Masters Running

Friday at last 2-8 runas ans wo's (Read 550 times)

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Good Morning! Guess I'll start. I had little sleep last night part thinking about work and part thinking if I can do a PBJ Special. The plan was 2 mi WU, PBJ Special and 1 mi CD. 2.2 miles with Tory at 9:17 pace which felt like a big effort. Then dropped him off and went for the PBJ Special. It was actually fine: 8 mi 59:51 7:28 pace AHR 162 (83%HRM). Woohoo! Then 1 mi CD at 9:16 Have great runs! Steve Overall: 11.2 mi in 1:29:27 (7:59) wo: 8 mi in 59:51 (7:28)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Marathon Maniac #957

Good morning Perch and fellow masters! SteveP – Noah is beautiful! Deez4boys – sounds like you’ve been working some tough shifts lately. Since you work nights, do you run before your shift, or after? MustangSally – Nice workout! I miss your postings. Stop by more often. Smile No run for me today – x-training instead: push-ups, weighted squats, front raises, weighted duck squats, superman lifts, bench dips, lunges, and a 13-minute ab/core workout video. DH is taking the day off work to run errands and just generally fool around. I'm so jealous.... Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning Perch and Holly and everyone else.... Kinda rushed for time right now.....9 easy miles last night in 1:25:00 - nice night to run with the temp at 30 degrees....and NO wind. And survived another ice bath that wasn't near as bad as the first one, and this morning I CAN tell a difference in my soreness. No moose sighting for me....but did get attacked by a hissing goose last night...guess that's not really the same Smile Happy running all....and have a nice TGIF Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Holly,thanks for posting my picture yesterday, I'm not a computer wiz by any means... I still wear that shirt for warm-up, then I hand it off to my girls so they can safe-guard it for me... Prolly just an easy 5 miler again today,will edit when I get back...ended up at a 7:51 pace...
          Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
            Perch, nice workout! That's on my (long term) goal list too. 5 easy miles at 9:13 min/mile pace. I'm going to run with the big boys and girls tomorrow. They'll probably drag me along to 12 miles or so at 8ish pace. Easy for them, near tempo for me. This might be a little dumb to be doing this a week before my next HM. But the real goal race is in May, so I need to work on the hard stuff. I'll take it really easy next week leading up to the HM. I heard a rooster crowing this morning. Moose, goose, rooster ... they're all the same, right? Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #957

How about a tiara? At the Leading Ladies Marathon, Elaine, the RD, gives a light but pretty tiara to the woman who passes the Mile 1 marker last. She has to give it to the person she passes, and so on. This is to be sure the race course doesn't close until the last woman has finished, and to be sure she knows she is as special as the one who wins. (Prolly more so, as she's on her feet a lot longer!)
              Aamos - I love this idea!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Aaaah, rest day today!! DH and I went to the gym last night. 20 minutes of cardio on the bike and then to the weight room for 30 minutes. Thought I'd be pretty sore today - but I'm not!! I was really looking forward to sleeping in - awoke at 4 a.m. thinking it was Saturday and the realization that I still had to go to work kept me awake for a little while. Finally dozed off until 6:30. Thinking of you {{{Munch}}}. Steve - the photo's yesterday were great!! Happy Friday!! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Good morning, all! Perch - you're a hard act to follow - good run!! SteveP - your grandson is beautiful - you look so proud. Hope his Mom is doing well. Time - watch it - geese can be deadly! 6.5 miles on the treadmill this morning. I plan to do my long run on the trail this weekend if the weather cooperates (if it freezes enough to firm up the muddy trail). Good runs and a wonderful weekend to all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

