Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Track meet (Read 131 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Jeff GUESS WHAT!!! I went to an indoor track meet and helped out!! I helped setting up and taking down hurdles AND then I got to help our coach record splits. It was SO MUCH FUN!!! But oh I had soo many questions!!!!!! our coach couldn't answer them right away because he was working the pole vault (this particular meet was run by the coaches association so all the coaches had to work events). Anyway, I wanted to thank you for suggesting i get involved, because it was COOL!!!! I'm going to the girls/boys meet next saturday also!!!

Why is it sideways?

Sweet. Yeah, coaches are busy and nervous. Best to check it out for a while until you figure out how to help out first in small ways, then ask questions. Keep showing up. The coach may change his mind about whetehr he'd like to have you as an asst. coach.

Oh Mighty Wing

Thanks! I definitely will. When he was finished at the pole vault he asked what I thought and I told him it was great but I had so many questions - he laughed and was like "I figured". yeah I would have been happy to just hang out and watch, but when he offered things for me to do to help I jumped on them! I was telling Candice it was like watching the swamp at 16. It was all these boys in piles sleeping then when it was time they would get up do a little jumping around go run and go back to sleep. They were all nerdy and jumpy and wired with energy but trying to control themselves... it was pretty entertaining.