Masters Running

Weightloss or MITTH Challenge - Week 3 (Read 321 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay folks, another week of holiday eating, and where are we? Well I am up a 1/2 lb this week, to 114 lbs. Not surprising, considering the baking and toffee making I've been doing, but that still has me down 3 lbs from the start. The true test will be next week's weigh-in, after a long weekend of holiday eating and, added to that, some hormonal water retention on the schedule. If I can just maintain this weight over the next week, I will consider it a victory. DD was up last night with stomach flu. This after I had shared a doughnut with her yesteray. Could be I might NOT be gaining any weight this weekend if I get her bug. Undecided

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Holly, hope DD gets better soon. And hope you don't get it. Down 1 pound (my scale doesn't do 1/2s so maybe I rounded down! Big grin ). 153# Yesterday for the inlaws Christmas dinner and get together, I thought of Mariposai and here Holiday eating tips. Yes, there were carrots and a veggie tray. I had eggnog, 2 pieces of pie (one cheesecake and one cherry) I had the gravy..... All in all, though I did fairly well, relatively speaking. Good weigh ins to all!
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Marathon Maniac #3309

When Holly started this thread, I said I was going to join in too. But due to my lack of physical activity now, I really really don't want to step on the scales...what I DON'T know won't hurt me. As someone who has lost a huge amount of weight before, I don't want to send myself into some crazy no eating at all thing if my weight is up a tad. But after saying that, my cloths and especially my pants still fit the same, so I consider that a victory within it's self, without hitting the scales to see. And I will say too, that I am proud of myself for not over eating at all, and I haven't had any junk food for a long time...which I hate junk food anyways, as that is what got me up to the 250 pounds I was at many years ago. But I do miss not being to eat more, because of running bunches of miles...but will be back soon enough. Good luck to everybody....everyone at least seems to be doing OK, if not greta! TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

I maintained from last week which is still up from where i want to be, but maintaining is ok for now til the holiday eating is over!! holly - hope your daughter is better and that you don't get that bug -- not a fun way to lose weight!!

denise

Renee the dog

Oh crap! Today is Thursday?!! Didn't weigh in. Black eye

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

evanflein

I was surprised to see 141 on the scale today... something I haven't seen in a long time. I'll have to go back and check to see what I put down for starting, but I think that's about 4 pounds down. Very cool. DS2 was sick last night, too and still doesn't feel well. Mostly headache, aches and sore throat, but he thought he'd toss cookies last night. And this kid made a pumpkin pie yesterday for the Christmas dinner today...

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, DH came down with the bug this morning, taking to bed shortly before our guests arrived, and still there now, holding a bucket..... Sad Terrible timing for him, because I put out quite a spread, and usually he's my cooking's biggest fan. Of course, there will be leftovers in the fridge for him when he feels better tomorrow, but that's never the same. Now I'm not only worried about yesterday's doughnut, but this morning's kiss from DH.... Undecided

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

flatland mountaineer

Holly hope you don't get sick, thats a really carpy way to loose weight. Nono, coffee enhancement Big grin Have done pretty well eating the right things this week, maybe a little too much of the right things, but run mileage is creeping up a little, and did a little crosstraining, that should help.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

No scale at the shore, so I couldn't get weighed this morning. At home now and I feel like my elastic-waist PAJAMAS are too tight, so definitely not looking forward to stepping on the scale tomorrow! Shocked Shocked Shocked Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Ultrachick

Seem to be holding steady at 140 so overall 2 lb loss from when we started. I'll take it and keep thinking skinny thoughts. I actually just got in from a run and we're planning a lite dinner-now to just stay away form the sweets! Kelly
                      If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
                        I, too, forgot to weigh in this a.m., but I'm claiming amnesia brought on by hangover (too many wonderfully delicious sidecars last night). Does it count if I wait and weigh in tomorrow?? I'm guessing 145. Blush Holly - Keeping my fingers crossed you don't get the crud like the rest of your family.

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

Up two pounds...yeap...italian food would do that to you.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

I always say I'm "just one flu away from my goal weight!" Tongue problem is I just don't get sick often - maybe once every two or three years. . . so that's the reason I can't ever get to my goal weight I guess. I didn't weigh in this morning. It would have only been discouraging. We had appetizers at my moms last night and quite a few were salty. And I had way too many green olives - love them, but mega salt! I think I'm now officially tired of sweets, so I will be good throughout this next week and weigh in next Thursday instead.

Tammy

Dutchie42

I've officially gained weight now: 132.22 lbs (US). You know, I'm only 120,2 in EU pounds. Sounds much better, doesn't it. Holly: hope you don't get sick too.

Dutchie
                              Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

I've officially gained weight now: 132.22 lbs (US). You know, I'm only 120,2 in EU pounds. Sounds much better, doesn't it. Holly: hope you don't get sick too.

Dutchie
                                Run the day, or the day runs you.