Masters Running

Yikes! Friday the 13th! (Read 34 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Nice run, CNY, and congrats to Ultra-Amy on getting named to the US Tail Team.

Jlynne, listen to Twocat about signing up for the RTB team. We used to give older folks a cane for their birthday, with battery-op turn signals, a rear-view mirror and a horn.

Stumpy, congrats on passing your full-body scan. I get mine at the airport now.

Nice run, Lamerunner. Good luck to DS next week!

Sorry I didn't listen to your advice, Roch. I'll never do that again. Careful of that hip, and have fun in tomorrow's Pi run. You too, Wildchild, even though your Pi is so much longer!

Coach is working you pretty hard, Tammy. But it'll pay off.

Have fun with Spare Tire tomorrow, Ribs, and also have a good trip to Seattle, with/without Tet.

Yes, PBJ - you should sign up for RTB too!

Congrats on your 2nd wave Boston bib, Aamos! I missed the alligator, but that's probably OK.

Phabulous photo, Mike!

Nice 13 ups and downs, Mariposai.

Yesterday I noticed that I could see the top of our birdbath in the front yard once again. That means there are only about 2.5-3 ft. of snow left to melt.

We're (our conservation commission) scheduled to have a snowshoe tour on some conservation land tomorrow afternoon, but it looks like it'll be raining, so we're going to cancel. Too bad because, depending on how quickly the snow melts, this may be our last chance for this year.

The temps cooled down yesterday, so we had only slow melting that didn't produce road rivers that could freeze overnight. So I was able to get out for a good workout this morning: 5.8 RW miles at j o'clock in 23F temps, and under a clear sky with a half moon still sitting high. Very nice morning, in a refreshing kind of way.

Have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

Jay--think of it as Lucky 13!

Good running and nice pics from Mike the last couple of days…and a PBJ sighting!

Erika’s -30 temps sound brutal.  Ouch.

MIL got hip replacement surgery this week, so (mostly TriBee’s) attending to logistics and providing support has meant our week’s been quite a mess.  Things seem to have gone reasonably well, though, and she’s being moved from the hospital to a nursing rehab home today.  No fun.  And she gets to do it all over again for the other hip later this year.  Like they say, getting old is not for the faint of heart.

A little cooler (30F) here this morning but close enough to stay in shorts and get an EZ 6 in.

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

Happy Friday!

Jay and all of you up in the Northeast, I sure hope you get to see the ground sometime soon.

Our snow is almost entirely melted, and of course, what should be waiting under the snow but some remarkably healthy-looking weeds in the flowerbeds.  I am going to try to set aside 10 minutes per day for daily weed pulling, in hopes that they will not take over.

Fasting bloodwork this morning was easier than usual, probably because I drank about 1 1/2 quarts of water before I went.

Am I the only person who has never heard of Pre?

1:20 on the bike to nowhere, plus 30 minutes weights and core.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

King of PhotoShop

Holly, you have never heard of Steve Prefontaine?

Yes, I do leave for Seattle and realize I won't see that backstabber Tet who deliberately booked a trip to Japan soon as he heard I was coming. Oh well.

4.4 miles at the park with the Saint in a light drizzle, slow.

Last night my oldest son Garrison (SpareTire) took his two brothers out to dinner at a nice Dallas steakhouse, to celebrate Hudson's admittance to UT.  Here they are left to right Garrison, Travis and Hudson:

Spareribs

LOVE the photo Mike! Just wonderful and such joy booming through the lens.

+++1. Gave me a bittersweet feeling, remembering when life was like that -- my own and my DS's (although retirement has rekindled a lot of it!).

Quite a Rogue's Gallery there, Ribs. Those guys probably don't let you get away with anything.

Aamos, wait until you see the traffic jam when the snowbirds join the geese heading north in a few weeks. It'll be backed up from Atlanta to Florida!

Quiet day for me so far, but it sure feels a lot colder than earlier this week. Maybe a workout at the gym this afternoon and then my 5K+ tomorrow.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Morning, Gang - Happy Friday the 13th!

Yesterday was a humdinger of a day for me, so I'll have to go back and read the daily to catch up.

Great photo, Ribs.  And congrats to your son on getting into UT.

Loved the photos of Mike's grandkids.  Yes, he is blessed with a wonderful family.

Only 2.5 to 3 ft of snow left, Jay? 

Holly - How's the mouth feeling?

Rest day for me.  Yesterday was 8 with 3 tempo miles in the middle.  On the second tempo mile, I was forced to make a pit stop, so I'm guessing that one's gonna look a little quirky.

In talking with my coach last night, it hit me that Peterson Ridge is only about 4 weeks away.  I will admit right now that I will more than likely be woefully under-trained for the 40 miles, and I predict that my butt is going to get kicked up one side of the range and down the other.  I'm trying to take heart in the fact that there's "only" 3,000 feet of elevation gain/loss.  I say "only," because it's way better than 6,000!

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

Holly,  you haven't heard of Steve Prefontaine?    I do think I take it for granted given where I live though. Some of his family lives in my town and my mom, a hairdresser, even does his aunt's hair.

