Masters Running

Saturday Daily - Bahraini Sunrise (Read 41 times)

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Good Morning all.  I'll leave the recap to Jay.  I can't do it justice.  Jay - Hope you are feeling better today.

Enjoy the weekend.

Leslie - I got your message, I should be able to give you a good description by later today.

Here is a few of the pictures I took this morning on my long run.

Sunrise in Bahrain

Just starting out.  1.5 miles in.

Follow the red brick road.  10 miles

Looking north from atop the causeway bridge.  12 miles

When last I was here in 1992, all the buildings in this picture were not there.  In fact the bridge I was standing on was not there either.  Lots of growth.  They are doing what Hong Kong has been doing, they are increasing the land mass by dredging the sea bottom and using the fill material to as they call it "reclaim the land".

Plan this morning was to run 17 miles with 10 miles at marathon pace.  Currently I estimated that pace to be 8:30 per mile.  Ran the first 3 miles about 8:40 pace and my heart rate was barely in the 130's.  So I increased the pace slightly and held it till the end.  Ended up averaging 8:27 for the 17 miles with and average HR of 137.  I did stop along the way to take pictures, total time paused was just over 3 minutes.  I may have to rethink my MP.

With only 8 weeks to go before the AGM, my 8 weeks of base building is completed.  Monday starts 5 weeks of race specific training.  Adding a med-long run mid week, increasing the tempo run length and increasing the long run length while keeping the total mileage between 65-70.  Possibly adding one or two 10k-15k races or just run them by myself.

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

King of PhotoShop

Nice run Mike and great photos.

Anyone remember that old song "Oh Lonesome Me"?  "Everybody's goin' out and havin' fun..."  That's me today.  It's going to be a spectacular day today and I'll be cooped up in a convention hotel doing an all-day gig on how to sell industrial lubricants.  Oh well, enjoy your runs everybody.  Spareribs

C-R

Nice pics and long run.

Have fun teaching the sale of grease Ribs.

Whirlwind tour of customers this week so not much time for posting or reading. Off to run my Masters Indoor T&F Championships today. First time ever for me so it should be fun. A new experience for sure.

On the same old same old - another 10 inches of snow tonight. Oh boy.

Have a great one today.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

On the same old same old - another 10 inches of snow tonight. Oh boy.

Have a great one today.

Cheers.

{{ cr }}......aak indeed.....

============

...34mprnb

ws

....................good running guys.....................

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MikeRas, nice run!  I think you just proved to yourself that 8:30 is definitely NOT your MP.  Faster.

After a very good February (for me), I started off March in good fashion.  I ran a solid, if "un-fast", 15 miles at 9:20 pace.  Most miles in well over a year and a half.  Felt good throughout on a perfect running morning.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

With only 8 weeks to go before the AGM, my 8 weeks of base building is completed.

great running mike, to say nothing of scenery in a place I didn't think had any. Smile

However, is the AGM one over there?  Maybe you better check it with ilene because, if 8 weeks is 4/26-27, all I could find on the MM calendar are the AC, BL, BBM, BB, C&OC100, CP50, C50, CMM, FC, GMLO, HTD, IL, IT, ITRFLTR, JM, LWTC, OC, PL, RRM, R4TLM, SCTM, TARCSC, TCM, V24R/W, ZG50ER, AM, BTM, BSIM, CNIM, DMERR, EM, GN-SM, GCM, GHF, HM, HITSKKC, IC,JBLW100, MtSi50, NJM, OCMM, PFHFM, RnRMadrid, SLOM, SM, and TAM.  Otherwise the MtSi50 is a good one out here before you leave.

Happy March.

I'm glad to be over February.

Glad it was so short.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

Good morning everybody!

Happy March.

I'm glad to be over February.

Glad it was so short.

See?  Sometimes, short is good...

Yeah, ras--you are really running well.  And you can tell you're enjoying it just by the way you talk about it.  I know you have dealt with some injuries in the past, so I am really happy to see you so happy about your running.  Good luck!

Have fun lecturing all day Ribs!

Good luck C-R!  Have fun at the track!  Go get 'em!

Nice pool running tomewhite!

Nice run today, Bhyll.  And congratulations on a good February!

