taken today, at 15 weeks. Isn't she a beauty? And here she is with her older brother, Dexter.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Have a good trip Jon!!!!....you're putting the extra extra long Saturday to good use!! Francesca

Maniac 505

Jon, a double for you? that sounds almost like training Shocked Enjoy it, hope your connections work and hope you can get a little sleep in the plane. Let me know if you are up for Chilly Hilly this year. Dave
                    Mariposai

Enjoy the flight taper boy. I will try to keep you company for the last 4 hours of your flight by running a 20 miler. ...no barefeet running...it snow again last night Dead

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

Cool idea to do two runs at 9:30 am on Saturday on two continents! Robert will have to work on this idea for two marathons... My DD has missed two birthdays by flying the other way across the date line, so she's only 13 really...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Welcome to tomorrow today, but by the time you read this it will be today but written yesterday. Big grin

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

arf

MM #405

Hi jonny-boy...have a safe trip home K? Can't wait 'til we see you at Yakima....I'm gonna get you hammered on irish coffee's Wink Holly - Daisy is Gorgeous...and Dexter needs a hair cut...wish I was there to beautify him, are you going to let your hubby near him with the clippers? arf
                              What great pictures Holly! But what is that white stuff on the ground? I ran Tempos yesterday and normally I'd never run two hard workouts back-to-back. But Sunday isn't looking good for a run, so I decided to chance it and run my weekly MLR today. I promised myself I'd go easy and not push it. WTF happened? I got a 15.25 mile run at below MP. And progression at that. The last 4 at near HMP. Confused IRC I guess ... Sorry for posting this data. But I'm shocked ... Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

"older but not dead yet"

Love this time travel running report set-up! 3.2 miles (rest day) Biggest week since joining you guys. 37 miles. Just missed 40. Alex
                                Seeking the interface between the cerebral and the visceral.