Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X TRAINING GROUP, W/E 03/29/09 (Read 309 times)

Hey Gang, Good runs and x-training to all. Here's what you did last week: Eliz4015.......12.6 miles of running, 4 miles of walking, strength training, and lots of icing! Glad the knee is better. Dutchie42....37K of running, upper and lower body workouts, ab workouts and 26K of biking. A PR of just under 58 minutes in the 10K, smashing the old PR by over 8 minutes! Congratulations! pfriese.....39.4 miles of running + yard work. Very consistent! fatozzig.....is a mess! Big grin 9.15 miles with hill repeats, strength training and 30 minutes on the stationary bicycle, zipping to Australia. Here's to a great time down under and a safe return to the good ole USA. dg......19.7 miles of running, 15.06 minutes biking, 40 minutes swim/pool run, 3 hours 15 minutes strength training, 1 hour 7 minutes and 25 seconds on the elliptical, and a partridge in a pear tree! Big grin Nicely done! evanflein.......the previous week erica ran 49.4 miles, 10.5 miles of biking to Hoover Dam, 3.6 miles of walking, and an undetermined number of miles running in a plane!? Wink evanflein.....this past week in San Francisco ran a weekly PR of 58.7 miles (including a very nice 20.3 mile long run) plus some weights and walking. Getting it done while traveling is tough, congratulations! nowor.....17 miles of running and stuff! Strength training/core and yoga. And yes, nowor enjoys running even more when fighting the elements! evryday....40 miles + rest + shopping. Hey, I did get some new shoes.....ASICS Kayano 14. That was a pretty good week of running and x training. Let me know if I missed anything.
    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
      Mon.......3miles.......rest Tues.....6miles.......9miles Wed......9miles......6miles at Lake Holdercloser Thurs....rest............rest Frid.......6miles.......3miles in OK blizzard of 09 w/snow shovel reps Sat........rest.............snow shovel reps Sun.......20miles....snow shovel reps Total.....18miles of running and way to many snow shovel reps.
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
      Dutchie42

Thanks evryday for starting us up Smile Mon: 10.2K easy and very windy run with Spooky. Yowza! 3x breaks for doggie business, 2x breaks for traffic when we wanted to cross the dike and 1x break to watch a deer nibble on some greens. Tue: LB workout, ouch my poor glutes Wink and an ab workout. Wed: was up at 4h15 this morning. Trying to ease into daylight savings time a few days early. Rain and strong winds today. So hooped on the TM and did 7.5K in 50 minutes. Wanted to do 10K but for someone who was up that early I was really late starting my run Surprised Thu: a 7.25K easy run on the TM plus stretch. . Fri: 60 min run, which equalled 9.3K today and an 18 min ab w/o. Sat: 6.56K run on the TM. Raining hard ouside and I couldn't make myself go out there. Ofcourse, now that I'm typing this it's dry and lovely. GRrrr Sun: First long run out on the road in a long time! And my legs felt each of those 20.75 kilometers. Total mileage: 61.56 kms... oh my gosh!! I'm in shock.... UB: 0, just didn't happen this week LB: 1x Abs: 2x Bike commute: 0, lots of rain and strong winds

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

evanflein

Thanks for the great write up,Evryday! Here's how this week is shaping up... Monday: A much needed rest day. Tuesday: 6.6 miles with a brisk headwind, 8:29 avg pace; .4 mile walk c/d Wednesday: 10.2 mile tempo run, 8:05 avg pace, much better conditions! Thursday: took the day off... DS1 turned 17 today!! Friday: 5.1 miles easy pace, .66 mile walk, 30 minutes of pool running Saturday: 8 miles run, 8:33 avg pace, .77 mile walk for w/u and c/d Sunday: just 9.1 miles for my "long" run today. Will record it as a GA/training run instead. That sucked. Totals: 39 miles run, 30 minutes of pool running (need to do more of that) and almost 2 miles of walking.
            Thanks, evry. MONDAY - weights - 1 hour TUESDAY - ran 6; walked 1; quite a push for me on a school night; knee is blessedly almost pain-free Smile WEDNESDAY - straight from school to Philly for rehearsal - rehearsal was exhausting but satisfying Smile THURSDAY - exhausted from being out so late at rehearsal; might try for a few miles when I get home tomorrow evening FRIDAY - all-day rehearsal; even more exhausted after today's sing-and-stand-up-all-day fest; bed super early and run, probably in the rain, tomorrow morning SATURDAY - ran 7; walked 1; knee is greta; will try to sneak in 3 some time tomorrow SUNDAY - rest; rehearsal, church, rehearsal; drive home to PA; singing Verdi Requiem at the Kimmel Center in Philly Summary - ran 13; walked 2; strength - once Concert was a blast. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to do it. Also glad it's over, though, so I have more time for running. Smile Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

pfriese

Thanks evryday, M - 6.8 miles - done T - rest day - done W - 10 miles - done Th - 6 miles - done F - 14.2 miles - done Sa - Su - ______________________ Total - Paul
              nowor

The week ended better than it started. M-3 windy, cold icky mi Bah T-strength training W-5.5 really nice mi Th-strength work AM; yoga PM F-6 thankful mi Su-yoga Summary: 14.5 mi + strength work + yoga
                dg.

missed the week again. sorry. thanks evryday!! I hope Leslie's having fun. Dutchie, how's your neck? foot? (((Erika))) nowor, nice thankful miles. Smile this was sort of a cut back week. totals ... (copied & pasted) Run: 19.8 Mi Bike: 10:00 Weights: 2:45:00 arc trainer: 22:06 Elliptical: 37:26 some uncharted walking. no shoveling.