Masters Running

Happy birthday Spareribs (Read 255 times)

Mariposai

May you be blessed with many, many happy miles like this one!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Happy birthday to the master of trivia questions! Hopefully there will be dinner with all of the younger Ribs. Have a great day!

#artbydmcbride

HBD!

Runners run

Dave59

Happy Birthday! 

(All this talk of "ribs" and now that picture from Ilene.....  I think I know what I am having for dinner.  If not tonight, pretty soon.)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy Birthday to Ribs.

In the spirit of many of your posts:

"Where did the the custom of adding candles to a Birthday cake begin?"

Unlike Ribs, there will be no prizes offered.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Well, I can't beat the pics from Posie or Ilene, and I don't know the answer to Stumpy's question, but I wish Ribs a Happy Happy birthday.

Ribs at Twin cities Marathon

TammyinGP

I hope you have a most wonderful birthday Ribs!!

Tammy

Happy Birthday Ribs!

Ya know, Ribs really is one smart dude.  He decided to run the same number of miles this week as his (new) age, because he knows better than to put that many candles on the birthday cake.  The house might burn down.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

#artbydmcbride

He's going to run that many miles in ONE week?? Shocked

Runners run

mrrun

Happy Birthday!  Hope you can still reap in the hardware, altho there are all those young'uns to compete with now!

marj

In your honour, I am going to devour some ribs this weekend.  And I have been inspired to run my age in miles on my birthday week, but somehow, as young as I am  Wink, I still think this is going to be hard.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

...Happy B'Day Ribbs//................you Old Guys are An Inspiration to all of us.............

PLUGG ON//////////

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Maybe next summer I can run my miles that week like you.  It beats the alternative, which is running them all at once in an ultra.  Happy Birthday!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Happy Birthday, Ribster!!!  Eat Cake!

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wildchild

Carolyn

I like the idea of running your age in your bday week!  Too bad I didn't think of it last month - turned out I was 0.9 miles short that week!  Joking

Happy birthday - hope you run many happy miles in the coming year.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.