Masters Running

40's + on the run....new week/newruns.... (Read 461 times)

Good Sunday evening..... Way to go Evryday on the 15 miler....very, very nice and glad the shins are behaving. Sounds as though you had a nice time with family and friends last night! Jim, 2 is better than none. Glad your injuries are all starting to fade....you'll get that 8 miler next time! Woot woot to Arla....easy week of running, hard week of not being able to run! Did that make any sense.....aw yes, the good ole' science projects. Many years of those between the 2 girls. Hope everyone is doing well.....I ran 2 miles this morning and I'm sooooo happy. Just slight discomfort in the knee but nothing too bad. I seem to be on the mend..... Have a great week......Jewels
    But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee

jfa

I'm sooooo happy.
      WTG Jewels! It's a start! Great to here you're out there again! Hey Evryday,nice 15 miler and after a night of partying? You're a stud ! Jim- don't sweat the running, it'll come.Glad you're having some free time. Leslie-Good luck with the Doc tomorrow. Fingers crossed for you. Arla- In a classic case of be careful of what you wish for, next Sun, one o'clock,the blue guys against the green! Shocked Carol- Nice to hear you're lightening your load. Hi to anyone else hanging round... Splendid day out in the woods with Bboy. Crisp 35*,sunny, no wind. L ayed down a 17.5m @ 10:30 pace. Plenty to see; deer, horses, bunnies, even a 3- legged dog!

Queen of 3rd Place

Ev - nice work there, good to hear that the shins are behaving. I've heard shin splints can be a precursor to stress fractures, is that true? Joe - are you training for something or just base-building? Jewels - way to go taking care of that knee! Don't stop doing whatever you've been doing! Hope everyone else is having a great weekend Big grin Easy 8 this am, legs feeling super-fresh. Waiting and watching the Orlando weather forecast, which seems to change every day. Typical crazy Florida weather. I think the Eagles might be toast next Sunday afternoon, and so will I. Tongue Arla

Ex runner

jfa

I think the Eagles might be toast next Sunday afternoon, and so will I. Tongue
          What time does your race start Arla? MTA- and when do you fly into Fla? Don't want any jet lag if you can help it. ps- just keeping a good base over the winter, I hope. pss- good to see you Tim! Hope you feel better!

Hey all! I've had SO much trouble getting out to run. Angry I had 8 days off starting on the 31st. I've run exactly once. I was sick for a couple of days, honey-do's, general malaise... Finally got out yesterday. Will get out the next four if it kills me. I got to run in downtown Seattle last week. Great run down by the waterfront from Union St. north to the end of the trail. In a park, there was a bald eagle being harassed by seagulls. The nerve! Wink Beautiful bird, though. Anyway, hope everyone has good runs this week! Tim C.

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

xor

I got to run in downtown Seattle last week. Great run down by the waterfront from Union St. north to the end of the trail. In a park, there was a bald eagle being harassed by seagulls. The nerve! Wink Beautiful bird, though.
              Myrtle Edwards Park! I run there a couple times a week (used to be every day). Divechief Dave might still run there too. Seagulls are fearless. The Seattle waterfront eagles are kind of wimpy wambly wombly... I've seen both seagulls and crows chase them around. You must have been here post snow storm. Lucky you!

Queen of 3rd Place

Hi, Tim!! (waves) Big grin Nothing wrong with a winter break. I'm flying Friday am, hope to get a good night's sleep Friday, but there's no escaping the fact that a 3 am wakeup in Florida = midnight wakeup PST. *Sheesh* Might as well stay up all night and party. With that in mind, Saturday's schedule includes napping by the pool Cool The race start time is 5:50 am, I'm in the lead corral on the Blue course, so hopefully 10 min later or less will cross the start, and am planning for hitting the finish somewhere between 4:30 - 5:00 later. Unless I see Stitch, I'm still waiting to get my photo with Stitch from my last Florida visit. So that's worth a stop. Oh, and Wall-E. OMG, I freakin' love Wall-E. I want to take him home Shy Arla

Ex runner

Arla - It's almost here! Yippee!!! You're gonna do great! Napping, relaxing, and very little walking the day before is a good plan. Keep your legs fresh for Sunday, and then kick some marathon butt! Tim - Good to "see" you. You have been missed. And of course, we always love it when SRL drops by and gives us his pearls of wisdom. Jewels - Nice to hear the knee is feeling better. Keeping fingers crossed it stays that way. Joe- Deer and bunnies and horses and 3-legged dogs, oh my! Tomorrow I go for that CT scan. Drank the one bottle of stuff just a little while ago, now no food or water from midnight until after the scan tomorrow, which is at 11:30. I should be a relatively shaky, starving mess by then. Get to drink one more bottle of stuff an hour before. Maybe that'll help to keep my stomach from nawing away at my backbone. Wink Still no sure what's up with the ankle, and am beginning to wonder if it's a stress fracture. I have a set of crutches in my attic and am thinking about getting those down and using them for a few days to stay completely off the ankle. When I walk too much, it gets all irritated. Been taking ibu, icing, and keeping it raised, but it feels "funny" sometimes. Almost like my toes are trying to fall asleep. Weird, I know. Cripes! I feel like I'm falling apart! Thanks for letting me complain. I'm gettin' cranky with the no exercise thing. It's amazing how quickly you begin to feel lethargic and, well, for me, fat. After tomorrow, I'll be sticking with upper body and core for a few more days, but it definitely won't burn anywhere near the calories that cardio does. I know, I know. Boo hoo. Quitcher feeling sorry for yerself. Okay! I'm done. Tongue Later!

