Masters Running

Where is everyone Wednesday (Read 33 times)

Just thought I'd get it started since it's a few minutes before noon on the East Coast and I don't see a Wed thread 

Have an appt with a new chiro at 12:45 - hope he offers me some relief from this sciatica!!

denise

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!  I'm here, just off mentoring this am.  My poor high school student will indeed be mortified at the Strides for Education 5K she MUST attend in a week, where her mentor will show up as an ol' lady in shorts.  Who exerts herself.

Rosie, I don't know Meg except from here, and not like I know you, so it was YOU to whom I referred yesterday.  Goofygirl.  love you!  Are you really going to go to Reston in April?  It's a greta race--and good food after.  Plus we have access to the school gym before and after, so indoor plumbing!

Anyone else been reading Dilbert and thinking of our Jay?  Here's a good one from a few days ago:    Meetings!

Hope the treatment works Deez.    Looking forward to seeing you again.  (less than 3 months....)

Leave you with this:  Chocolate Cake Day:  Date When celebrated : Always January 27

Chocolate Cake Day is a chocolate lovers delight, and a day to eat cake. Why this a day to "bake your chocolate cake....and eat it, too!"

Image result for chocolate cake

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thanks deezie
        Good luck with the Chiro.
        Maybe celebrate “National Chocolate Cake” Day afterwards.

I almost did a five mile running commute but had to bring in a USPS Priority box full of goodies from Japan* for DS in Idaho that never got sent because of belated Christmas with GS right after coming back so put it all in the back of The Red Baron and brought it to the office for mailing instead.  Fortunately, though looking like rain at any moment all the way, mercifully didn't happen and I,. and the goodies, arrived dry and ready to go. .
        *selected items  
        blueberry sandwich
        shrimp potato chips
        shrimp senbei crackers
        seaweed potato chips

dried baby river crab snacks
        seaweed shoestring potatoes (new)
        seaweed butter peanuts (new)
        Mt. Fuji green tea
        gold flake sake**
        gold flake cookies**

frozen egg-filled herring
        pollock egg spaghetti sauce
        pollock egg sprinkles (for rice)
        corn consume soup packets
        chocolate cake bar (oh, I think I’ll eat it today)
        almond-and-dried sardine snack pack
         = = = =
        ** from Kinkakuji (Golden Temple) in Kyoto.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

That is one yummy looking cake!

Crazy-busy at work, as it usually is at the end of the month, so I will be brief.

5 miles on the TM for me this morning watching Downton Abbey.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

I better not let my DH know about Chocolate Day or he's going to expect me to bake something. And since I found out at my doc appt last week that not only is my BP higher than normal for me, but my chol levels are also too high, the whole family is going to have to endure my healthy eating changes. 

Tonight is our Runner of the Year awards dinner. David is pretty excited to come out of "running retirement" to get his trophy.

got home from work last night and still had about 30 minutes of daylight (whoo hoo!), so put on my running duds and took B&B for a quick trail run. We only got in 2 miles and then it was getting fairly dark on the tree covered trails and I know from up close & personal experience just how much B&B like to prod the little skunks that come out, so we went home.

Tammy

....Good Luck Aamos//......don't be surprised if she asks you If There's An App For That

============

........40s here, snow is gone

tried to RW at the HighSchool back parking lot,

did 45-min with a Smooth Stride and not as much Arm Swing, just about half what I think it's supposed to be

if The Back let's me know I did it right, I'll do more Time

...................good running guys..................Nice Goodies tet.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

mrrun

Deez - hope chiro makes you feel better

tet - can i get  a goodie package?

aamos - happy chocolate day to you - in brooklyn we heard talks about artisanal chocolate makers

tammy - congrats to the two of you again

holly - nice run and probably went fast watching DA

mta - TW snuck in while i was posting - snow melt is good!

no run this morning, because i spent the time at the Archeology Lab sorting artifacts.  Lots of doll pieces, hair comb tines, more bones then you care about - about 160 from one bag only, and other good stuff.  Looks like two digs will be happening in spring and summer!  wanted to go out to see the 5 planets but it was cloudy, so hopefully tomorrow morning.

smile, it makes the day seem sunnier!

marj

Has to be a quick fly-by, so just a general shout out to everyone . . . and that cake looks DELICIOUS!!

Yesterday, since I was still feeling the effects of lack of sleep, I did very little core/ST and took off an extra day.  The result was a nice 6 miles this morning where I felt good the whole time.  I'm starting to string a few of those types of runs together.  CAUTION:  The universe may be on the verge of imploding . . . .

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dave59

I ran an easy 3 miles at the park today. 

I was going to mention an encounter at the park today where 4 people were walking toward me, side by side, and no one would open a gap for me to go through so I had to come to a complete stop and let them walk around me. And then I was going to mention how they then warned me to look out for icy patches which is about as helpful as telling me to look out for oxygen in the air. I was going to mention all that but I don't want to sound like a whining complainer.

I was going to mention an encounter at the park today where 4 people were walking toward me, side by side, and no one would open a gap for me to go through so I had to come to a complete stop and let them walk around me. And then I was going to mention how they then warned me to look out for icy patches which is about as helpful as telling me to look out for oxygen in the air. I was going to mention all that but I don't want to sound like a whining complainer.

Reminds me of an Andy Rooney piece on 60 Minutes years ago wherein he complained about people who think they are entitled to take up an entire sidewalk.  I loved Andy Rooney!

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

King of PhotoShop

My normal pace on anything longer than a few miles is slower than ten minute miles, but now those statins are gone, I did 8:3 miles in 9:52, which for me is good.  Played bridge this afternoon, had fun.

Tammy, I must have missed something. What is this about David coming out of retirement? Did he quit running?  Best to you two on your awards.   Spareribs

TammyinGP

yes, Ribs. he is no longer running. After track season last spring, he was getting burned out. he took a few wks off when he was preparing for his public speaking competition in Chicago. and then he joined up with the summer training sessions with his team/coach, but as the summer wore on, he began to dislike running more and more. He made the decision to not join the fall XC team and had hoped that maybe he would feel the drive again, but he really has no desire to run anymore. I was shocked and a bit saddened at first, but obviously he can't run because mom wants him to. As it turns out, not being in a sport right now has freed up his time to be involved in other endeavors. He's on the math competition team, the debate team and has been able to more fully immerse himself in FBLA and the student-run non-profit he's on the executive board for. Not to mention he has the toughest class load he's carried yet with AP and Honors classes.  Long answer to your question, but there's the whole backstory. 

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

Will he be participating in the GOP debate, tomorrow night?

TammyinGP

GOP? nah, not david!  lol 

He has enjoyed watching them although since these are really the first ones he's ever paid attention to, we've had to explain that this is really not the norm, and certain people are not conducting themselves in a manner which is acceptable for a potential world leader. 

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

Good for you and good for him.