8 miles yesterday. ouch. i'm glad it's a rest day. hope i'm still not sore for my 5 mile race tomorrow.  it's hard to believe I used to run over 3x that amount, without stopping. 8 miles was tough for me!

<sigh> I wish Ribs had an opportunity to come to my town. sadly, there probably isn't much of a market for business consulting in Grants Pass though. .

Tammy

Quick check in to tell any and all here to sign up with team Rosie!  Just think of it as a 30 hour plus party on wheels with some running tossed in! What could be better!!

I put in my one and only 22 mile run for whatever upcoming marathon I end up doing.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly,  you haven't heard of Steve Prefontaine?  

Well, never outside of this forum, I should say.

Ribs - quite a handsome lot you have there.

Leslie - the swelling is mostly gone, but I still have to keep up the meds - 3 ibu every 6 hours, and Percoset at night, or it begins to ache quite a bit.  Kind of like having a toothache in the jawbone, but not quite so acute.  It gets better each day, though.  I think it was exacerbated all week by how much I have to talk at work, so a weekend of talking less will help.

We're having my delayed birthday dinner out tonight with friends at a new restaurant.  I still have to eat very carefully, but I know it will be delicious!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

So Twocat throws in a casual 22 miler and ducks out. Hmmmm....

Nice looking crew there, Ribs. And if you have time, you might see if you can meet up with Enkephalin or Divechief? You could even FB Soundie to see if she's up to a meetup.

Loving to see Tammy following her coach's plan. I guess when he's right in the house with you there's less temptation (or opportunity) to skip a run here and there....

Leslie, I'll be you do just fine. You've been working pretty hard it seems.

Healing vibes to Tramps' MIL (now and later), and Holly. Hope dinner is good and easy to enjoy!

Yeah, another morning of -30° here. I can't tell you how old this gets. Well, yes, I can and did. Every year about now is so hard because we're getting so much daylight, and the sun is even bringing some warmth (which is why we get 30 to 40 degree swings from lows to highs every day), but we can still have bone-chilling cold for days on end... weeks even. But, as they say, this too shall pass! When April comes we start warming up dramatically. And even next week should see temps back in the 30's, although we won't get any real melting till next week. For now, our roads are still encased in ice from the rain we had a few weeks ago. We'll have that ice for a few more weeks, too. Blech.

<shaking fist at winter>

So.... depending on what happens later, I'll see what I end up doing. If it stays sunny and the temp is above zero by 4, I'll go run outside. If it doesn't, I'll either go run a few on the TM or call it a rest day. I'm up for anything...

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya,

Nice picture, Ribs.  gotta be proud of the men there.

Hang in there Holly.  Enjoy tonight!

Trotted enough this am that I felt I could add it on my log (I don't count walking miles, but I can't say what the 'magic' pace is I'll count.  Sort of goes by feel.)

Happy PI day tomorrow.  Did you read about/hear of this run?  Wisconsin is shining out on this one!

Saturday, March 14, 2015

PI MILE RUN
                        9:26am
                        March 14th is Pi Day! Here in Stoughton, WI it is extra special. Here is why. March, 14, 2015 @ 9:26am in zip code 53589 (This is the 13 digits of Pi.) 3.14 15 926 53589 The math department at the high school is hosting a Pi Mile Run that will form the word "PI" during the running route.

For more information, please contact:
                        Eric Smith | 877-5759
                        eric.smith@stoughton.k12.wi.us

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

TammyinGP

Loving to see Tammy following her coach's plan. I guess when he's right in the house with you there's less temptation (or opportunity) to skip a run here and there....

Yeah, another morning of -30° here. 

hard to believe we are 100 degrees warmer than you are Erika. . .

yes, it's hard to be a slacker(which was my M.O. most of last year) when I live with my coach. During yesterdays run, I was so ready to turn around at 3 miles and head back. I would have been quite content with a 6 mile run.  But nooooo . . . I knew I'd have to tell David and just like a kid enjoys getting praises from their parents, now this parent enjoys getting praises from my kid, so I kept running til I hit that 4 mile mark and headed back.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

yes, it's hard to be a slacker(which was my M.O. most of last year) when I live with my coach.

Mike, great grandkid pictures.  ribs, neat picture of your sons.  Nice long runs for Mike, wild, mari, and Twocat.  Good job on the speedwork for Tammy.

This morning, it was in the low 30s and it was almost calm.  I did 3 miles at an 110:02 pace.

A good job and good runs for all.

TomS

Mike E

MM #5615

But nooooo . . . I knew I'd have to tell David and just like a kid enjoys getting praises from their parents, now this parent enjoys getting praises from my kid, so I kept running til I hit that 4 mile mark and headed back.

I know the feeling...I spent my entire childhood seeking praises from my parents...and now I think the main reason I do the things I do is to receive praises from my kids.

I entered the lottery for the Marine Corps Marathon, today...we'll see.

Okay--gotta go--I'm actually going out to run, now.  See ya!

Hey!  I'm back from my run...I took a shower...I made something to eat...I ate it...I washed the dishes...and nobody has posted during that time...hmm...

You know...there are not too many things I would rather do than to join team Rosie....but...I can't.  Man, it would be fun.

Okay--I really gotta go.  I have an all day church meeting, tomorrow.  See ya!