Masters Running

Friday, May 9th.....Daily run and fun (Read 510 times)

Good Morning friends! There is much going on in the world and personally I have plenty on my plate. My favorite DD-inlaw (my only one) is graduating from nursing school today and that will be a great accomplishment to celebrate. My thoughts and prayers today go in various directions.......nonoruns mother.......Holly's family and their funeral.......btb coming off the surgery........Amy with her challenges. On a lighter side, I figure the SR puppy is also excited about his pending new home since he realizes RIBS is such an important factor there. He is probably anticipating a few "spare ribs" for himself. Well, I have 4 hours of running planned for the weekend (notice the time rather than miles?...hehehe) and then a bunch of other things going on too. Today's run will be later in the day. Enjoy your day......this is the ONLY chance you will have to live the day... May 9th, 2008. Do it well and find that one "extra" thing to do or say that will make it special for you when you lay your head on your pillow tonight. Ladies and gentlemen......start your engines!!
    Vista
      Thanks Vista. My engines were running today ... though purposely at idle speed. 5 miles at 9:40 min/mile pace. Off to the Pina Coladas. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! {{{nonoruns and family}}} JJJessee – congratulations, Marathon Maniac #911!! BTB – pain-free running – woohoo! Vista – congratulations to your DD-in-law. 4 hours of running? Be careful… Bill – Pina Coldas? No run for me today. No childcare this afternoon, so I will be picking up DD when kindergarten gets out at noon and taking the afternoon off. Good time to finish getting our stuff out of the old house and cleaning it before I turn over the keys tomorrow. (What a relief that will be.) Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!! Smile Out for 2 glorious miles this morning. I even said out loud "Oh, this feels so good!". I made sure I didn't go any further so that I could be fresh for tomorrow's race. The new family is doing great. There was one that had a problem with a small hole above it umbilical cord that was bleeding. My youngest DD was such a great help with that. She nurse him and took him to the vet. He got one little stitch and has to have amoxicilan twice a day. Seeing as 24 hours has passed - I think he's going to make it. His name: Willing and Able - aka "Willie". Anxious to hear what the vet says. Haven't had time to read all the posts - I send my best to everyone! Happy Friday!! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning everyone....and happy TGIF Smile Thanks for the start off Vista. I second your thoughts and prayers for all going through problems, injuries and other misc stuff that life throws our way sometimes. Have a great 4 hours of running this weekend...you talking of one day, or 4 hours over a couple of days? Nice run Bill....and I thoroughly enjoyed your RR and beautiful pictures....tell your wife she is a beautiful lady, which I am sure you do yourself Smile Hope you have a good day Holly, and finally be done with the house transaction and clean up. You've made me remember alllll the work that goes into selling and buying another house,and all that goes into both. Glad your run "felt so good" Mary. Good luck with your race....can't wait for the RR Smile Happy your extended family are doing well, and hope Willing and Able will be just fine. Man, I missed the good news yesterday with Bob....he actually ran a mile on the treadmill. It's remarkable how fast he is recovering from his procedure Shocked Like you tell me Bob...just take it easy and be smart I got out for an 8 mile run last night - 1:10 - in the pouring rain. I love running in the rain, but probably wasn't the wisest thing I have done struggling with a cold Roll eyes With all the geese having their babies, I sure get hissed at and chased a lot right now when I get close to them...one took chase after me last night as she felt I was getting to close for comfort.....I always feel silly running the way I run away Big grin Hope all have a wonderful day!!!!! Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Thanks for the start off Vista. I second your thoughts and prayers for all going through problems, injuries and other misc stuff that life throws our way sometimes. Have a great 4 hours of running this weekend...you talking of one day, or 4 hours over a couple of days? Tim
              Yea, you have it right (Holly had also asked)....the four miles are over the weekend. Up until now I would target a mileage distance such as 3, 4, or 5 miles and then stop my run there. For a change of pace I am now trying to use a set amount of time for my run as the way to measure. That being said, I will run for an hour today, do my "long" run tomorrow of 2 hours, and then do another hour on Sunday. What I am enjoying about this is that I find I am doing slightly longer runs and finishing them with a little uptempo work. I am finding this to be both encouraging and hopefully, building my base. This is just a phase I am going through. Who knows, my next phase may be to buy a little convertible sports car. Joey
              Vista
              dg.