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Good morning 40s! Jewels, thanks, and glad you're knee is feeling better and good to hear your "happy" voice. Smile Joe, got the new avatar. And a very nice run in the woods. That sounds like a real treat, I need to get out of my comfort zone and find some new running routes like that. arla, I'm hoping it doesn't turn into a stress fracture. Yes, I've heard that as well and believe it to be true. < note="" to="" self="" to="" be="" careful="" /> Gonna keep a close eye on it < end="" of="" note="" to="" self="" /> Thanks for the concern. Tim, nice to hear from you. 1 run is better than 0. Enjoy them as they come. Smile lopez....still marveling at the number of marathons you do....and the locations....enjoy! Smile fattozigg......good luck with the scan. Don't worry too much about the ankle, just rest it good and proper and focus on letting it heal. This runing down time may help you focus on the upper body and core workouts you're doing. Smile Gonna play it by ear today....may get out for a recovery 3 miler.....or maybe not.
                    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

flatland mountaineer

Easy 6 this morning in single digit temps but more layers and less pre run coffee. Things went much better. Temps will be warming all week. Gotta run, more later.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Morning, Folks! Not sure what I'm gonna do with myself since I actually have work a full week this week. Egads! What has the world come to?? Big grin Today begins the day with "who the heck am I working for?" The Leaving Boss is still here, and he's already given me work this a.m. Confused I looked at Staying Boss with the "WTH?" look, and he mouthed, "We'll talk," then they left for awhile. I'm not doing any work for Leaving Boss until I know what's going on, 'cause (1) If he's no longer my employer, his work is not a priority while I am at work, although I have been given the go ahead by Staying Boss to work on my contract work if my work for him is done, and (2) I need to know if I have to keep track of my hours to bill him. And so the saga continues . . . . Smile

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Morning all....... Hope everything went O.K. Leslie.....chime in so we know you're still around! Carol, you sound awfully busy. Did the neighbor buy the business? Hope you are doing well. Hi to Tim and Stevie! Nice 6 miler Jim! Nice run Joe! Still crankin' out those miles! Hope the weather is splendidly perfect for Arla.....I think it will be! Maybe a little rain in the forecast...... Missing Cindy..... How's Kelly doing these days? Are you taking some Spring classes? Hopefully going to the gym this afternoon with my dd. Will let you know how that went! Later.....Jewels
                          But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee

Ultrachick

Hey Guys! Here I am. I had a post last week and when I hit the 'post' button it vanished. I don't know if I timed out or something and it was too late to rewrite it. I'm through my Christmas ski school schedule which is nice. Back to finding a job and moving forward. BTW-I did reach 2700 miles for 2008 and I actaully didn't run for 3 WHOLE DAYS! last week too. I ran 16 miles by the 31st to get 2700 and didn't run again until Sunday where my head was more ambitious than my legs and did 17. By 12 miles I was ready for a ride home but I don't carry a cell phone and Jack couldn't receive my brain waves wishing for him to come get me Big grin. I made it and my time was about the usual. My legs are sore though and for some reason I ran 7 more last night. I guess I need to come up with a plan before I really do some damage-anyone know a good (cheap) coach? Anatomy & Physiology Part 2 starts in a couple weeks and I did pull off an A- for Part 1. I just got another Mat Pilates class to teach 2x week and the woman I coached last summer has contacted me to coach her again this year. I still need to find a job though which is on my agenda for today. I was just scanning the want ads online. My youngest son, who is 11, competed in his first Slopestyle snowboarding competition on sunday and finished 2nd in his age group. Yes, that's doing 360s, 540s and grabs off of the jumps. He qualified for the Nationals 2 yrs ago and I'm confident he could qualify again this year so I'm dreaming and scheming about a trip to Copper Mtn in April which is where Nationals will be this year. There's the short story of my life-looks like you all are doing well-getting the miles in and the broken parts fixed Smile. I have to get on with my day...Kelly
                            If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
                              Hey, Peeps - Anybody else have trouble getting on this site sometimes? Couldn't get on last night for nothin'. Sad And anybody seen my motivation lately?? If found, send to Pull Your Head Out of Your Butt, PO Box 5555, Boo Hoo, CA 95555. Set my alarm for 5:00 and promptly fell back to sleep for over an hour. Too late to do anything. Guess that's what I get for having all that time off and sleeping in. Will have to get used to getting up early all over again. The scan went fine yesterday. Awfully frigging fast for all the prep! Had to drink more of the crap when I got there, then they put an IV in me for the contrast dye. The guy told me the dye was warm and I'd feel it moving through my body. Holy cow! Within a matter of a couple of sends feeling it go into my arm, I felt like I was peeing my pants. Shocked I mean, I knew your blood moved through your body really fast, but that showed just how fast - - and where the blood flows to the fastest. Wink My coach thinks I stressed or strained to ligaments in the foot, and the diagram he sent me and the questions he asked hit the nail on the head. So no running until it no longer hurts, but I can bike and, of course, do upper body and core . . . . . . if I get out of bed on time! Well, Leaving Boss won't be leaving for another two weeks, so at least we got THAT figured out. Okay - Gotta get ready for work. Later

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

Quick little weights session this morn. A little sore in the calves and that ties in pretty close to the achilles. I been using the foam roller and the rolling pin (thanks Cindy) and it seems to help a great deal. Jewells hope your knee keeps improving. Super long runs for Joe and Ev! Kelly, Copper in April is goooood, and congrats to DS. Getting excited for Arla. Leslie when do you find out the results from the CT? Hiya to Tim, SR and Carol. better get to going, farmer meeting with the utility co to tell us how much they are going to raise our irrigation rates.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III