Nickelback Appreciation Group

Where were you when you first heard Nickelback? (Read 72 times)

paulski66

miscreant

???

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...

Tar Heel Mom

Unleavened Dead

Probably was driving in the car and my DS1 played it when he was a teenager. Or I heard it from his room. Or something like that. But it definitely came from my DS1.

I actually remember saying to my DH, "That's not as bad as some of the shit he listens to."

I hope YOFG appreciates the effort we are making here.

"Won't you try just a little bit harder, couldn't you try just a little bit more?"

yeoldefatguy

Resident Nickelback Fan

On a job site in northern Michigan. I was surrounded by mullet-headed, flannel wearing hicks while working construction on a ski lodge.

Of course it's a real gun, it's a real race.

kaleidoscopeEyes

The first Nickelback song I remember hearing is How You Remind Me.  It was 2001.  I had just turned 24 years-old and was working in Harlem at the time.  This song was played, like, 3 times an hour, every hour, on the "alternative" rock station, as well as the Top 40 station, as well as on MTV and on VH1.  The first couple of times I heard it I'm pretty sure I was like, "Hmmm.  This is kinda catchy.  I guess they're not that bad.  But, I better keep this to myself." 

When I saw the video, I remember thinking, "This guy looks like a cross between Jesus and a lion.  WTF?  He has the same hairstyle as the cowardly lion from Wizard of Oz."  

After the 5,000th time I heard this song (the 5,000th time would've been, probably, only the 3rd day after its initial release), I was like, "FUCK THIS SONG!  FUCK THESE GUYS!  FUCK THIS RADIO STATION!  FUCK THIS RADIO!"

But here's the funny thing:  with all the times I heard this song, I never really got the lyrics straight.  I just Googled them.

Never made it as a wise man
          I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing
          Tired of living like a blind man
          I'm sick of sight without a sense of feeling

WHATTT?

This is what I was hearing:

Never made it as a WHITE man
          Couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing
          Tired of living like a BLACK man
          I'm SICKA SICKA SICKA SOUNDS OF SILENCE...

I also remember the deep discussions I used to have about Nickelback with my friends.

"Dude...is this that Staind dude?"

"No, dude.  I think it's that Creed dude."

"Dude, no.  The Staind dude is that dude that looks like a cross between that Dave Matthews dude and that Uncle Kracker dude.  The Creed dude is the dude that's a cheesey Eddie Vedder wannabe."

"Wait.  Who the fuck is Uncle Kracker?  Is he related to that Kid Rock dude?"

"Kid Rock sucks!  He's worst than Fred Durst.  He's wurst than Durst.  He's liverwurst."

Who would've thunk that that Jesus Lion dude would end up getting with that teeny bopper "La La La Sk8ter Boi" chick.

Gravelrunner

Running blows

I accidentally clicked on a Yeolde post and thought it was a rickroll.

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?