Masters Running

Funtastic Friday 4/10/15 (Read 31 times)

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya and Good Morning!

Zoomin' by as I need to go to the high school for my mentor program later today.

Wildchild, so cool!

Ran some bridges last night and met up with another Boston runner there.  The hills just kill us when we go to other climes.

10K bright and early tomorrow--Shark's Tooth...there are some beaches around here where you can find them fairly easily.

6+ last night and nearly 6 this am.

Good Weekends!

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Sounds like you're ready to go, Amy!

Dave, you're right about that freakish weather 3 years ago. I remember riding my bike in summer garb on an 80+ degree day in March! And as your friend commented, it ruined a lot of crops that year: cherries, apples, etc.

Holly, this is the time of year when I really feel the difference between here and where I grew up in Cincinnati. You are typically a good 6 weeks ahead of us in getting outdoors weather in the Spring. And I'm sure you'll have an opportunity to load up on Michigan cherry products when you're up here in June.

I think I finally have this injury on the run, as I got a targeted massage yesterday and today my leg feels better than it has in weeks! But when she had me on my side and started working down my IT band, it was "Yowza!" and I actually looked up to see if she was using a rolling pin -- but it was only her forearm :-). Anyway, I now have a plan to do some daily stretches and roller work, plus another massage in a week or two.

It looks like a decent weekend around here -- I hope that it's good running weather wherever you are!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Dave59

Big weekend here.  Massive clean-out going on.  Taking tons of trash to the road and staging different tons of stuff in the garage for the church rummage sale next week.

We should have the house on the market by the end of the month.

Real estate is a major hobby for Cindy and she is very pessimistic about selling, but I say she is WRONG!.  This is a great place with a lot of intangibles.  Walking distance to the elementary school, lots of privacy because there is a wooded park beyond the backyard, kitchen remodeled, bathrooms remodeled, basement finished, new floors and carpets, and a feel good vibe from us living here the last 13.5 years.

I told her it will sell in 4 weeks or less.  She is already making contingency plans for the fall in case we are still here.

So when this place goes on sale,  I will ask all of you to call on the real estate spirits and beg them to make this place sell so I can be right and Cindy wrong!  Man would that be great!!  It's a lifelong dream of mine.

mta - Oh, I did run 3 this morning in some windy conditions.  Practiced a 9:00 pace for the last 2 miles.  It is a good pace for me to shoot for in half marathons and the 15-miler over Labor Day weekend.

TammyinGP

easy 4.6 miles last night. will probably run a few "keep it loose" miles after work tonight, then the Pear Blossom 10 mile is tomorrow. I'm not in 10 mile shape at all. The most I've run is 8 miles, but this will be my 9th consecutive year of running it and I can't not run it. largest race we have here and so much fun. if I have to walk a little, i'll walk a little.

David called me this morning and he made the top 12 (of 31) in round 1 yesterday (public speaking category) and advances to finals this afternoon. He has to make top 3 of finals to advance to Nationals in Chicago. waiting on pins and needles!!

Tammy

So when this place goes on sale,  I will ask all of you to call on the real estate spirits and beg them to make this place sell so I can be right and Cindy wrong!  Man would that be great!!  It's a lifelong dream of mine.

Hmmm - not sure if those types of thoughts will appease the Real Estate Spirits . . .

Loved Carolyn's birthday pics!

Good luck, David!!

Today is the last day here at work for one of the young women who works the front desk.  She's only been here a few months, but I've grown to really like her and I am going to miss her terribly.  She's decided she wants to go back to school to become a PA, but in the meantime, is going to spend a few months in CO living rent-free at a friend's house and backpacking.  She as an incredible mind, heart, and soul and kind of feels to me like the little sister I never had.  I'm sorry to see her go, but I'm excited about this next chapter in her life.