ood morning! Vista, congratulations to your DD-inlaw. Enjoy the celebration. Bill, I'll second that. Pina coladas? Holly, how are you knees? big day today. wish I could help. morning Mary! say hi to your babies for me. I hope Willie's ok. Tim, I hope you don't have a cold relapse. oh no. geese baby time. be careful! a daddy goose hit me in the head once. he ran his brood off the path as I approached, watched me for a minute or two from a distance, then bang. I wasn't headed their way, either. JJJ, wtg!!!!! Erika, congrats to DS1. glad you got to see some of it. Bob, what good news. especially glad to hear what he said about your tendon. I was just reading something about that. my morning so far, a yoga dvd, pilates workout 2, pooch combing, vacuuming, garage sweeping, a general outside putzing. cut some lilacs for work. enjoy your day! mta, welcome back Susan Smile
                  Pina Coladas! Off to Maui for a week today. (I snuck that little factoid into my Eugene RR.) Aloha, Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Good morning, all! Vista - thanks for all of those words of wisdom - some really good thoughts in your post. Good luck on your 4 hours of running this weekend. I'll be thinking of you when I doing my 3.5 hour run on Sunday. Holly - doesn't seem fair that you have to clean your new house and your old house. Glad that you get to take the afternoon off anyway. Mary - your puppies are adorable. Wishing you lots of sproink for your race tomorrow! dg - you've already put in a full days work already! I can just about smell your lilacs. I had to leave mine behind in Michigan, and I haven't had a chance to find a replacement for our yard here. I love all of the spring blossoms, but the lilacs are my favorites. Bill - I am so green with envy - Maui is too cool - have a wonderful time. {{{{{{{{nono runs and nonoruns Mom}}}}}}}}}}} - it was comforting to read all of the posts about the "not so great daughter moments". I have those myself and then beat myself up thinking that I am an ogre. It's good to know that I'm not the only one who makes those slips. No run for me yet today. DH and I had a late dinner meeting in Woodstock, CT and didn't get to bed until 11:00. We opted to skip the usual early morning workout and sleep in. Unfortunately, we forgot to tell Jesse the plan and she insisted on getting up at 5:00 am. I think she's going to become reacquainted with her basement crate tonight so we can sleep past the crack of dawn tomorrow. I'm hoping to get a run in over my lunch hour and some core and weight work after work this evening. Best of luck to all of the weekend racers! Good runs and a good weekend to all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

.....enjoy your Phase vista..... Doodley-Squat Day........watching it rain, going to an Art Opening tonite..... (should be interesting, One of my Buddies,,,,Former Marine, Special Ops Version, hopefully he won't have to Kill Us after the Showing) ..................good running guys..........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

TGIF for sure! Great news BTB. Glad the Willie is doing ok! It would be cool if Willie could meet Woody Smile Thunderstorms stayed clear for a nice Tropical Rain Forest type run this morning (68F and steamy with some rain and lots of puddles). My "General Aerobic" pace which usually gives 158 HR gave 165 and climbing to 170 during the run and the sweat rate was up to 4 lbs/hr (I think there is a correlation here Shocked ) 6 Miles at 7:48 pace AHR 165 then 1 mile cool-down with Tory at 9:18 Have great runs Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Mariposai

31 degrees, 4 crispy miles for me. I am glad to see that my legs are back to normal after the trail race last Saturday. Off to prepare for a job interview, too bad I can not take my butterfly wings with me to give me comfort Undecided. Oh well, I guess I will consider this interview like a marathon, one question/mile at the time.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Hill Runner

Good morning everyone, I got the same weather here as Steve...warm and steamy. 8.03 miles of hills @ 9:18 pace with my usual cool down 3/4 mi. walk.....pool opening definitely on the agenda for this weekend! Smile Good runnin' today everyone.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                            Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                            Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Thanks for starting us off with your usual inspiring thoughts, Vista. And it is a nice day, ready to be siezed (carpe diem and all that). Four miles for me today. It was only 40F, but that's pretty normal at 6AM this time of year. It was a slow but comfortable run, so I continue to make some progress. I'm envious of the weekend racers -- I won't be at that stage for a couple of months yet. By the way, here's proof that there is a light at the end of the tunnel of child-raising. Now we've traded our worries about getting through the education process with worries about where he's going to find a job: Good running and racing to everyone today and for the weekend!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Vista, Excellent start and reminder to live life to the fullest. Rest day for me, resting the old body and getting ready for a 10k race tomorrow morning. I hate 10K races..oops did I say that..I love 10K races. They are the most painful and difficult race for me, it's like a 5K race that never ends. I am hoping that I have improved over last year, so I guess this race scares me as I will find out the results...new course though, so who knows what it will be like. Take care and lets heed Vista's words Tall

Recent Best times: None recently