Masters Running

May Masters Miles (Read 455 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Another fine month has come and gone. Another month when we all shared in each other's accomplishments, stories, hardships, joys, new puppies, injuries, and, oh yeah, running! Time for that end-of month ritual known as the Boomer miles thread! Post your May mileage total, and list any PRs for races, longest run, highest monthly total, or whatever new milestone you've reached. Remember, a mile is a terrible thing to waste! Enjoy the gift! You guys are the best!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Thanks for doing this again WildChild. 113.4 miles in May. Ugh. The lowest monthly total since December 2005. 887.8 miles year-to-date 2008. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

thanks for doing this, wildchild. i've missed the past few months, but trying to get back in the groove. not too many miles to offer: 70.6 for may - the best month this year, but pathetic compared with years past... 294.6 for the year. maybe next month. susan

I Can Go The Distance

Wildchild, thanks for doing this. May Total Miles: 183.4 New Monthly PR YTD Total Miles: 604.1 Other PRS this month: Longest Run: 12 miles Today (5/31/08) Weekly Total Miles: 47.4 This week (5/26-6/1) Bruce

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

Thanks, Carolyn. I was going to offer to do the tally, but I'll be away Thursday and Friday with the kiddos and at the shore next weekend. BEAUTIFUL pic. Is that where you run? Wow, I'd never want to leave, even though it is rather far from the ocean. Wink May - monthly PR at 78.1 - hooray for custom orthotics YTD - 292.5 miles - just 1.6 shy of my mileage for ALL of 2005 (started in March '05) single training run PR - 9 miles last Sunday - and hopefully again tomorrow, but it'll be JUNE, one of my two favorite four-letter words (the other is JULY!!) Big grin Big grin Big grin Still askeerd of racing. Hope to face that fear again on Friday. Shocked Also, 3 glorious outings in the kayak. Cool Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Thanks wildchild and spectacular photo choice! 212.7 May miles masters PR for the 5k: 20:58 masters PR for the half marathon:1:35:10 I like May 984 miles ytd since I started recording on this log CNYrunner

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Wildchild, thanks! Nice picture! May: 237.8 miles YTD: 1176.2 miles

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

54.1 miles in May 2008. 528.2 miles YTD 5K PR of 23:45
                  Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                  pfriese

Thanks wildchild, May total: 166.9 miles YTD: 855.9 miles Also, 5K PR - 22:49 Paul
                    Teresadfp

One day at a time

May: 140.3 miles (monthly PR) YTD: 530.7 (on track for 2000K for 2008!) Weekly PR: 35.1 miles Distance PR: 11.5 miles 5K PR: 30:12
                        Thanks for doing this. That certainly is a lovely picture. May running mileage........118.6 miles May walking mileage...........5.6 miles My YTD running miles is now at 475.9 miles
                        Vista

Hill Runner

Thanks WC! May = 140.4 miles YTD = 758 miles

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                          Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                          Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Thank you for keeping this thread going each month and especially for doing all of the calculations! May miles: 282.7 YTD: 1218.2

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Wildchild thanks for the gift! Weak month for me - 95 miles 2008 total 593.6 miles running 1:56:42 half 16 minutes off my Masters PR but better than my last 3, so I'm headed in the right direction again. Smile 12 games umpired, that should count for something Wink CNY congrats on some great times Smile BC excellent mileage Eliz way to go with the monthly PR & I 2nd that hooray for the orthotics Smile Teresa your continued improvement is nice to watch. Cool Perch amazing as always... Twocat-- WOW what a great month!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

wildchild

Carolyn

May - 146.5 miles, a monthly PR Weekly PR - 36.6 miles 5K PR - 28:17 I guess being unemployed is good for my running! Big grin

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.