Happy Friday, friends ~ Have a good weekend ~

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Roch - hoping you have the injury almost beat.  Re: spring - when I ran Boston I really noticed that we were several weeks ahead of them in spring growth at this time of year, so I expect it would be the same with MI.  Just as I had said it would, the several days of storms really woke up everything here, and the grass became bright green and lush (and grew about 6 inches) just in the last week.

Carolyn - great birthday pics!  And that 20-miler was slow and tough, especially near the end, but at least not due to injury but rather lack of stamina.

6 WINDY mile for me today.  The temperature was 55 degrees, but the steady 30mph winds made it feel much colder.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I have been on "go go go" mode all week getting ready for my trip and, now, we're at the airport waiting to board the airplane...the AIRPLANE!  Have I ever told you how much I hate flying.

Okay--Debbie is giving me that, "You're talking to those fake people again!" look.  Gotta go!  See ya...I hope...

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I prefer "Imaginary".

Anyway, I wussed out with the full blown cold rain this morning so I'm counting on a nice weekend to inspire me.  I'm sure I'll be ready for a fast 5K next Sunday.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Where's Mikey Mike going?

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Sayhey! MM#130

Leslie, I believe Mikey is running a marathon in or around Reno, in between bouts at the blackjack table and roulette wheels......

Kevin, do we have Team Running Ahead colors for Somerville or are we doing the Boomer thing and going with what feels good the day of?

Tell Debbie wait'll we meet her--and all give her a loving pinch to show we're real, even if some of the stuffing's come out and a few buttons are lacking......

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Leslie, I believe Mikey is running a marathon in or around Reno, in between bouts at the blackjack table and roulette wheels......

Kevin, do we have Team Running Ahead colors for Somerville or are we doing the Boomer thing and going with what feels good the day of?

Tell Debbie wait'll we meet her--and all give her a loving pinch to show we're real, even if some of the stuffing's come out and a few buttons are lacking......

There are team colors?  My usual style is "early yard sale".  I'm hoping it will be cool enough that I can wear a jacket at the start................

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Henrun

Did my belated birthday run today-81 minutes. Had support from Marj who ran at start (after her daily run) and cycled past me at halway point. Felt really good with no evidence of knee pain which was bothering me in NYC.

Mike- we are more than real!!

Bury a statue of St. Joseph in the back yard. Upside down, facing the house. My niece is a realtor and she swears this works all of the time. No worries on selling Dave. We put our house on the market two weeks before Thanksgiving last year, thinking we were in for the long haul but it sold in a little over two weeks.  With all of the improvements you've made on your house and if it's priced in the right range, it's a goner. Being in a house over 13 years, I suspect you have some "stuff" to get rid of. Good luck with that!

Hope you got good news from David, Tammy.  And good luck with your race tomorrow.

Happy flying Mike!  Hope it's a direct flight so there's only one take-off and landing.

Glad the run went well Henry. Hope you had a great birthday.

It was raining AGAIN this morning and a mighty fine day for some cross training in the pool at the Y.  45 minutes of lap swimming and 30 minutes of pool running. I tried to "run like Tom" without a floatation belt and lasted all of 8 minutes.  Not quite sure how he does that!

Apparently, today is "National Sibling Day."  Make sure you call all of your brothers and sisters and tell them you're glad you're related.  If that's the case

Good luck to all who are racing this weekend!

New skirt in town

Happy Sibling Day!  I had no idea such a thing existed...I'll call up my twin and let her know!

Just 70 min on the elliptical today.  I ran 6 hard miles yesterday, and wanted to take it easy today as I give in to my taper!  Feeling pretty terrific, if only this dismal, cold rain would let up...say, by April 20??

--RT

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

Apparently, today is "National Sibling Day."  Make sure you call all of your brothers and sisters and tell them you're glad you're related.  If that's the case

It depends on what kind of hair brain idea he has going at the time. I swear, if we didn't look so much alike, I'd have to accuse my mom of hanging out with the milkman 52 year ago, if you get my drift.

Leslie
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance