Masters Running

Thursday, July 16, daily (Read 34 times)

Mariposai

Good Thursday my dear friends. I hope your day is going well.

I welcomed the day with 8 easy miles. Glorious day here today. A little cooler and a nice breeze to make the run very enjoyable.

Holly, sorry to hear about the car trouble. Don't let it ruin your vacation!

Enjoy your Thursday!

Ohhh, for the records, I am still the Queen (birthday queen that is )

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mornin', All ~

Our humidity broke here, and I had a pleasant cool predawn run in shorts and a short-sleeve short.  My third in such attire so far this year.  It was nice.  The 6 miles went well, and I scared the crap out of a couple of young gals.

Between work at work, transcription at home, and dealing with my dad's stuff, I am so jammed right now, I can't see straight.   What do you do when you have clients calling asking for work that you said would be done two weeks ago?  Somehow I don't think they'll accept, "I'm trying.  Really I am."

So off to work on an accounting I thought my co-worker had been working on for the past two weeks but hasn't and the client is getting PO'd.  Can't say I blame him . . . .

To top it all off, the dang racoons decided to use one of my pots with plants as a soccer ball last night.  No wonder the neighbor's dog was going crazy.  And it was one of my happiest pots.  . . . dang racoons . . . .

Have a good one, friends ~~

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sayhey! MM#130

Rain, rain, go away!  Rained last night so-> no run.  (Good sleeping weather, enjoyed that  .)

Rained this am, so just 3 miles.

Raining now.    Thunder too.

Want to run with Speedster buddies tonight.  Wah.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

HermosaBoy

Morning all -- I wish our humidity would break.  Temperature was nice for my run today, but it was a wee bit think.

9 miles done with 6 of it being on the zippy side.

Shot down on one of the jobs I interviewed for on Tuesday, but called back for an additional interview on another.  I'm still doing the dance.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

...we had 8-inches of Humidity Broke last week,

and

a Tornado Broke about 2-days ago

http://wate.com/2015/07/14/tornado-damage-reported-near-cookeville/

and yes,

we actually talk like that>>>>>>especially the ''bleep'' at the first of the footage

personally,

I hope nothing else breaks for a while

============

40-min poolrun, no belt, deepend only, closed fists

and

not a Boy Scout in sight

..........good running guys..........Beautiful GrandDaughters mikeE......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59

I met up with the Starbucks crew for a trail run at 5:00am. My headlamp went dead in the first couple miles so it forced me to keep up with the guys I usually let go on ahead. Otherwise I'd be tripping over downed trees, branches, and roots. So put me down for a hard 5-miles. Some at sub 9:00 pace. If it hadn't been 49° I would have never survived.

Today's Starbucks sample was a Cookies & Cream frappuccino.  (Who drinks this sugary stuff?)

evanflein

I really had to think about why Dave would need a headlamp for a 5 a.m. run. Is it really dark at that time? I really can't even imagine that now...

tomwhite, congrats on "turning in the keys." Gotta be a good feeling, if not a little bittersweet.

Hang in there, Leslie. Good thing you can go running to help clear your head. At least that's how it helps me keep on track.

Fingers crossed, Hermosaboy!

Another nice day on tap here but I won't be able to go out for a run until mid to late afternoon. Dang work keeps getting in the way!

Same as tomwhite here, humidity all went bye-bye last night!  Beautiful morning for a run.  That was good as I had planned to do 18 and did.  The bad news for me is that my friend and I are hosting our annual barbecue bash this Saturday and not only is the humidity supposed to be back but there are threats in my weather app that it may storm as well. I sure hope not or I will not only have a soggy barbecue but also have to come up with a plan B to handle about 50 people inside my house!

As for today's run it was, of course, far more spectacular as those our western friends run!  They, alas, lack the underpasses and overpasses in my area.  This run was a bit short physical on beauty with (sad to say) just one underpass, but here it is.

The rest of the course is quite unattractive.  Perhaps the worst part comes at the part of my loop where I start back home.  For some reason when Mariposai was out here for last year Reach the Beach Relay she wanted a picture of Calf Pasture Beach.  Here is what it looked like this morning, dirty, ugly sand and water all.

It seems it was a good morning for breakfast.  With this one apparently content to munch on the Bird Brain Breakfast of Champions.  Personally I would prefer eggs, onions, peppers, tomatoes, spinach, grits and cheese but to each his own!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Carolyn's mountains, TC's underpasses. Carolyn's mountains, TC's underpasses. Carolyn's mountains, TC's underpasses.

Such a tough decision. 

5.8 miles this moringing in Maine.  Nice and cool at 8 am.  Not going very fast over the hills, but i am running them all.  I'm hoping when i hit the flats again, they'll feel easy and I'll feel fast.  It's vacation, I can dream, right?

Erika--us southerners are well on that long decline to winter already.  Another couple of weeks and it will be reflective vest time at 5:30am

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mike, great pictures of your championship grand daughters.  hermosa, good luck with the followup interview.

This morning, it was in the low 50s and almost calm.  I got in 3 miles around the kids' place at an 11:03 pace.

After breakfast, we went to the hospital where our oldest grandson was introdud to his new brother.  It went well.

Grandma and grandpa were delightted to get a picture with both grandsons.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Mike E

MM #5615

Very cool, Tom!

HermosaBoy

Cuties Tom!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Sweet pictures, Tom ~~

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Mariposai

Thanks for the pictures of Calf Pasture Beach! I really enjoy running that route!! A 50 people party! That is a lot! Need any helpcooking?

Adorable picture of the grandparents and grandsons.

{{{{{{{{{Leslie}}}}}}}}} thinking of you sistahhh.

Holly, how is the vacation going?

Great swimming san-Boy Scouts!!!

Stumpy, are you back from vacation?

Hermosaboy, good luck with the next interview. I have been on that dance floor a couple of times in the last 5 years. Not fun, but the right door will open up and this also shall pass.

Well, time to go home now.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard