Masters Running

MARCH Challenge Update!! (Read 57 times)

TammyinGP

just did my 6.

gee, still feels like the 6th of March to me . . . Joking

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

I did my 6 on the 6th.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

jeffdonahue

Did my 20 last night, with the extra pushups.

Is anyone else getting groin pain when they do the kick back and kick forward?  Probably just me - I had strained my lower abdominal muscle last Fall and thought it was healed but it might be flaring up again.  I did the last 5 last night without the kickback, but insted instituted that Yoga pose thing someone recommended in the original post so it was more of a stretch than an explosive movement.

TammyinGP

jeff, I have a feeling I'll be modifying like that towards the latter half of the month.

Tammy

Hoodoo Guru

No groin pain but I can certainly feel the stretch in that area.  Felt like I tweaked my calf just a little.  Due to a back problem I haven't done squats in years, so this type of explosive movement will prove helpful in the long run (I hope.)  I actually feel like my thighs are getting larger.  For the record, I did my 20 yesterday but with a 30 second rest after 10, and another 30 seconds after 15.

The tangents are moot.

jeffdonahue

Rest breaks are okay - there's no requirement that you do them continuously.  In fact, I'd be surprised if I can do them continuously by the end of next week.

Yeah, soccer season is coming up in a month so I dont want to injure myself before it starts.  I'll play it by ear though and do the explosive movements when i can.

Mike E

MM #5615

21 with the extra pushups...but "explosive" cannot be used to describe any of the movements...

I need an official ruling.  Next Saturday--the 16th--I have a race.  I do not want to trash my legs by doing 29 burpees the night before...or even the 15 required by the challenge.  I have not missed a day of these challenges yet and I really don't want to miss that one either.  So--do I just have to suck it up and do at least 15, or can I do some extra the day before...and do less on Friday...then, of course there's the issue of doing them on Saturday, too...since the race ends at a bar and is serving green beer...which I am sure to consume large quantities of....but that will be my problem if I don't do them because of that.  Anyway--I don't know who has to make that call...Tammy...Holly...I'm afraid to even ask jeffdonahue...let me know.

TammyinGP

I did my 7 after my run tonight.

I don't think it's up to me, but rather jeffdonahue since it's his challenge this month, Mike.  here is yet another reason why you should have started with 1 Joking

but since you are now in this predicament, if it were up to me, i say you have to do at minimum of 15 after drinking copious amounts of green beer. and take a video to post here. Cool

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

22...with the extra pushups...then a weight workout...I should have run.

TammyinGP

did my 8 tonight.

I feel like my form is improving and my jumps are a bit more explosive at the end. Have to make note of that now, because by the time I hit the 12th, I might not be able to say that.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Did my 8 on the 8th.

Did my 9 today.  I have to admit, though, today's were pretty wobbly, done directly after my 10-mile run.  Doing 10 after tomorrow's 20-miles will be tough.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Did 23 plus the extra push-ups.  I was missing the planks, so I did some of those, too.

TammyinGP

I've still been doing planks about 4 mornings a week also, Mike. Just sort of got into that habit and now it's almost like a part of my 'getting ready for work' routine.

I still have to do those blasted 9 burpees today. Calves are sore from my run. I don't think my jumps will have much explosiveness with them today. I might just be standing up.

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

I did 24 with the added push-ups.

Marathon Maniac #957

Did my 10 on the 10th.