Masters Running

Last Day of 2008 - Masters Running and Parties ... (Read 432 times)

This morning was an easy 3.5 mile recovery run after yesterday's Intervals. Avg pace 10:09 min/mile, avg HR 121. 2008 is almost in the books. If you're going to be partying tonight, enjoy yourself but have a designated driver available. If you're that person, beware of the other drivers. Many will drive anyway. We want you all back here to keep posting. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Hill Runner

Good morning Bill and all, The year is ending for me with a beautiful morning and nice run. This has been a very good year of running for me and something that I don't take for granted. Enjoy the gift. 10.14 miles of hills @ 8:55 pace in the dark with my headlamp. Good running to everyone today.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
      Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
      Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Renee the dog

Last evening I noticed that I had run a total of 1800 mi since I started running again in late Feb. 2006. But, I still had 10 mi to do, so I got out there early with Renee as my husband had to be on the road this morning. Was dressed right for the first couple miles, then the 20 mph wind died and the sun came out. Undecided I ended up changing my pants to shorts at mi. 7 since I was running by my house. The pants were so soaked -- running in them felt like the goofy relays we used to swim on swim team for exhibition where we swam in cotton sweat pants. Not a comfortable feeling! Big grin Hope everyone will have a nice New Year's Eve. I might have a friend coming over. Otherwise, we're just hanging out and playing train and race cars with the kids. And probably watching a couple of Warren Miller flicks on the big screen. Cool

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Tramps

PBJ, Econo, Ileneforward, Divechief….good day yesterday! (I’m so curious about Econo’s strange music mix.) Howling wind out there this morning. Paced DW. Warm-up and cool down miles @ about 12:30, two miles in the middle at 11:00. That seemed about right for our first outing. Marriage still solid. Quality miles. Big grin See ya next year!

Be safe. Be kind.

Where is everyone else? Yes, very windy now -- glad we got our run done before the wind started gusting like this. I had set out to do 10 miles with 5 miles at tempo pace, but the body was not ready for that. Lack of fuel from the fasting on Monday or whatever, but after a mile I recognized it wasn't a day for a hard workout and dialed it back. 5.1 miles, 45:17, 8:53/mi, AHR 141 You all be careful tonight, like Bill says, ok? We're going out to dinner for our anniversary (anniversary is tomorrow but we have trouble finding a place open on New Years Day) and will maybe pop into an open house party with some of our homebrew friends.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

#artbydmcbride

Thank you Tramps! Smile 7 miles last night in the fog. Tonight and tomorrow I will have a runner's New Year's; the running club die hards are running tonight, and then again tomorrow morning at 8:00 am before having brunch together. And since I will be a bachelorette until Friday, it suits me fine. Big grin

Runners run

Sorry I haven’t posted in awhile but once again things are just so very hectic both at home and at work. As far as our son Eric – after a day and a half in the hospital they sent him home (he and his sons spent Christmas Eve with us) saying that he wasn’t contagious and that the there wasn’t a whole lot he could do other than weather the storm so to speak. Well now we have learned that his own physician doesn’t think he had meningitis at all and has sent Eric to a neurologist for further tests as he thinks Eric had a seizure...that doesn't explain why they would diagnosis him with Viral Meningitis though. Confused I still get my runs in even when I am right out straight I always find that helps me relieve any stress etc. We have had some pretty unusually warm weather of late and almost all our snow had melted, but alas it is snowing again as I type and we are expecting anywhere from 3-6 inches of the white stuff which should make for an interesting New Years Day run tomorrow. Wednesday - 4 miles - 30:52 - (7:43) - 7:55 - 7:56 - 7:55 - 7:06 Thursday - 10.11 miles - 1:31:31 - (9:03) - Avg HR 128 Max HR 156 – Sunny, 42 & windy Friday - 4.01 miles - 31:29 - (7:50) - Avg HR 133 Max HR 144 – Sunny, 32 & no wind Saturday - 8.57 miles - 1:10:23 - (8:13) - Avg HR 132 Max HR 140 - Cloudy & 34 Sunday - 8.18 miles - 1:07:45 - (8:17) - Avg HR 124 Max HR 142 - Cloudy & 46 Monday - 5.02 miles - 42:13 - (8:24) - Avg HR 126 Max HR 138 - Cloudy & 38 Tuesday - 5.5 miles - 40:16 - (7:20) - Avg HR 129 Max HR 169 Cloudy & 26 1 mile warm up - 3 x 1 mile w/ 1/4 mile recovery jog - 1 mile cool down 8:30 - 6:16 - 2:15 - 6:14 - 2:15 - 6:08 - 8:34 Today – 5 miles on the schedule and probably won’t get to post since DW and I will be heading out to dinner and a movie to ring in the New Year. We should be home and in bed long before the ball drops ringing in the 2009! Happy New Year everyone, and stay safe out there…if you are going to a party PLEASE don’t drink and drive…our agency is noticing a pretty good spike in our drunk driving arrests this season and the tests are coming back much higher than they usually do, a sign of the times I guess, just not a good sign!