Hi tet!

I sure am using a lot of exclamation points!

Well...I have some sad news to report.  While at our tax guy's place--where we learned that we owe $4500 to the government--we found out that a good friend past away...

Chad was only 35 years old and he died from a massive heart attack.  I coached him in soccer when he was 11 years old.  He was taller than me then and finally stopped growing at about 6'-5".  He and my step-son became very good friends and own a home remodeling business together.  My step-son is devastated.  Chad was a big, happy guy.  (When I say "big", I mean tall because he was not overweight at all)  I don't think I ever knew anybody that did not like Chad.  We left our appointment and went straight to the hospital--it was already filled with tons of friends who stopped by to see him one last time.  He is an organ donor so he was still hooked up to the machines--it just looked like he was sleeping.  I can't help to think about those lucky people who will have a little part of Chad living inside them.  He leaves behind two young kids.  Anyway...it's a little sad around our house, today.

Okay--I have a church drama to write and I think I might sign up for a marathon.

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Tet - AGM = Avenue of the Giants Marathon (5/4/14)

MikeE - sorry to hear about that, my condolences - let the healing process begin.  A marathon sounds just like the place to start. 

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tet - AGM = Avenue of the Giants Marathon (5/4/14) .

lucky

MikeE - sorry to hear about that, my condolences - let the healing process begin.  A marathon sounds just like the place to start.

AGM

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Ras - lovely pics - I don't think I have ever seen pictures of Bahrain.

Byll - running well!

Mike - sorry to hear about your friend.  You never expect that at 35.

Like C-R, we are supposed to have 8-12 inches of snow tomorrow and into Monday.  I took advantage of the short stint of dry pavement to do a long run outside this morning along the river.  Only minor pain from my heel but I am so slow.  I feel I must begin building my base all over.  Alternating heat and ice feels nice.  16.3 miles total.

Running along the river, I saw the most interesting ice formations, left from the high water then deep freeze last week.  Lots of tree branches hanging over the water with Frisbees of ice on them - very cool.

Now off to DD's basketball game at 4, then her soccer practice at 7, then soccer game at 8.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MikeE - Gosh, that is tragic.  Prayers for his family.

6.2 miles at cougar mtn.  I was so impressed with Mike Ras's weight loss, I am going to try something similar, but likely less extreme.  I was tipping the scales this morning, and in the absence of a Noro virus infection, no easy way to lose it unless I smarten up with my diet.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

evanflein

As much as I don't like to see references to illness as a way to lose weight, thank you for not calling it stomach flu!

Good long run for you, Mike. DH did the Google Maps thing to see Bahrain and the area. I didn't realize how close to some pretty tense areas, but the growth in that area and south (the Durrat Resort area) is incredible.

Holly, nothing like easing into it again, I see. Smile  Lucky you for finding dry pavement, something I haven't seen for months (except when in Hawaii) and won't for many more weeks.

MikeE that is so sad. DS2's soccer coach died in her sleep from a heart attack when she was about that age. Totally shocking, and so very sad for the loss of a vibrant, energetic person and loved one.

Sorry about the cold and snow so many of you are still dealing with (again). We've had the most wonderful week we could ever hope for, and it's continuing for the foreseeable future with "maybe" some snow on Wednesday, but highs in the teens all next week. Love it! As long as it doesn't rain....

Will head out for a run soon, then I'll need to go to the office and try to get some work done. Too many meetings last week.

C-R

Sorry to hear Mike. Saying a few prayers.

Well ran the track races today and managed 11:20 for the 3000 (poor pacing on  my part); 1:07.0 for the 400; 29.9 for the 200.

Had a blast and Patrick was there calling out splits for me and my running team buddies.

Be careful with that injury Holly. I hear shoveling snow is good cross training for that. 

Time to go pick out tonight's movie.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

New skirt in town

Mike--so sorry to hear about your friend.  How wonderful for him to have had the foresight to be an organ donor.  That's a strong legacy to leave behind.

17 freezy miles today.  I don't think I've ever done a More Miles Than Degrees run in March before.

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

NHLA

9 miles 1 hr 32 min  Forest Service Rd. 5050.