Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Gaylord Opryland (Read 536 times)

Staying one night, May 18-19. I get to ride down with three other ppl and ride back the next day. No car, etc... Yay! Looks like I could get an outdoor run in by running along the river on the complex: http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-states/tn/nashville/118338938490
      That looks like one nightmare of a run.

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

I'd think for the price of a drink in the hotel bar you could get one of the many local Nashvillians to pick you up, take you to a much nicer place to run, then bring you back - and they'd probably even run with you.

Oh Mighty Wing

my birthday is May 20th. In other news: Oh and I'll be in Nashville - but most of you will be in Boston... I'll be in Nashville for CMM as well. MTA: for clarity - I blame Jeff for befuddling my simple brain.
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Why would folks be in Boston on May 20? Shan, running CMM? Strings, that is a TERRIBLE course. Nasty ugly bad roads. If you can get a car, I would drive to the other side of Opryland to run on the Two Rivers greenway or to cross the Cumberland Pedestrian bridge and run in Shelby Park. Also, dude, this is RunningAHEAD. Why would you post a stinkin' mapmyrun map?

Oh Mighty Wing

Trent - i'll be down the 18th/19th of April. Ok well the night of the 18th anyway. And yes I'm coming to CMM - unless a WAY cheaper marathon up north appears - although I'm pretty sure I didn't see one.
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Maybe we should go run with Strings on the 18th. What is bringing you to town? What are your CMM plans?

Why is it sideways?

my birthday is May 20th. In other news: Oh and I'll be in Nashville - but most of you will be in Boston... I'll be in Nashville for CMM as well. MTA: for clarity - I blame Jeff for befuddling my simple brain.
                  Sweet. I will be at CMM. 1:30 HM pacer.

Oh Mighty Wing

Strings said May. I said April. CMM plans - I haven't made it that far yet. I want to see how Jackson goes first. Or did you mean like lodging/social plans - in which case I still have no clue... But hanging out and seeing everyone is high on my list of things to do. Big grin
                    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Lodging/Social. I was making fun of your prior May/April confusion Wink

Oh Mighty Wing

Lodging/Social. I was making fun of your prior May/April confusion Wink
                        ooohhh hahaha i'm slow - hard to make fun of people when they don't get it huh?? Tongue I'm still working out the details - as I have this issue with staying with people because i'm in a very "I want to come and go as I please and do whatever I want to do" place in life... staying with people tends to make me feel like i need to do what they want in an attempt to be as gracious and non-disruptive as humanly possible... so you know i'll probably deal with it all the week before I come down...
                          I'd think for the price of a drink in the hotel bar you could get one of the many local Nashvillians to pick you up, take you to a much nicer place to run, then bring you back - and they'd probably even run with you.
                          But who would pay for their $18 parking tab whilst imbibing? The schedule (typically) goes: meetings until 5:30p, dinner/team-building 5 to 8-ish. Back to mMeetings the Tuesday morning @ 8:30. Thoughts? MapMyRun only because of the route being input by someone else.
                            There is a going away party in the works, so Deanna tells me, for the weekend of CMM since it'll be my last weekend in town. Saturday night of course. You'll all get invites sometime soon. The Nashvillians that is. Shan too, since you'll be in town.

There is a going away party in the works, so Deanna tells me, for the weekend of CMM since it'll be my last weekend in town. .
                              Cry Hey, I just recalled that thread way back when where Smoopie and Tony got in a virtual fisticuffs over politics. And now they're yours and your BFF's BFs. Isn't it a wacky world?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

+1 What is the CMM/going away party plan?