A couple of updates from me this Friday morning. runninginDC........The reason I know how many people are reading my http://running1000milesinayear.blogspot.com/ blog is because I have allowed Adsense to put ads on mine. They tabulate the number of pages and clicks in order to calculate how much they will pay me. Most of the ads are topic related and choosen by them. Over the last month there have been ads for running shoe companies, treadmills, exercise diets, Super Bowl ads, etc. It is a neat process and really "a game within the game". Anyway, that is how I know I am increasing in the number of people who are reading my blog. I am regularly reading your blog, by the way. VERY interesting stuff going on with you. In regards to the hit and run driver who killed a runner and then got caught when he hit a second pedestrian, the details are a bit sketchy. It appears that the second person was not a runner, but this time someone walking in a small community. They have the driver in a hospital being evaluated for possible mental problems. The second incident happened just days after the runner was killed. One of the areas they are trying to determine is whether these were random victims or did he have a targeted purpose in who he hit. A little scary, whatever they find out. An afternoon run today will cap off a good week of solid running. Have a good weekend everyone.
                    Vista
                      Good Morning from Western Massachusetts, 10.3 miles in 1:20:58 or just under 8 minute pace---9 AM, 29F windy, sleet and icy snow but not accumulating. I ran with a friend and we turned this into more of a pace run. We are both running a half marathon on Sunday in NH and it looks like it may be a snow adventure. It's not a target race (no tapering or anything) but I still want to test the training and hold marathon pace or better the whole way. We'll see what Mother Nature has to say about that! TGIF....I am tired. CNYrunner
                      bap

Lung problems getting better. I walked 3 blocks yesterday without having to stop. Parts of my lungs were down to 13% capacity on Tuesday. Now up to 36%. Half-marathon on Sunday...no chance.

Certified Running Coach
                        Crocked since 2013

jules2

Was going to take it easy this week and I was forced to anyway as luckily I noticed that a shin splint was developing. Couple of days off with just cycling and a 4 mile cross country tonight to keep the impact down. Only a month before my first "half" of 2008 and as I'm going to Holland I don't want to risk injuring myself. As the days get longer theres time for me to run around the lakes behind my house after work which makes it a change from tarmac. Out mountain biking Sunday as the forecast is more like one for April. Good luck to anyone racing this week end.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

good morning to the left coasters and good afternoon to the east. 3.2 miles in 28:40 this morning. 27F with a hint of snow in the air. little wind, and about a half inch of fresh powder on the ground for pleasant running conditions (PRC?). no slipping, but still had to pay attention, so not IRC. Smile the tightness on the front of my shins seems to be dissipating with continued stretching, so am happy about that. however, I've come up with another different kind of injury. Tuesday at the end of my run, I appeared to have pulled a muscle in my right butt cheek. doesn't seem to be what I would consider a hamstring or the glute. I didn't notice it until I started walking after stopping to say hi to a neighbor at the end of the run. it then went away until Wednesday morning when it reappeared after sitting on a plane for a couple of hours. it has popped up every once and a while, but didn't hurt at all this morning until well after the run. now it's sort of ache just to remind me that it's there. can i call on some further diagnosis from all the experts out there? SteveP--great pictures of Noah. Glad you're happy with being a Grampa. I'm hoping to hold out for a few more years since I have a 17YO DD and 21yo DS still living at home Big grin Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Happy Friday Boomers. Rest day tonday. My niece and her friend "persuaded" me to run a 15K tomorrow (signed me up, then told me I was running with them). Forecast? 15F, 25-30 MPH winds with a good chance of snow. Only hope we're running into the wind at the beginning. The good news is that the race starts and ends at a candy store, and each entrant gets a pure chocolate valentine heart and hot chocolate at the finish. Not sure how to dress, but I have everything ready to go. I've never run a 15K before. Kind of a weird mileage choice, but it will be a good prep for my half in May. Steve, Noah is beautiful. How many batman sleepers have you bought for him?! Munch, prayers and best wishes that your test results come out okay. Keep the faith! Holly, I love that tiara idea. Maybe during the winter we could change up the tiara for ear muffs! Too many boomer shin splints, sore butt cheeks, etc. Everyone get rested and well and enjoy your weekends! Jeanne
                              BTY

I get to be on page 1? Wink 3 mile easy jog. Shorts, ls sweat shirt over ss tech shirt. Knees were a little red when I got back - cooler than I'd anticipated. Instead of "just" doing the 3 easy miles the program called for, I decided to throw in 7 100m strides, one every 1/4 mile, from the 3/4 mile mark to the 2-1/4 mile marker (the same spot, actually). So even though my overall pace was 9:10 for 3, it was really a steady 10:00 pace with 700m at 5:20 m pace. Just another way of looking at it, I guess. Smile