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! WRFB and PDR – just in case I forget to say it tomorrow, Happy Anniversary! DD is feeling much better and I am back to work. Kind of swamped at the moment, so I’ll just do a quick fly-by. 28 degrees this morning with winds gusting to 50mph made me choose the TM again. I was even a little worried that the puppy might blow out of the yard when I let the dogs out this morning. 6 easy-paced miles in the TM. We have that “best-friend couple” coming over tonight with their kids for pizza and dominos – a casual night with good friends. Actually the dominoes are for the adults (yup, Mexican Train again), and the kids will be downstairs playing Guitar Hero and Dance Dance Revolution. Although there will be imbibing, it won’t be excessive, and I doubt that we will make it to midnight. I can barely stay awake past 10pm these days....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Happy New Year to everyone! And Happy Anniversary to the Beers - very cool day for an anniversary. I am ending this year on a better note than it started - at least I am running. I have no idea how many miles I ran this year as I haven't started logging until just recently. As others have mentioned, the wind is just howling today so I opted for 5 easy miles on the TM and a weight session. We are headed over to a neighbor's house tonight to celebrate New Years so we will just be walking down the block. The kids are invited too and will enjoy getting to stay up and watch the ball drop. I'm intending to run tomorrow so hopefully tonight won't be too much fun! Congrats to Nono on 1800 miles this year. Tramps, glad to hear the marriage is still holding up in face of your dw's running. Sounds like she added a little speed this morning and did well with it. Lou, smart to dial it back. Those procedures take a fair amount out of a person. Have fun with all the running Ilene. The folks at the gym were trying to convince me to run the Hair of the Dog 5K tomorrow in evening wear. Apparently, there is a formal wear division as well as a pajama division. I think I'd do better in pajamas. Big grin

Once a runner . . .

Mariposai

Is everybody partying all ready? Have fun in your bye-welcome run Miss Forward. New Year would be a sweet and romantic day to get married. Last night was intervals night for my posie wings! After a 2 miles w/u I did the folowings: 1x800@ 4:02 one minute rest 1x1000 @ 5:07 one minute rest 1x800 @ 4:02 one minute rest 1x1000 @ 5:07 one minute rest 1x800 @ 4:00 one minute rest 1x800 @ 4:00 slow running until the calories counter in the treatmill marked 1000 and then I flew out of the thing. Just a bit over 8 miles. My goal is to go out this afternoon for a 6 miler to arrive to my 1900 goal for the year. Will check back later folks.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

dg.

morning! aww Ilene, what a sweetie. I missed your 'yesterday'. Wiill look. Nice way to celebrate. I think I"ll run tonight but just a little, & will have a trail run in the morning. enjoy yourself. Happy pre-anniversary, Beers. Tramps, good news. tell DW good job. I want to hear Econo's mix too. Nono how's your back? thanks for my healing hug the other day. I think it helped. 5.37 miles this morning, 9:43 ave. pace, 6:31 max. (faster laps at the end) ahr 163, ,max 182. miles were 10:39, 9:57, 9:36, 9:21, 9:18. then 2 sets on the weight machines. I hope you all enjoy whatever you do tonight. maybe a few stories tomorrow? mta... got busy at work & missed all the posts post Ilene, & will catch up in a bit. just skimmed.. Maine, I'm so glad to hear from you. best of luck with the tests for your DS.

King of PhotoShop

Nice workout Mariposai. I see that you are planning a SIX mile recovery run so you can get to a mileage goal huh? Speaking of mileage goals, I have over 1,000 for the year (1,056 to be exact). At the beginning of the year if someone had said I would run only a thousand miles I would have laughed. Now at the end of the year I am thrilled with it! And Peter, you should be very proud of your fine year too. So many people here have had great years, including Mary, and of course the still improving jdmom. Happy anniversary to the Beers tomorrow. Maine, that must be very frustrating for your son and the family with this uncertainty. Thank you for bringing us up to date. Happy New Year everyone. Spareribs
                            9.25 easy miles this morning after two days off. Sunday's 15 miler wiped me out and left me too sore. So this is a recovery week, and I did feel better today. We've got a busy day tomorrow, so we will not overdo it tonight. Happy New Year to all our running friends here!

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Renee the dog

. Nono how's your back? thanks for my healing hug the other day. I think it helped.
                              Glad the healing hug worked! I was glad for the cover of darkness as I ran the first couple miles -- I looked like a broken down Nag trailing along behind Renee. But, the pain was moving around the top of my leg, so it seemed like it was OK to continue. I did have my phone in case I had to call for a ride! Blush My gait did smooth out to normal somewhere around 2-2.5 mi. As for what I'm doing for it besides still running, I am still doing the gosh awful rolling on the hard large superball, and there's a whole lot wrong with my lower back and backside. So, I don't think I have a herniated disk like my friend is worrying about. I think I've just become a tight a--. Wink PS to Meg, the 1800 is my "lifetime" stat. I'll celebrate my 3rd anniversary of continuous running later in Feb. Still trying to figure this all out. Lifetime athlete, but not a consistent runner 'till 2006. Happy Anniversary WRFB & PDR! And Happy New Year to all! Those in Asia are just about there! Whoo hoo!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Mariposai

Nice workout Mariposai. I see that you are planning a SIX mile recovery run so you can get to a mileage goal huh? Spareribs
                                You are VERY observant for your old ageWink ohhhhhhhh wiseone. Yes, I will run a slow 6, very slowly Tongue. I love it when someone is paying attention to my runs...at least I feel more confident with what I am doing. Now that I pay attention to my recovery run by not making it to long or too fast I find myself recovering faster from my key workouts and it has allow me to cover more miles with fresher legs....

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard