Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 7.13.15 (Read 36 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Mike - what Evanflein, and so many others said about your job situation, so I'll just wish you good luck in getting a new job where you are treated fairly, and get the respect you deserve.

Congrats on selling the house, Dave! If you want to stay here anytime before mid-November, get your reservation in soon. Our guest house is getting booked up.

Good luck on your trip to Raleigh, Ribs.

Marj & Henry, I'm glad you had a good time in Toronto, and I wish you a good and safe trip back to Beantown.

Deeze, nice MaineRunnah sighting, run and ride. Bummer about the phone. Has it come back at all?

Nice sproinky 6 after the marathon cake bake, Mariposai.

Seems that Stumpy is doing vacation right - just taking things as they come.

Great job with the team golf, Jlynne! Nice reward to have DH man the grill for you.

Nice rescue by and backpacking with Mr. Blue Eyes, Enke. Sounds like a great trip. I hope the good times continue.

I hope today is a better day, TomWhite.

How were those stout beer glazed lamb chops, Twocat? I'm glad you didn't have lobster!

Evanflein, I never do and never will use "getting old" as an excuse. Sure, my body is changing, but it has been doing that, and I've adapted to those changes, since the day I was born. The process continues...  House tours are fun, but they can also be dangerous...  Nobody said hill work was easy, but you did well, even if you didn't meet your goal.

Nice Speedster run and mango run, Aamos.

Nice 12er, Holly!

Welcome back, LaT! It seems that you did vacation right too.

Tet, congrats on a very yippee-yippee day!

Steve, I have a hard time envisioning you as the low person on the totem pole at work! Apparently others do too, as evidenced by the management module emails you're getting. Nice mutt run.

We took the 9-month old niece for her first toe-dip in the ocean yesterday. She liked it, but couldn't quite figure out that ocean thing; it was a lot different than her bathtub... We went out for lobster rolls and sweet potato fries for lunch, and then had roasted veggies and plank-grilled salmon for dinner, so we ate well yesterday. That family is leaving this morning, and we don't have any more company coming till Friday. This morning was my SRD, so I read for a bit before getting the coffee and the day going.

Have a greta Monday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Henrun

Went for a final run along the lake shore and relived childhood memories in sites that are now tall modern buildings.

Jay, thanks for your comments but we're not going home until Thursday. Till then we're visiting a classmate and spending 2 days in the Berkshires- we love retirement 

Mike E

MM #5615

Jay, thanks for your comments but we're not going home until Thursday. Till then we're visiting a classmate and spending 2 days in the Berkshires- we love retirement 

You have to admit...it's tough keeping track of you two.

Mariposai

You have to admit...it's tough keeping track of you two.

I was thinking the same. When I retire I wanna be like them. So much love for each other and love for adventure and fun.

No running here. Our hiking ascent to Bonaparte Mt tired me out yesterday,  so rest day for my wings.

I have to figure out my fall marathon schedule.  I was aiming at one in early October,  but my trip to Macedonia will make training while there impossible and traveling right after I return not doable.  I am not motivated at all to run long right now because I  am running aimlessly at this point with no specific race in mind. Got to find me a local race, that is all there is to it.

Cheers

Posie

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Slo

Mike - As far as the job - Rub some some dirt on it.

I'm farily fortunate. My job pretty much requires OT but I'm well compensated for it. Anything over an 8 hour day regardless of time off so I don't even need to work a 40 hour week.

Speaking of a 40 hour week, It is the week before RAGBRAI. I know it will disappoint you but don't look for any post from me next week.

Hot, muggy and threating weather...skipped the run.

King of PhotoShop

Steve, get the pic on top.  The dog has a better expression and you won't be photobombed so badly by that girl behind you.

EK, that is some awesome mileage. Good for you.

This will be an enforced cutback week, not just because of the race Saturday but because I'll be in Raleigh the next two days and may not bring my running stuff.

Smoked a 7 lb., bone-in pork shoulder, 7 hours at 225 to 275 yesterday and it came out perfect.  The boys will be here for dinner tonight and be going home with a lot of it I hope.

