Masters Running

40+ On the Run w/e 12/20/08 (Read 493 times)

jfa

No catchy clever titles this week cause my head hurts. Good game for Evryday, Carol, Carol's Hub and everyone else in the whole glorious state of Texas. Me, my head hurts. Stayed up late watching the Giants look like shrimps and the Cowboys looking like SuperBowl champs. Went to sleep and watched about 50 Whitten touchdowns in my dreams. Cry must.remind.myself.it's.just.a .game. On a lighter note, it's our one year anniversary now at RA!! Weeha!

Joe, don't be so hard on yourself. The Giants, shrimps? I don't think so. The Cowboys Super Bowl Champs? Wrong again. (though I hold secret thoughts in the far back reaches of my mind that they could be) Giants have locked the division and will play post season. The jury is still out for the Cowboys. But, trust me, I know how you feel. I've felt it 5 times so far this year! With all that said.....< begin="" gloat="" /> How bout them Cowboys! < end="" gloat="" />
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

jfa

You're right Evryday,it's not over yet.Your defense sure is playing good though.I knew it would be a slugfest and your guys made the plays when needed. I was really hoping to see TO crying on the sidelines though. The way things are going, I don't want to see a third episode to this rivalry this year!

Joe, with you being so nice about the game and having those hero boys and all, I just can't rub it in. Will say that hubby is a happy, happy camper. He won the week for his football pool by placing the most weight on the Cowboy game. It was a sleepless night here too after all the excitement. Arla, awesome race/training run!!!! You've been very consistent and patient in building up your miles, and it is paying off. Love it! Leslie, I love the cat pic! I want to be one of your cats when I grow up, OK? Jewels, sorry about your injury....rest, girl, rest. It really is the best advice, but the hardest take. Maybe the holiday hustle and bustle will keep you distracted. Evryday, we're all weird Shocked I really don't mind the cold either. It's the heat that saps me. Glad there are some other "2X the winners" goal folks out there! I sure hope those elite folks don't get too much faster though Wink. Planning a lunchtime run today since the cold front made it's way down here. The weekend was pretty much a dead run of it's own with online and live Christmas shopping, a party, had to work some on my accounting job, and church -- a lengthy affair since hubby works as part of the "roadie" crew for our praise band, and I help with making coffee, enter our visitor card data after the services, hand out worship guides, or whatever else looks like it needs doing. Lot's of fun to be part of it, and we see people really starting to feel connected. Our sermon was on slowing down enough to savor the reason for the season and reach out to others...hmmm...maybe I should listen and apply that Blush. Have a great week 40ish ones!
          Progress Trumps Pefection
            Once again,we are predicted to get snow flurries today hereon the coast with snow down to 500 feet. Wanna get outta here in any direction? Snow chains required within less than 50 miles east and about 70 or so miles south (North - no problem. West - start swimming). Strange, strange weather for us. So it was a chilly 3-mile run this a.m., which kept me moving at a pretty good clip - 9:23 ap. I don't have a thermometer to look at, but I'd guess it was no "warmer" than 32. Then did an hour of core/strength training. Usually, even in winter, I can be out in my workout shed most times in shorts and just a sports bra (it's fairly small and warms up quickly), but not this a.m. I almost needed gloves to handle my free weights. Carol - We call our house "Kitty Nirvana." Spoiled, spoiled rotten. No football in my household for over a week. Yes, it's been blissful being completely in control of the remote. But alas, it all ends today - maybe. The Hub is suppose to be flying back home this evening from a week of vacation. He has to travel to Salt Lake City. Guess I'd better be watching the forecast to determine if he's going to make. Watched a very touching movie last night, "Lars and the Real Girl." It has a wonderful message of love and tolerance. Cripes - It says it's 69 degrees in here, but my feet are freezing! I may have to up the heater a few notches. Also, Boss Bill wants to be closed all next week, or leave Tuesday at noon at the latest. I had a really, really hard time agreeing with him. Wink Later!

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Joe.....yes, it is just a a game! My husbands best bud is a Cowboy fan and I've had to warn him a couple of times when he's over here, if they are losing you better watch your tongue. Hope your head is feeling better! Everyday, nice log for you young man! You're lovin' those cold temps I see. Snow flurries again for Leslie's neck of the woods. Stay warm and enjoy your short week next week. I can't believe the holidays are upon us! Carol...glad you got some Christmas shopping done and hope todays run went well. Have a super week to all of our 40 plus friends......Jewels
              But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
                Everyday, nice log for you young man! You're lovin' those cold temps I see. Jewels
                Thanks. Young man??? Thanks again! About the cold weather.....quite awhile back, someone on this website said, "You gotta embrace the suck." I thought that was a good way of looking at it!
                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                  Took some pics over the weekend of the family to make Christmas cards. It wa a beautiful sunny 75* day as you can see! Jewels
                  But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee

