Masters Running

Hello, Friday! 8.3.12 (Read 389 times)

If anyone's interested in listening, yours truly is a guest on this week's podcast of the 3 Nonjoggers. Episode #83.  You can download it via iTunes here.  I don't think I made a total nincompoop of myself, but you never know.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Holly, did he poke around in your abdomen? Is there a pattern to the pain, like after you eat?

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Marathon Maniac #957

Opie - yes, he poked and prodded.  The pain is right at the top of my abdomen, just below the sternum, and only pattern that I noticed was that it was especially bad in the morning, and sometimes waking me up at night.  It started to be noticeable maybe 6-8 weeks ago, but for the last three weeks I have been taking Mylanta every morning and every evening, and that's just not normal for me.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Holly, you know I have a reason for asking.  Did you discuss your gallbladder?  That's where my pain was.  Do you have a family history of gallbladder problems?  It's probably something else but I feel compelled to ask after what I went through.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Amen!

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Ohayou gozaimasu. I better practice as that’s what I’ll be saying next week this time on kinyoubi.
              Starr - with red being my age group color over there, and with “tetsujin” inscribed too,

I love wearing the old Cool Running tee. Thanks SloJim’s son.
              ps - do you still do any moonlight runs around the lake? So sorry it doesn’t sound that swimable. Under a full moon, an otherwise undistinguished sandy lake floor is transformed into a silver sheet reflecting back up to the surface turning the water itself to a silver gossamer, each stroke producing sparklers of splashing, silver spray.  Try it, you’ll like it. 

Hi Tet!

So you;ve got a "Cool Running Boomers" shirt too!  I think I will get mine out for a moonlight run one of these nights. I don't go out at night much anymore, I am such a klutz and don't want to hurt myself.  I did run as far as the spooky old tree in the park one night and then turned around.  I heard laughter and teenagers swimming at the beach as I ran home and seriously thought that it would be a great night for skinny dipping off my dock but chickened out. 

If we take the boat out to the middle of the lake we can get away from the green algea near shore.  That nasty stuff comes and goes with the rain and weather.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich