Masters Running

Love & Hearbreak in 6 words (Read 264 times)

During my run (see, I have a running connection) this afternoon, I listened to "Talk of the Nation." THe guests were from Smith magazine, where there's an online feature of folks writing in their 6 word memoirs on love and heartbreak. The concept comes from a Hemingway 6 word short story: "Baby shoes for sale. Never worn." Some of them were funny, some sad--I thought I'd share: "This could be love. You in?" "Even angry, toes touching in bed." " 'I love you' is not enough." "Tried men, tried women, love cats." "He stayed after Katrina. I couldn't." "Wanted a knight. Got Don Quixote." "We don't argue. He's just wrong." "It was love at third sight." "Love you. You're right. I'm sorry." No more psychos. Or Boy Scouts." grins, A
    Masters 2000 miles
    evanflein

Hmmm, some of those sound like t-shirt slogans!
      dg.

thanks Amy. -)
        PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Long-suffering Mrs. PBJ is always right.
            My wife loved the one: "Tried men, tried women, love cats" Hope that doesn't mean anything ! Shocked Never did like that darn cat Evil grin Hemingway is one of my favorites. Did he lose a baby ? or is there another meaning? Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Loved the cat one. You know those stick people stickers that folks put on their cars to show how many family members they have? You know, a Dad figure, a Mom figure, three or four gender specific kids, a dog and cat? Kind of like a brag about how big their family is? Anyway I hate those things, but the other day I saw one on a small car, it was just a woman and a cat. That was her family. I thought it was great. "One love, two loves, no love" "I love you, now go away" "I love everyone I meet, almost" "Love for sale, cash only please"

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

"older but not dead yet"

This sounds like a variation of: Say It All In Six Words Alex
                Seeking the interface between the cerebral and the visceral.