flatland mountaineer

Jewels, Lynda and I really enjoyed your holiday pics, those are just great. Smile I haven't been much of a pro football fan since Elway retired from the Broncos, but we watched a little Giants vs Cowboys just cause'! Smile Normal rest days monday and tuesday, and a good thing at that as we were -12 mon morn and -8 this morning, tommorow doesn't look a lot better but maybe go in the afternoon. Oh I hate the thought of a gym membership even tho we have a nice one for a little town and the people that own it are nice. They put on the local 4th of July run we try to help sponsor. Just that uh..... its just so danged clique-y, its seems many of the people that go there just go there to be seen there if ya know what I mean. Here is their website. http://imagetotalfitness.synthasite.com/index.php We go to the accountant today for year end planning so been staying in the office, not a bad thing in this weather. Glad we don't have cattle to feed and break ice for, been there done that, no fun.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

jfa

Hi Folks- feeling much better today.I suppose it's pretty silly to get so upset over a game but I guess the Giants have spoiled me lately.They have done so much winning that I almost forgot what it's like to lose! Fantastic pics Jewels! What a great looking family you have there.Did you say 75*?!?!Mmmmm,that sounds nice.How's the leg/hip feeling? Carol- thanks for your graciousness and sure sounds like you and Hub have a busy schedule.Hope your runs are going well. Evryday- good mantra about "the suck". I like that. Whatever makes you tougher and gets you out the door! Jim- don't know what to tell you to help out.We only see single digit temps a couple of times a year.Maybe the gym for under 15*,then just HTFU for all the rest? Again,pretty easy for me to say! Hope that white stuff stears clear for you Leslie.Your cats seem like a handful.Maybe having kids would have been easier! Speaking of spoiled, a balmy 68* for my 5 miler yesterday but down to 30* and rainy today!Yuck.Time to embrace it I guess! Have a good one folks!

Ultrachick

Just a quick Hi! to everyone. I have to catch up on the end of last week to be in the know. Got an 86 on my Anatomy final which I'm happy with. I took it last Friday so it wouldn't be looming over me all weekend. Been busy teaching skiing and looking for a job. Trying to get the motivation to go for another quick run since I didn't run yesterday and get all the miles I planned for today. A busy afternoon with the dentist for me and the kids, then soccer and lacrosse. Catch up with y'all later! Kelly
                        If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
                          . . . a balmy 68* for my 5 miler yesterday but down to 30* and rainy today!Yuck.Time to embrace it I guess!
                          I swear, the temp swings everyone's has been experiencing across the country is truly amazing. How in the world do you plan around that?!? Evryday - "Embrace the suck." Well, I stuck my head out the door, saw the iced over deck, and re-embraced my bed and warm covers. Big grin I'll give it another try tomorrow. Joe - The cats can be handful, but they don't talk back and they don't ask for money or to borrow the car. Wink Jewels - Great pics! You definitely have to claim your daughters. They look just like you. Luckily, I remember to cover up a few plants last night. All the towels kept their form when I pulled them off this a.m. Ch-ch-chilly. Picked up a very grouchy Hub with a head cold from the airport late last night. (((sigh))) It sure was nice while he was gone. Wink Said it snowed while he was in Fredicksburg (TX not VA). He had been to a bar, it was like 1:30 a.m., and he was walking back to his hotel just a few blocks away. A cop pulls up and hollers at him, "Hey! You from California or something?" Hub: "Yep!" Cop, chuckling: "How much have you had to drink?" Hub: "A lot." Cop: "Where're you staying?" Hub: "Just a couple of blocks down here." Cop, still chucking: "Well, hurry up and get inside before you freeze to death." Hub: "Okay." And in another town (I can't remember), he hung out at a bar (yeah, he likes bars) with a bunch of special ops guys from the nearby military base. He said that was really interesting in that they were telling him a bunch of stories. "We're really good at our job (i.e. killing people)." Shocked I asked him if he asked any of them to walk him back to his room to protect him. MTA - Hi, Kelly!!

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

wildchild

Carolyn

I haven't checked in with you guys or read your thread for a while... so what happens when I stop by to say hi? ... You're all talking football! Almost as bad as all the baseball talk on the daily thread a few months ago. Angry So I'll just slink back out...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

jfa

hi? ... You're all talking football!
                              My bad Carolyn .I promise to lay off until ..well, at least Saturday. Hi Kelly and anyone else who's around here!

Hey Wildchild - I don't talk football. So come on back and let's talk about something more interesting. Smile

Leslie
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance