Masters Running

Tues (what date is it) Daily Masters Runs and....You All Rock (Read 464 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Almost midnight - and I won't be sleeping anytime soon - early start to the daily...is that OK, really? Running, 8 easy miles at 8:45 pace. Legs still sore from my good wave run Sat. And looking forward to a fast 5K TT at the track to get Ribs off my ass about new training paces (sorry, I am posting this late night, so I should have said butt...then why didn't I) RA people....sheesh, you all rock. I can't really believe all the responses to my losing my job thread...I am speachless....that's not me right (rolling eyes) I really really feel the heartfelt love from everyone one here....it is Love. Very good advice - love the healing vibes (hugs back at you) - support - stories like mine where you and yours came out on top - keep your chin up - we are thinking and Praying for you - with tears in my eyes....thanks to each and one of you wonderful and caring people here at this special place....RA. I slept in on purpose this morning, being bummed out and didn't want to be awake when some other person takes over my job I cherished and worked so hard to make profitable...not for me, but the Dealership and my guys. I then brushed myself off and showered and cleaned myself up. I then went and cleaned my car up inside and out which it needed badly. Then went to the unemployment office and took care of that (felt guilty though, but I have it coming as I have paid into it over the years) On this beautiful sunny day I then went and visited some of my mentors in the car Biz, and they were shocked at what happened to me given my background and good work ethic. These are some really super good networking Friends that can help me out....great people. Tet, I called my HR manager and asked her about "my file" She said there is no file because you have never been wrote up or ever in trouble here (she really is a nice woman) I then asked about anything the consultant guy may have said...she said....nope, he said nothing about you. See people, this really sucks in my State that this can really happen with no recourse what so ever...none I tell you as I have researched the issue. Hey, it's past midnight, so this is the new daily....in the midwest at least. One thing I found out today at the unemployment office....damn, the hawt single women filing out at the same time as me. Geez, if I were have known being fired was the ticket to a phone number of a pretty and single gal, hehe. Finished my new and updated resume today, which I am not happy about because it looks lame like everyone else's....I am NOT every else. Ribs, can you help me with this???? And relocating... don't have a clue how that happens....but have a open ear. Hope you all have a great day....and remember to be thankful for what you have. It can indeed be taken from you before ya know it. I really Love each and everyone of you Hugs to you, cause your hugs to me felt so good. Sure I may be bummed a little in the morning agian...but less than the day before (Tears) TimBo PS: my Sweet and thoughtful offers to help me with Seattle....please give me a few days ok....Tears again. Can't wait till I can (try) and be funny again... I have not ate anythng since last Sat afternoon...I have to stop that for Marathon training...but don't feel like I deserve to sadly

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Slo

Mornin Tim Just having a cup of coffee before mt morning run. Looks like your coming to grips and you know what you need to do. Everyone is pulling for you. I'll be check back in later. Run hard, work as little as you have too, and keep perspective on what is really important !
        Tim, have some breakfast (or lunch) even if it's only a couple of pieces of toast. You need your strength and being low on fuel won't help you feel better. This morning was my final speed workout. I wondered about the wisdom of this during the last taper week. I eventually decided to do it if for no other reason than to wake up the legs and to let them know I'm not giving them a total break. "Got that Legs? I need ya!" 6 miles total with 6 x 1/4 mile with 1/4 RI between. Targetted 1:42 per repeat (but didn't really feel the need to push this at all). 1:49 (7:16 m/m) 1:49 (7:16) 1:47 (7:12) 1:48 (7:12) 1:48 (7:13) 1:45 (7:00) The legs felt terrific today! Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Hang in there Tim. I have a feeling that things are going to be better than ever for you when all is said and done. I was out for 3 this morning. I was going to do 4, but the legs were feeling tired so I decided to listen to my body - ha! Smile 9:50 avg. pace 158 avg. HR Home for 300 crunches with B'Nellie acting as resistance that last 40 or so. Cheers!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

I love the smell lilacs when I run... slo_hand...I grew up on a farm and LOVE ducks. I now live in town, but near a little lake that has ducks year around. It is what sold us on our house when we moved here. No run for me today, just kid activities by the buckets and my niece is visiting. Should be fun.
              Morning, gang! ((((((((Tim))))))) - more hugs - so glad to see your post at the top of the list. Go eat something!!! SLO - loved the duckling photo - it brings back fond memories. I imprinted my fair share of ducklings and chicks when I was a youngster. I remember tearfully trying to return a chick to the hen only to discover that it preferred to stay with me. Made my youthful day ;-). 7.5 hilly sproinky miles in IRC. It was 38 degrees at home this morning - 45 degrees in Groton when I started running. I'm going to miss this cool weather running. It's supposed to be in the 80's here by Thursday. Good runs everybody!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Slo

Handymom......I'm gonna miss the little guy when he goes back to school. Last night I had him out. My son wasn't around and the little guy was following the dog around. My DS usually has the dog with him when he has the duck out. It was funny. I tried to get a picture of the duck nestling up to the dog but I think Sadie was getting fed up and kept getting up and moving to another spot when the duck would come near. Awesome run today. From now until June I am focusing on two high quality tempo runs each week. This morning I did a little 2.2 warm up at an 8:52 pace then I did a 20 min tempo at 7:13. After a little cool down I did 2 block pick ups. 2 at a pace around 7:30 - 7:45 followed by 2 blocks at 8:45. 8.32 total miles at an average pace of 8:00/mile. Picture pefrect week for some good solid training. Great runs to all !
                  Slo-hand, Tempo runs are the Ticket. Keep it up! Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

4.5 easy miles today. First back-to-back runs and feel pretty good. Tim, you were in my thoughts today while I ran. I appreciate all your comments here and I'm pulling for you as well. You rock.

