Masters Running

Late start Wednesday daily--2/25/15 (Read 33 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Not much to post on, but thought I'd try and break the ice (NE winter humor attempt).

3.2 TM miles at a sluggish pace.  But longer than I thought I'd make it when I started.

Off to Memphis tomorrow, VERY early (5:50am departure from an airport an hour away  Wink for a couple of days.  I'm going to be very optimistic and pack running stuff for Friday morning.

Hope everyone has a good day running, packing, etc.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

King of PhotoShop

Some of the schools had delayed openings this morning because we got some snow flurries, but it was a waste of time as it's stopped now and the temps are above freezing. By this afternoon you will never guess it had snowed.

Ran 3 solo at the Park and quit when my shoes got very wet and my toes were cold.  Nice stretch at the Y.  Now lots of conf calls the rest of the day.  Spareribs

...Greetings from Slugville........

7-days of Ice Down,

possible 1-3 inches of snow( probably from Dallas) tonite

==========

been sitting here

with electricain waiting for him to fix the heat

,,,,,,,,,,anytime

Monterey, Crossville, and Bon Aire on the Cumberland Plateau

make it to THE WEATHER CHANNEL

it isn't because it's Good News..

http://wkrn.com/weather/satrad/

haven't done Squat, unless Shivering is considered Aerobic

...............good running guys............Think Warm Thoughts

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Hey, I've been there before!

I hope you get warm soon.  I was just telling DD yesterday that I am so tired of being COLD ALL THE TIME!  It's mostly just at work, since our office is generally pretty chilly and office-wear only seems to be warm from the waist up - my feet are always frozen.

Kevin - enjoy Memphis, and maybe you can nap on the plane.

Early ortho appt. for DD this morning, so 5 easy-paced miles on the TM for me.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave59

Slept in a little bit. Ran 3 miles (-2°, sunny, no wind), then attended a few meetings, and then ran another 2 miles (15°, cloudy) because I wanted to hit 5 miles today.

So much I want to say about work but better not..........  If I did say anything it would include these words:

deranged, demented, crazed, non compos mentis, unhinged, stupid, foolish, idiotic, silly, absurd, ridiculous, ludicrous, preposterous, farcical, laughable, risible, nonsensical, imbecilic, harebrained, cockamamie, half-baked, impracticable, unworkable, ill-conceived, senseless.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

guess it can be..................

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/low_concept/2015/01/turn_down_your_heat_don_t_do_it_for_the_planet_do_it_for_you.html

Dave--if this software thing doesn't work out for you , you have promise as a thesaurus editor.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

deranged, demented, crazed, non compos mentis, unhinged, stupid, foolish, idiotic, silly, absurd, ridiculous, ludicrous, preposterous, farcical, laughable, risible, nonsensical, imbecilic, harebrained, cockamamie, half-baked, impracticable, unworkable, ill-conceived, senseless.

... I think somebody needs a Hug....

mrrun

(((tomwhite)))

no run today - had 2 wonderful days at great wolf lodge with dd and family followed by root canal this morning

it's sunny out and the snow is melting - there's hope our road may become two-way before the end of february,

marj

steve, great grandkid pictures.  Aamos, 4 races in two days, including a half and a 15K is a lot of racing.  marj, happy birthday to your daughter.  Dave, I hope it gets better.

Nice long run for Holly and good job on the speedwork for Tammy (that coach is a slavedriver).

This morning, it was in the single digits and I did 5 miles on the TM at a 10:42 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

guess it can be..................

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/low_concept/2015/01/turn_down_your_heat_don_t_do_it_for_the_planet_do_it_for_you.html

...stumpy//...........got any good Websites on Canabalism??..........it's All Natural.....

wildchild

Carolyn

Tammy, nice job on the intervals yesterday!  Why does your coach give you the same paces for 400s, 800s, and 1200s, though?

Stumpy, I hope you get to run while you're in Memphis!

Dave, sorry about the eejits at your company.  Hope they get some sense.  I don't suppose you've tried offering unsolicited advice? 

We're in for another round of snowstorms so I ran 14 miles this morning while it was still sunny.  We got a few flurries while I was running, but nothing much yet.  I should have taken some snacks with me - that's further than I should run without food, and I felt it!  But I finished fine, except for having cold hands.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Stumpy, when you're in Memphis, check out Mud Park. It's a good place to get a few miles in if you don't mind going back and forth, or doing several loops (by the river then back on the path by the road, or vice versa). That was the best place I found to run when there last April.

Ran 5.5 miles after work, paths are still pretty icy but they were plowed (although not very well). Felt like tough going with choppy ice and crystalized snow. Nice to get outside though.

SteveP

7-days of Ice Down,

possible 1-3 inches of snow( probably from Dallas) tonite

==========

been sitting here

with electricain waiting for him to fix the heat

,,,,,,,,,,anytime

Monterey, Crossville, and Bon Aire on the Cumberland Plateau

make it to THE WEATHER CHANNEL

it isn't because it's Good News..

http://wkrn.com/weather/satrad/

Holy Hunker Down.

I'm quite interested in what the people who are paid to help me actually do.

SteveP