Today it was just 2.3 miles, very sluggish in the heat.  Now I have a quick project to finish for a client, then pack.  Spareribs

Sayhey! MM#130

Good still morning out there,

Say tet, my friend new to WA did the Valley of the Sun Tri--tough w/o training in the area there, but had glowing things to say about the local running club.

8 over easy for me this am.

And Kirsten, that 5K is my exception to the rule.  It doesn't hurt when you're running with so many friends.  Except maybe the next one might be challenging, since Stumpy is gunning for me.    Be sure to let me know when we can register (well, Boston registration is in 2 months, so can the Somerville 5K be far behind?)

And I miss Deez; wish I could run OR walk with you more often!

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

HermosaBoy

Morning all -- good things happening here.

Got a couple more interviews set-up and both are in person.  Always a more promising sign!

Going to be a hot one today (and humid) so I got out for my run early.  NOT EARLY ENOUGH!!!

9 miles of fun with the three Hs and trying to run fast.  UGH.

Time to shower.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Dave59

I ran an easy 3.06 this morning.  Continuing my effort to get my back and hips feeling better.  I try to loosen up a bit, run easy, and then loosen some more.  I notice my posture is bad while I work so I try to correct it.  I have do that about every 3 minutes.  

The house sale was official over the weekend.  There can still be a home inspection within 10 days and then that could cause the deal to be scratched, but we did a pre-inspection and have already been fixing things so I can't imagine what could be found that terrible in a new inspection.

Future owners came over yesterday along with the window guy.  Part of the deal was that we would go ahead with replacement windows on all the single pane windows.  So this gave them input into the type and style.  They pretty much stuck with what we had already decided on doing.  The windows won't actually be installed until some time in September (after closing.) 

We're headed to WV the week of the 27th to hopefully close the deal on the condo.  As of right now, we could be living there by the week of August 24th.  Maybe even earlier.

I am really happy to get out of here before fall.  I didn't want to be raking millions of leaves this year.

Mike - As far as the job - Rub some some dirt on it.

...I was Thinking it but didn't want to Say it........

=====================

....36-min poolrun, no belt, deep end only, closed fists....

for variety I might start Wearing A Hat.

.....................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

We took the 9-month old niece for her first toe-dip in the ocean yesterday. 

Pictures?

Hermosaboy - good luck!

Dave - they have leaves in WV too.....

Wish I could say more but I must get back to work.

5 easy-paced miles for me this morning in 68 degrees.  Oddly, the knee didn't hurt today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Quick post I fear.  I managed 14 of the slowest miles in my life this morning.  Last night's stout beer glazed lamb chops were really good!  Easy recipe too.  Get it at Epicurious http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/guinness-glazed-lamb-chops-388794.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Dave, good news about the house.  I'll miss you at the local races but know this move is what you and Cindy want.  henrun and marj, nice 5K.  Mike, I feel for you with the job situation.  I sure hope you can find something where you are appreciated and compensated fairly.  Steve, I like the pictures of you and Tag at the finish of the Charlevoix half.

Nice long runs, and walks,  for Jay, deez, Aamos, Holly, evan, tet (what's this?), and Twocat.

This morning, it was in the mid 60s and there was a light wind.  I did 5 miles at an 11:12 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

...I was Thinking it but didn't want to Say it........

=====================

....36-min poolrun, no belt, deep end only, closed fists....

for variety I might start Wearing A Hat.

.....................good running guys

i'm bummed--i did say it yesterday night and nobody noticed

But I will also say as a hard core introvert--Been there, Done that.  I will say that where I am now, the owners work harder than anyone, expect peoople to work hard, but still have an appreciation that work is not life.  And they are also very generous in showing appreciation.  And I do mean more than an occasional Ataboy.  I feel very blessed to be there, becasue I would likely be working just about the same level regardless.

Apparently, I'm taking this vacation stuff too seriously.  Didn't wake up till after 8:30 and any ambition for a run of any sort long gone.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

...you're going to start Wearing A Hat??

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....