Nice running folks Go Bill! and I agree...tempos are the ticket. Nice running SLO_HAND and love the duck photo...very sweet. Today's workout was all about consistency---it's the first in a series that will build in the next weeks--the fast sections won't change much in time since Coach wants me nailing paces again, but she'll add reps and the rest interval will decrease as time goes on. Anyway, ran 3.3 miles to the Smith track and then it was 3x.75 mile (the outer trail/cinder loop encircling the athletic fields) at 7:05-7:10 pace with a 2:30 interval and then run home (all up hill). I hit the outer loops at 5:18, 5:19,5:18 (7:04--7:06 range) right on---9 miles total. Core and weights afterwards and I am happily tired now. Off to the airport and PA

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! {{{Tim}}} Ribs – nice 20-miler on Sunday, btw. Jlynne – tough HM for you on Sunday. I don’t take gels for a HM, but I do make sure to have a good breakfast (oatmeal w/raisins, banana) and I take a few sips of Gatorade at most stops. Hard speedy sessions sometimes awaken my injury from last summer (gracilis tendon at pelvis), and yesterday I was feeling the familiar dull ache, albeit mild, which I interpret as a “no speedwork for a couple days” signal, so I chose to forego my scheduled intervals today for trails and hills. I’ve never actually run on trails before, so I ran to a local park that has a (disappointingly) short trail system and trotted back and forth on those for a couple miles. Then I did my “Heartbreak Hill” loop, which is a loop of almost exactly 1 mile - a ½ mile steady uphill climb on the next block, ¼ mile steep downhill on my street, then ¼ mile connecting them. I did 4 of these today. After a 5 minute stop to hustle up breakfast for the kids, I did 2 more miles on the TM @ 8:49. 9 miles total. I really felt like doing more today, but ran out of time. While I am sooo grateful to have a job, I have no work holidays between January 1 and Memorial Day, and I am SO looking forward to a 3-day weekend. Tongue

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tramps

8 miles of TM "hills" at the Y today. I built up to 12% incline but had to slow my pace w-a-y down to 13:00 min to do that mile. Sure makes the cool down mile at 2% seem easy.

Be safe. Be kind.

King of PhotoShop

Make positive progress one day at a time Tim. It is good to see you getting right at the things you need to do. A few key points on the daily I see here. The Tinman program I follow has just two key workouts a week, similar to what SLO is saying. You can mix and match them but the key is to do one LR and one medium LR per week. The long run may be a wave run, or have tempo work in the middle, and the MLR I use as my track day, which for me is tomorrow. Holly, when you get these aches and reminders from when you were injured last time it is wise to back off as you did, and you may decide that when you go back to interval work to increase the workout distance to 800 or 1000 meters because teh slightly slower pace will be gentler on your body. Speed puts intense pressure on the musculo-skeletal system, meaning the joints, tendons and ligaments in addition to the muscles. SLO and CNY had some great workouts. CNY is really annoying me with the 1200's at that pace. It's also interesting that Bill "felt" the pace he should work at, and didn't concern himself so much with the "target" time. That shows great understanding of how to pace a workout and get it done. I will probably have to do that myself tomorrow. Today I again ran just a couple of miles on the dirt and will enter "Recovery Run" in my log for the 2nd day in a row. But I have to do this because the 20 on Sunday really did tire me out.
                            dg.

Holly, way to go. Such a fine example you are setting Wink. I hope the ache goes away. Your hill doesn't bother it? Karin, what a great workout. Thanks for the details on how this is going to change over time. more hugs for (((((((Tim))))))) Must go see duck pictures. Mary, that picture yesterday was so adorable. Nice run, btw! Janet, congratulations on your first 10 miler! Cool. GoByll GoByll GoByll. Smile George, glad to hear you're doing well. Tramps, did you hang on? 5.7 miles this morning, 10:35 av. pace. sad but it is what it is, & I have my plan in place to get all healed again & finally maybe head in the right direction for a little while. Since I've sworn off the track forEver, this was my first mid-week river run. Absolutely piercingly beautiful... so much more fun than the track. A schedule adjustment though, I got home later, & didn't get in the cross training I usuallydo. Worth it. PT this afternoon. speaking of PT, Erika, what's going on with you? mta, hi Ribs! Here I am posting after you again, funny it happens so often. I used to post after DaveinAA. You guys keep me humble. So happy about your 20 miler, & that you are being smart in your recovery. Belated happy birthday to the Saint.
                              Mariposai

Tim...you need to EAT, now. You need to look your sharpest when you go to your next inteview. EAT said the food fairy. Holly, you wanted to do more after that Shocked Roll eyes you sure are made of a different stuff than me...four times over that monster hill would make me want to crawl back to bed. Will visit the track this afternoon. For now just preping for a presentation to new employees I have to do. Erika!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how are you? Great sproinky mileSueT. dg,look at you sistahhhhh. Great runs! I am so proud of you! go Breger goooooo Cool

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard